Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I spoke to a person (who shall remain nameless) at my local dealer where my deposit is being held, and was told they just got a few Sky's in and the next allocation for them for this week is supposed to be 3 Sky's, so I'll find out later in the week if I get moved up due to the tranny and wheel constraints and get the car ordered. Fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
So far I know we will have one (1) SKY allocation for tomorrow but I don't know if it is a Regular or RedLine yet!!! :banghead:

Regards,

BA...

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
SKY Spy said:
So far I know we will have one (1) SKY allocation for tomorrow but I don't know if it is a Regular or RedLine yet!!! :banghead:

Regards,

BA...
Word is manual constraint may be lifted in the next couple weeks. And i know the plant has really ramped up turbo production. It won't be much longer sky spy :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
PresPD u get any news of my car coming in ??? :D i havn't called or heard from them since they called me last Saturday saying my car is coming in next week. i didn't know our dealership got so many allocation since it looks like a small dealership. just glad i put a deposit here and not somewhere else :thumbs:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Voster,

I called and they said they received two this week, and were both sold..I assume one is yours. The guy who handles all the Sky orders wasn't in, but will be tomorrow. I plan on calling around 10 or 11 AM to find out...Will let you know.

I didn't think the dealership was big at all either and it kind of surprised me too. I could be wrong on the allocation numbers, but it excited me to hear about it, and jived with what I was told that they were getting about 2/month.
I don't think it makes much a difference though that they are small. All six San Diego dealerships are owned by the same people, so I think its more of a family set of dealers rather than a single owner different entity feeling.

Sean

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 8-17-06,

Talked to our Sales Rep/manager that handles all the Sky orders where my deposit is being held. As of 8-17-06 I am #8 in line for an order to be placed. Now the good part for me, and not so good for 5 of the 7 people in front of me:

Manual tranny is still constrained, as are the wheels.
4 or 5 of the people in front of me are R/L's and they are guaranteed to be pushed back. One cancel since my deposit was made moved me up, and 5 of them are manuals too. If things go well, the order will be placed sometime around or just after the end of September, which would mean I am #3 on the waiting list if nothing changes between now and then. That feels pretty cool.

I asked when they'd have a R/L in for a test drive, and he said maybe 3-4 years, and his waiting list for a R/L is at least a year now. He told me that the R/L is going to be rarer than before as they simply won't be making as many as originally expected.

Voster,
I think your blue is waiting for you, but i forgot to ask if they had another in so you could have yours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thx for the update PresPD... now i'm exited and really want to call them tommorow but i dont want to bother them that much since they said they be calling me when it gets in. but i really hope your news is correct and that my blue is in :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts