Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard a rumor about this...that they are loosing the battle to Japan with sales. I just wondered if anyone could back this statement up or have a creditable source that proves this statement.

If true, how would this affect GMAC & current loans. Im guessing nothing at all.

Please give me some insight.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Your being sarcastic I assume...

If you aren't -- yes there is considerable financial difficulties for both companies. Google News probably has a nice nest of stories from reputable newspapers to offer details on their attempts to rebound.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
As a corporate bankruptcy attorney, I believe that it is very unlikely that either Ford or GM will actually file bankruptcy in the near term. There is only a slight chance, in my view, that such an event would ever occur for either of them.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:agree:

reorganization, mergers, divesting -- all this will swing them around.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Your being sarcastic I assume...
If you aren't -- yes there is considerable financial difficulties for both companies. Google News probably has a nice nest of stories from reputable newspapers to offer details on their attempts to rebound.

CrackerJackToy said:
Have you graduated high school....( I'm asking ... not to be sarcastic )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. Im currently in college, but what does this have to do with this post?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
CrackerJackToy said:
Yes. Im currently in college, but what does this have to do with this post?
Current Affairs , Newspaper Headlines, Internet Search Engines,

.. . . . . . . . . . . . . ..

The Global GM Story

In 2005, we sold 9.17 million vehicles, our second highest global sales volume ever.
2005 was the best global sales since 1978.
GM is Number One in China, the fastest growing car market in the world.
For the first time, GM is selling more cars abroad than in the U.S.

2006 First Quarter Earnings

GM made a profit: $445 million 1st quarter earnings.
$1 billion year-over-year improvement in North America.
Record global revenues for the quarter: $52.2 billion.
Higher profits from China and GM Daewoo.
Several markets in Latin America, Africa and Middle East regions post the highest first-quarter sales in our history, all with profitable quarters.

Strengthening the Balance Sheet: GMAC Sale

Sale is announced of 51 percent controlling stake to a strategic partner, to restore GMAC’s investment grade rating and renew its access to low-cost funding.

Sales of Suzuki, Isuzu and Fuji Heavy Industries

Suzuki: Reduction of 20.4 percent stake to 3.0 percent resulting in cash proceeds of approximately U.S. $2 billion from the sale, with a pre-tax gain on the sale in the range of U.S. $550-750 million.
Isuzu: Sale of 7.9 equity stake, resulting in cash proceeds of about USD $300 million.
Fuji Heavy Industries: Sale of approximate 20 percent equity stake, resulting in cash proceeds of more than US $315 million.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I've seen the news too, but no chance of Ford & GM going under, well, unless the entire Middle East gets into a cataclysmic war, and there is no oil, but, I have that solved already...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,512 Posts
richm said:
I've seen the news too, but no chance of Ford & GM going under, well, unless the entire Middle East gets into a cataclysmic war, and there is no oil, but, I have that solved already...
Gives a whole new meaning to the term horsepower...

Say, what does she do in the 1/4?:jester:

On topic though it is no surprise that Ford and GM are loosing ground domestically to the imports. Let's face it, most US automakers put a big emphasis on SUV lines over the last decade or so. Now with gas prices soaring and no respite in sight folks are looking to ecconomical cars and Hybrids. Let's face it, these kinds of cars are not a strong suit of American car companies anymore in the eye of Joe and Jane Consumer. Trucks, sure American trucks are the best (arguably) but cars, imports are better. That's the mindset today.

So with more and more people looking for ecconomy look for the the number of SUVs and Trucks to plumet while small or import car sales increase. I'd imagine overseas that GM stuck more to cars than trucks and that's one reason why you see increased sales in those reagions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts