Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
18,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my Saturn dealer in the parts dept. One of the supervisors stated that in about 3 months Saturn will come out with an after market rear light. He stated he saw it in a brochure from Saturn. Personally, I am hoping for the lights from the Vauxhall Lightning....but any substance to this rumor?

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think a 3rd (center) brakelight lens with SKY imprinted would be cool.

·
Registered
18,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
for those who do not know what I am talking about, go to the vauxhall lightning concept car site....u will see what I am talking about....it is not the 3rd LED brake light...it is the rear lights....go down 2 replies and the link is there

·
Registered
138 Posts
YEA BABY THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT ! 2 things i did notice was the rear lens on the sky little to busy for my taste and the front grill on the sol cheap fake plastic ugly grey. But other then that i say they pretty much hit a homerun with the styling.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Those are Kool... I just hope they don't do the Sky in the lense thing though. I am hoping Saturn is going to get away from embossing their name or the name of the car on anything related to the car...:willy:

·
Registered
138 Posts
We should not be ashamed to see the saturn name on the car they produced for us to buy we should show some respect. 2 cents ! Everybody acting lIke saturn is low class or something i don't get it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:
Those are Kool... I just hope they don't do the Sky in the lense thing though. I am hoping Saturn is going to get away from embossing their name or the name of the car on anything related to the car...:willy:
Actually Saturn IS shying away from printing or embossing the Saturn name on every car. They are looking for Logo recognition. The Saturn badge will be on most new cars produced and will most likely be the only refrence to the Saturn name. . . .
SKY is the first model to follow this and Aura will follow. The next year model of most Saturns will also lose the Saturn name embossed on bumpers etc...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah I had read about possibly seeing those tailights for sale at one point.. I think I would also like to see a tinted version of the stock brakelight to match the tinted headlight on the Redline.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah those lights are cool, but maybe not enough to make people want them more than the regular ones.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Gotta have them.......................:drool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
As long as they work I'm not changing a thing. If it doesn't make the car quicker, handle better or stop faster I don't want it.

ok except for those little chromies from KS they're pretty cool... :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
GMinTheDriveway said:
As long as they work I'm not changing a thing. If it doesn't make the car quicker, handle better or stop faster I don't want it.
well... most ppl probably buy the Sky for the looks as much as any other factor... hard-core performance buffs would gravitate to EVO's or STis... cars that are also known for their looks (butt ugly..lol). They typically REALLY don't want to spend a dime unless it is for performance.

The Sky & Redline have sooo much more to offer than just the promise of performance. Why limit yourself? You can be fast & great looking too!

Prolly 90% of the aftermarket $ I spend on my RedLine will be for performance upgrades also... but I won't rule out a few bucks simply for looks... stubby antenna, possible tinted windows (for those few occasions when the top & windows are up.. ie. typically when parked), HIDs, definitely a great looking LED taillight kit if offered, etc. (and the little chromies..LOL)

·
Registered
138 Posts
yes those lights are fat it should make the rear of the sky look nicer. but i like the look of the rear on the pontiac little better.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts