Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have probably one of the coolest running Solstice GXP out of all of the people I've talked to on this subject... My car barely ever tops 197 degrees w/o the AC on....even if it's 96 degrees outside. My tune has the fan temps changed, so my fan is 20% at 192, 40% at 194, 60% at 196, 100% at 198. On Sunday, we did a 100 mile cruise. It was hot here, 95 degrees with 95% humidity. I decided while we were waiting to leave, to turn on my AC...my car got to 205. But I drove with the top down, so I wasn't using AC and never got above 198. From the finish point, I decided to ride with the top up and AC on. It hovered between 201 and 205 for the ride home, but I was nice and cool!!

So in answer to your question, I would say you have a 'normal' running car.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Phoenix. My car regularly runs at 198 in Winter, 205 in Spring and Fall, and 215 in High Summer.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree, that is normal for the conditions mentioned.

·
Registered
423 Posts
A few weeks ago I got an 'idiot light' notice that our machine was running hot (220+?), so I pegged the Info screen to coolant temp and it has been 199 or less ever since (moving). We don't drive her much, so I believe the "hot" reading was a freak.

For these reasons, I think you are normal.

·
Registered
959 Posts
A few weeks ago I got an 'idiot light' notice that our machine was running hot (220+?), so I pegged the Info screen to coolant temp and it has been 199 or less ever since (moving). We don't drive her much, so I believe the "hot" reading was a freak.

For these reasons, I think you are normal.
The coolant light comes on at 250f or so, if it came on and quickly disappeared then either your temp sensor is on its way out or you don't have the check valves in your coolant lines and this will happen again.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i was cruising around the city going hard with the ac on and got up to 102 degrees celsuis(215 f).outside temp was 34 celsius(94 f).any worries or is it close to normals.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Dexcool 50% water boiling point with 15lb cap is 265°F. However I have found other brands rated at 225° but they don't state the cap pressure.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The coolant light comes on at 250f or so, if it came on and quickly disappeared then either your temp sensor is on its way out or you don't have the check valves in your coolant lines and this will happen again.
hey shabby,do the check valves help keep the temp down or are they just for air bubbles ?? i have a set just haven;t put them in yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts