Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to start a new thread to lay out what is the consensus to this point on the Road trip.

The date is Sunday October 8th.

We have folks coming from the Dallas area, Houston, Austin and the San Antonio area. Looks like a good group of Sky's

The San Antonio folks will meet at the Academy at 12 noon and travel to the meeting place.

The Dallas folks will meet up with Mark at HW 281 and Lampasses and take 281 to 306 and then to the meeting place.

I know of two others Sky's that have indicated there intentions to participate; one from Austin and one from Houston. My suggestion from Austin would be south on 35 to the meeting place and from Houston would be I-10 to 46, 46 west to 35 north to the meeting place

We have decided that we would meet at the north end of New Braunfels at the intersection of FM 306 and Interstate HW 35 on the east side of the interstate at 1PM Oct 8th. There is a recently closed restaurant with a big parking lot. We understand that there are folks traveling from multiple locations and are out to enjoy themselves so there is some flexibility in the time.

From the meeting spot we will get some lunch. I would like to get consensus on what type of eating spot you want so I will attempt to start a poll (if I can figure out how to do it) so that we can get consensus.

Depending on where we eat we will drive through Gruene, Tx. (about 2 miles) Greune is a historic Texas town with with a lot of history, movies were shot there and there is a music and wine fest going on this weekend. There will be plenty of folks to give the "wow" factor. We can stop if that's what you want to do.

From Greune we will go to River Road and enjoy a quite, serene drive along the banks of the Guadalupe River. (Sounds like a travel brochure)

From the north end of River road we will drive up to the Canyon Lake Dam for a very good pretty view of Canyon Lake.

From there I am inviting the group up to my house for a stretch of the legs and some beverages (non alcoholic for the drivers and other options for the passengers) before you hit the road back to your Casa. I live about 2 miles from the lake off of River Road on a dead end with very little traffic.

This is what we have so far. Feel free to ask questions, provide additional input, seek clarification etc. This is for everyone's pleasure so we can be flexible, change things etc. based on general consensus.

Look forward to meeting you all.
Automatic
6 CD disc
Decklid Spoiler
KGWG7D "ordered" 7/14/06

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would love to do this ride, but I have a couple of papers due this month for school.. If there is a ride being discussed for next month, I should be able to attend. (hopefully) You guys have fun and be safe!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
The plans look great!

I am excited to meet everyone!

I will bring up the group that is meeting at the Academy to meet with those meeting in New Braunfels, PM if you need my phone number.

·
Registered
229 Posts
See ya in New Braunfels

I will be a designated photographer in New Braunfels, since I am still waiting for my Sky.

I will see all of you there.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Wine festival!!!!!!!!!Oh know.:eek: I can't let my wife read this thread. When she does, She'll be calling my sister, and they'll be gone without me!:banghead: Between those two, they love wine festivals.:cheers: Then I'll be with out a SKY!!! :brentil: Ernest, Will you rent Serenity to me.:) Huh,, Pretty Please.:D I wanna go!! Please....:thumbs: :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Alright looks like we are all set for a weeked full of fun in the sun. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Wine festival!!!!!!!!!Oh know.:eek: I can't let my wife read this thread. When she does, She'll be calling my sister, and they'll be gone without me!:banghead: Between those two, they love wine festivals.:cheers: Then I'll be with out a SKY!!! :brentil: Ernest, Will you rent Serenity to me.:) Huh,, Pretty Please.:D I wanna go!! Please....:thumbs: :jester:
You want to use her? Give me a call, so I can get her out of the dealer Sat nite:thumbs: Or pick her up Sat.:D

·
Registered
229 Posts
The weather forecast for Sunday looks like great top-down driving weather. 90 degrees and partly cloudy.

Mother Nature is cooperating nicely.

·
Registered
900 Posts
OK, D/FW group.Found a Cracker Barrel. South of Ft Worth on 35w at the Alsbury exit. East side of 35. Jim&Susan, I'll meet you at the truck stop that you mention @ 6:30. Ernest, Well meet you at Cracker Barrel @ 6:45ish. Sound like a plan??:thumbs: We NEED more SKY'S. Come on everybody!!!!!!:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
See you at the Cracker Barrel, I should be there waiting for you all by 6:30. I can't wait, the excitement is building already!!!! Good thing I have a water heater to replace in my house tomorrow, at least it will keep my mind off of the trip for a couple of hours!!!!!:lol: :lol:

We are going to eat before headin' out aren't we? I love their Smokehouse breakfast platter!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd love to tag along but Sunday just doesn't cut it for me.

Driving from San Antonio back to Dallas would be at least 4 hours I'm guessing and I just did that recently when I came back from Houston, so kinda tired of doing another long haul so soon.

Y'all have fun though & remember to post lots of pics when you get back!

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK, D/FW group.Found a Cracker Barrel. South of Ft Worth on 35w at the Alsbury exit. East side of 35. Jim&Susan, I'll meet you at the truck stop that you mention @ 6:30. Ernest, Well meet you at Cracker Barrel @ 6:45ish. Sound like a plan??:thumbs: We NEED more SKY'S. Come on everybody!!!!!!:willy: :willy:
We will be there roarin' to go.

J & S

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
We will be there roarin' to go.

J & S
I will an the Cracker Barrel at 6:30 ready to roll, we need to hit the road by 7 am in order to make the hook ups :thumbs: Although I have my Radar detector, we will cruise at a comfortable speed so as to enjoy the drive, I generally cruise around 80, but we can go slower.:thumbs: After all, this is a cruise, not a speed run, right?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds cool.....I will be there. :thumbs: Can't wait to meet everyone, and it will be good to see you again Ernest! I want to meet Mayhem:cheers:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ready to Drive

Julie and I will be there. Ernest we will meet you at the cracker barrel. We have been looking forward to joining in with one of these trips:cool: . Summer
was just to busy:willy: . There is a reason we wanted this car.:driving:

·
Registered
900 Posts
CJ, Great you can join the Sunday drive. Look forward to meeting you.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts