Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

Haven't been around much this summer. Busy with golf and stuff. The car is fine. Just turned 20k . As some of you know I have a sailboat named "Sandbar King" that I take out in Barnegut Bay for fun. This year I did not fail the name. I got stuck on sandbars twice and had to get pulled off by Sea Tow. Good thing for towing insurance. I saw today that a 38 foot sailboat hit a submerged jetty at Barnagut Light and sank. I'll be leaving for a week in the Caribbean (British Virgin Islands) to go sailing with 3 other guys on a 38' catamaran. One of my friends has it berthed there and we decided to do a man thing for a week. I'll be leaving on the 25th of Oct. and back early Nov. Have a good Halloween Party. I'll post pictures when I get back.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yup, have sailed there in the 90's in someone else boat and have noted different sailors stranded from time to time. We also hit a sandbar but was going fast enough that we actually bounced over it in a Cape Dory. I bought my own boat and sailed in the Shrewsbury, Sandy Hook, and the Raritan Bay. Owned two different O'days during that time but sold the last one when I bought my Sky. I miss sailing but I can access my Sky anytime of the day or night and enjoy the ride with the wind whistling through my hair (what is left of it).

·
Registered
284 Posts
part of the crew part of the ship enjoy your week

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Bon voyage! :seeya:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all,
Back from BVI after 9 days of sailing. What a great time. weather was perfect with prvailing winds of 18 knots. Did a lot of sailing and snorkeling. Sorry I missed the storm here. NOT!!! here's a few pictures of me on the boat.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts