Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I was at a Saturn store today and they sold their SKY for 32500. What a bargain for the hottest car in the country. Compared to all the "bump" stickers on the Solstice of 5000 and up, the SKY was a steal at that price. And the dealer added a cool air intake, with a bunch of other accessories. What a deal ,and what a car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
why are dealers adding unnecessary features, then jacking up the price? that really burns me up. but like the saying goes, "there's a sucker born every minute.........:cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree, if a customer wants that option, the dealer can add it after they agree to buy that unit.

This reminds me of a friend who bought an Acura MDX back in 2001 when these trucks just came out and were on a wait list. Acura threw a dealer an extra unit, my buddy bought it but had to take about $5,000 in aftermarket..there was no choice.:mad:

·
Registered
727 Posts
glock919 said:
if thats a deal i got a bridge for sale...
:agree: Yeah, $32.5 doesn't sound like much of a deal at all for a car that would generally sticker for around $25K, and other people are paying that much for them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is This Bridge A Draw Bridge. Because Im Thinking About Buying A Boat.
Besides Have You Idiots Ever Heard Of Supply And Demand. The Dealer Could Have Just Jacked Up The Price And Given The Customer Nothing, At Least They Got Something For Their Money. Oh Yeah They Have a Sky And You Don't So Stop Your Whining Just Because You Can't Afford One.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
Oh Yeah They Have a Sky And You Don't So Stop Your Whining Just Because You Can't Afford One.

Oh I can afford one, even have my order in but it's for what I wanted on my car not what the dealer wanted to sell me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
Man I was at a Saturn store today and they sold their SKY for 32500. What a bargain for the hottest car in the country. Compared to all the "bump" stickers on the Solstice of 5000 and up, the SKY was a steal at that price. And the dealer added a cool air intake, with a bunch of other accessories. What a deal ,and what a car.
If it was "a steal" at 32,500, why didn't you offer a few thousand more and get it for yourself? Funny to hear how all of us who have actually put our cash down already are whining because we can't afford a Sky. The only reason we are whining (when we whine at all) is because the cars are stuck in the delivery pipeline somewhere instead of in our driveways.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
Besides Have You Idiots Ever Heard Of Supply And Demand. The Dealer Could Have Just Jacked Up The Price And Given The Customer Nothing, At Least They Got Something For Their Money. Oh Yeah They Have a Sky And You Don't So Stop Your Whining Just Because You Can't Afford One.
Saturn is trying to discurrage dealers from jacking up the price of the Sky. It's not a good thing. If you want to throw your money away go for it, but, many of the Saturn dealers are sticking with MSRP.

If you're willing to pay that much more for the car then why not pay extra for a Z4 or something like that.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
Hey nice talk . Coming on our forum and calling us idiots is not endearing yourself to our forum. So nice talk or leave already.. Skip... don't have to put up with this...:) :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
If I have to pay over MSRP to buy a car because it is "Hot" I will stay home.

Fireball24 you need to cut the attitude or leave, thats uncalled for.

·
Registered
802 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
Now you've got it! That is the catch! They have you by the knicky-Knacks and are squeezing. Some can squeeze a little harder than the others. Supply and demand? Low supply and High demand is where it is right now and you pay the piper for such a neat little car. Granted a few lucky ones have gotten away "scot" free, but the majority will be having their addons and paying for them. Or the dealer will look over their shoulder and yell "NEXT!". We are just lucky these are Saturn people and not used to sticking it to you or maybe some would be paying 40k+

·
Registered
311 Posts
Due to your lack of civility, you have just been added to my ignore list.

Name calling does not cut it on this forum.

"Plonk"

·
Registered
295 Posts
This guy had an old name on this forum. We had a "troll" on here a week or so ago that would capitalize the first letter of every word like this guy did. I looked but could not find an example post to show, but I think it is the same person.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
Oh my, sounds like our nasty poster is back :eek: Its either that or they are mad cause they cant afford one

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
ku4zs said:
This guy had an old name on this forum. We had a "troll" on here a week or so ago that would capitalize the first letter of every word like this guy did. I looked but could not find an example post to show, but I think it is the same person.
:agree:

·
Registered
113 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
sounds like a rip-off to me.....what a deal?

·
Registered
877 Posts
FIREBALL24 said:
That deal stinks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts