Saturn Sky Forum banner

Sales, Ordering, & Allocation FAQ [discussion thread] <-READ FIRST

6K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  brentil 
#1 ·
#4 ·
brentil said:
That can only be done by mods, what parts are you wanting updated? I don't look in those very often so I don't know off hand what needs to be fixed.
Well the pricing info, and option packages (option versus standard) need to be updated, the data is a but old. Also color info and spoiler info could be added.

#5 ·
DuSpinnst said:
Well the pricing info, and option packages (option versus standard) need to be updated, the data is a but old. Also color info and spoiler info could be added.
Thanks, I'll try to update it if I have some free time.

#6 ·
No Sky customer orders taken by one owner of 3 Saturn Stores

I went to my local Saturn dealer to see what they knew about the Sky, and the details about ordering. I was surprised that they will not except orders from anyone.They expect 6 cars (two for each store) and will sell them @ MSRP first come, first served. They expect a lot less hassle for themselves and their customers that way. It will be interesting to see how that works out for them.

#7 ·
Chip said:
I went to my local Saturn dealer to see what they knew about the Sky, and the details about ordering. I was surprised that they will not except orders from anyone.They expect 6 cars (two for each store) and will sell them @ MSRP first come, first served. They expect a lot less hassle for themselves and their customers that way. It will be interesting to see how that works out for them.
how can they expect less hassel for the customers, are you going to sit at the dealer and wait on the sky to come in? or will he call you and make sure it isn't sold until you arrive? it does not seem fair to do that to me...
first come first served should be the people that put their deposits down first...

#9 ·
Northern Sky said:
My Northern Sky will be Chille pepper red, two tone leather Red & Black with Black top.

Base equipment and limited slip diff.

I have not seen the order guide or a real car (In person).:banghead:
We in Canada have no price yet so I'm playing the waiting game.
The limited slip is standart equipment here:)

#13 ·
Northern Sky said:
Was told that of the 66 Canadian Saturn dealership each will get 5 Sky.
and the Canadian orders will be made before the American ones.
If this is true I will have one of 10 cars in Saskatchewan and the only one for over 300 KM.
Don't count on it:cool:

#14 ·
Northern Sky said:
Was told that of the 66 Canadian Saturn dealership each will get 5 Sky.
and the Canadian orders will be made before the American ones.
If this is true I will have one of 10 cars in Saskatchewan and the only one for over 300 KM.
I think there will be 500 for Canada. Saturn of Regina is getting 6. I doubt if Saskatoon will get any...but I could be wrong.

You and I will have mighty rare vehicles around these parts.

I got Yellow...you?

#18 ·
I live in BC but my order is placed with my dealer in Calgary... where did you hear that canadian orders are being made first? Because some people in the US on here are recieving their cars in the next week or two, and I still have 2 months to wait :willy:

and my dealer is getting 8, I am number 6.

#21 ·
SkyMan 07 said:
how can they expect less hassel for the customers, are you going to sit at the dealer and wait on the sky to come in? or will he call you and make sure it isn't sold until you arrive? it does not seem fair to do that to me...
first come first served should be the people that put their deposits down first...

Boy, they might have a few fights on their hands, especially when the lawyers get involved...

#23 ·
Now here is a question about allocation... my retailer has only received 2 images... the dealer image which was alrady delivered... and a 2nd image ordered in the beginning of March...

This is not a small dealer... and is not a large dealer... pretty mid-sized... it is in county of 200,000 and a metro area of 5-600,000 people. The closest other retailers are 1.5 hours south in Wilkes-Barre... 1.5 hours north in Syracuse... 2.5 hours north-east in Albany... 5.5 hours west in Cleveland, OH... 3 hours to the east in Poughkeepsie, NY...

I keep seeing places with 5, 6, 7 images received... orders already put in... up to 2 cars already delivered... yet, here... just 2 images so far... does anyone have clues??? Think it is because we are in a cold & snowy area???

#24 ·
I'm New here

I'm from the Left Coast, So. California. I finally decided to join up to the forum. I ordered my Sky from the dealers image last month. The build date was the 10th of April. Got a confirmation from the dealer that it is being shipped and should be here by the end of the month. Mine is Midnght Blue with Black Leather. I can hardly wait. Test drove one last weekend at a different dealership. :thumbs: Great feel to it.

#25 ·
I've updated the FAQ with the fact that the Saturn system is now the defualt GM system. All the order codes were in the FAQ already from when I setup the FAQ, I've jsut moved the old Saturn ones below the now new ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.