Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems everyone is complaining about their salesmen today. Let me join in. My salesman, of course, didn't have to do anything to sell me the car. So I put my down payment (hold check) down in April. He tells me it will be about 10 months. I say OK because I really wanted to save some money up first so that was perfect. I tell him I want to see more as they come in to see the other colors in person. I never hear from him. I email him. Twice. Nothing. I call him. Left 3 messages. Finally he calls me back. When I pick up the phone at work he says "Hey, this is the SkyMan". Now, mind you, when we put our down payment down and were telling him what we wanted, he knew absolutly nothing about the SKY. We had to educate him.

Well, now he was calling to say it's time to order my SKY. It's only May. Last time I counted that was not 10 months. I told him I wasn't ready yet but I would still like to be called when other colors came in.

Never hear from him. So end of July I start calling him. Leave 4 messages and 3 emails before someone tells me he's on vacation. Fine. I'll wait 3 more days til he gets back. NOTHING:mad: So I call him when I know he's gonna be there. He says "Oh yeah, sorry I was on vacation". I said " Yeah I know. I left you 4 messages." Then he says "Then we had a death in the family and my father in law is in the hospital". You know, I"m really sorry but all I asked for was a call back. Now I want to know where I am in line. He says "I'm working all night so let me give you a call tonight and let you know" He told me that at 4:00pm and he never called me back. I gave him two days then I emailed my dealership customer care person.

I got a call back from a very nice lady. She apologized all over herself and said my number could be up this month..:willy: She said that my salesman would still be in on the deal but I would only have to deal with her. I told her I didn't care who they gave their money to I just wanted a phone call. So she called me to let me know they should be getting one in next week (I forgot to ask what color) and she would call me so I could come see it.

Do you think poor salesmenship has anything to do with no negotiating?

·
Registered
155 Posts
My experience is not nearly as bad as yours, but I've been waiting for a reply from two email messages to my salesperson since Monday. I'd go in person but the dealership is about an hour and a half away. She told me my order was placed but didn't give me any order number, TPW or anything. I'm frustrated because I tend to be on the impatient side. But your experience sounds horrible, I'm glad you can deal with the lady now instead...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The Sales Consultant (so much nicer that Salesman) I used was the same I have bought 3 of my 4 Saturns from. Looking back at it now - he was a bit in the dark about SKY. But, at my Saturn store the GM decided that he would be ground zero for SKYs. So what he did was take over all the sales peeps orders (once I placed my written order (not image)) and ride herd over both the order process and rabid customers. It worked really well. Plus my Sales consultant did not have to spend his time answering questions, printing reports and emailing them to me - he could be on the floor selling Saturns.
From January 19 to June 15, that is how it worked!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sometimessalesmen forget...

I am a salesmen in a different industry....(plasmas, lcds...) and it always helps to call a customer just to let them know you haven't forgotten about them. Flat panel TV's a lot of the time have to be ordered as well because of supply and demand, and the customers you "forget" to call get their money back. The customers you do call even if their product isnt there yet, may be frustrated but are usually willing to stick it out or compromise for another product or price. With that being said....I have been very patient with my salesmen. I ordered a Sky at 2 different locations out here. One Saturn dealership is on point calling me to tell me when they ordered it, how the codes breakdown, and what to expect. The other dealership, my salesmen was fired and so my oreder fell to the side with no one overseeing it. Unless I called this dealership I heard nothing. FINALLY the salesmen calls me and says hey...we ordered your Sky a couple of days ago....I said sweeeet. Thanks for the call.so when do you think? End of August ok? I said sure ok.... I go in to put more money down (bank of Saturn) and someone comes up to me and says hey we are just about ready to order your Sky.... I politely tell him I was told it was ordered a few weeks back and left it at that thinking he was shooting from the hip.... come to find out....it was never ordered......????? what the? ..... so yes 1 dealership is cool to deal with... the other is just a guessing game being played with customers...needless to say I went from the thought of a late August delivery to a November delivery. The one that was actually ordered was on July 28th, And was told a TPW of 10/16/06 and expect sometime in November. The other since they haven't oredered it yet...well.... Who the hell knows!

·
Registered
432 Posts
stacib said:
My experience is not nearly as bad as yours, but I've been waiting for a reply from two email messages to my salesperson since Monday. I'd go in person but the dealership is about an hour and a half away. She told me my order was placed but didn't give me any order number, TPW or anything. I'm frustrated because I tend to be on the impatient side. But your experience sounds horrible, I'm glad you can deal with the lady now instead...
Sounds familiar....

I can't get my salesman to tell me anything (preliminary order number, "image", etc.

I asked to make some changes to options when I was in for service a month ago. He said he'd check with his GM and let me know. That was on a Saturday. I didn't hear anything until the next Friday when I called him. He said my car was being built and changes couldn't be made. Fine. I'd live with my original options if it meant getting the car sooner than expected. Last Monday, I got a call from the GM asking if I wanted to upgrade to the polished or chrome wheels, since the painted wheels aren't available. He said he thought he could also make the changes to my options since the order had to be re-opened to change the wheels. I told him what I wanted, and asked him to let me know when he found out if changes could be made or not. Still haven't heard anything...gave him my cell phone, home phone, home e-mail and work e-mail. I faxed him a note on Tuesday to confirm our conversation, and let him know I'd appreciate a weekly update on my status, and asked him to let me know when my status code changed.

I have no idea if my car has been built or not, no idea what the status code is, and guess I won't even know what options I got until it shows up on the lot and they call me.

Kind of frustrating for such an easy sale. I heard more from my dealer when I bought my Vue and they worked to locate one out-of-state with options I requested, so I got it sooner than I would have if I had ordered one.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
My salesman has been great. Checks for updates every week and keeps me posted. Gets back to me when I ask questions, and is proactive towards advising me when things are happening.

There are good out there. You just gotta find 'em.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ken said:
I am a salesmen in a different industry....(plasmas, lcds...) and it always helps to call a customer just to let them know you haven't forgotten about them. Flat panel TV's a lot of the time have to be ordered as well because of supply and demand, and the customers you "forget" to call get their money back. The customers you do call even if their product isnt there yet, may be frustrated but are usually willing to stick it out or compromise for another product or price. With that being said....I have been very patient with my salesmen. I ordered a Sky at 2 different locations out here. One Saturn dealership is on point calling me to tell me when they ordered it, how the codes breakdown, and what to expect. The other dealership, my salesmen was fired and so my oreder fell to the side with no one overseeing it. Unless I called this dealership I heard nothing. FINALLY the salesmen calls me and says hey...we ordered your Sky a couple of days ago....I said sweeeet. Thanks for the call.so when do you think? End of August ok? I said sure ok.... I go in to put more money down (bank of Saturn) and someone comes up to me and says hey we are just about ready to order your Sky.... I politely tell him I was told it was ordered a few weeks back and left it at that thinking he was shooting from the hip.... come to find out....it was never ordered......????? what the? ..... so yes 1 dealership is cool to deal with... the other is just a guessing game being played with customers...needless to say I went from the thought of a late August delivery to a November delivery. The one that was actually ordered was on July 28th, And was told a TPW of 10/16/06 and expect sometime in November. The other since they haven't oredered it yet...well.... Who the hell knows!

I am also in N. Cali, what dealership are you using?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Salesman

Salesman....which one???? I placed my order in Late May and I'm on my 3rd salesman.......who knows how many it will be once she finally arrives.

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Manual
6-Disk Monsoon
18" Chrome Wheels

Waiting Patiently :banghead: in Alabama

1 - 8 of 8 Posts