Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the recent discussions about protection and care of the finish and interior, and people planning a trip to the beach when their sky arrives, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any specific tricks to deminish salt air damage. I'm mainly concerned about the chrome. We live at the beach and when we first moved here made the mistake of keeping a cover over our motorcycle (it was outside till our house was built). The cover acted as a trap and intensified the damage to the chrome. The pitting in less than 3 months was unbelievable. Other than a good rinse once or twice a week, is there a polish for the chrome that will help protect it ?

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Road salt

For me road salt is a bigger concern - years ago I had chrome rims that got pretty messed up - i've thought about rigging up some kind of water tube system to hose the car off as I pull into my garage.

I would suspect that a breathable cover would solve the problem in a sea salt air environment.

I heard a story years ago of a pickup truck that spent about 10 years in a salt mine - very low humidity down there - not a spec of rust - until is was brought to the surface - a year later the body panels were almost gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts