Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am actually a Sirius fan over XM. Has anyone replaced their radio yet with a deck installed radio/cd player? If so, what brand/make/model? I have gone to Circuit City.com and Best Buy.com but their websites say the radios are not compatible with Sky.

Also, anyone know if you change out radios will the tuning and volume controls on the steering wheel still work with the after market radio?

Thanks,

Duhricker

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
duhricker said:
Hi,

I am actually a Sirius fan over XM. Has anyone replaced their radio yet with a deck installed radio/cd player? If so, what brand/make/model? I have gone to Circuit City.com and Best Buy.com but their websites say the radios are not compatible with Sky.

Also, anyone know if you change out radios will the tuning and volume controls on the steering wheel still work with the after market radio?

Thanks,

Duhricker
I saw something on fox news that Sirius was looking to buy out XM.... so you may end up with Sirius using an XM receiver....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

Mind if I ask when you saw that report? I am actually a Sirius stock owner so it could be doubley sweet !! :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Howard has more money than God and can buy ANYTHING!!!

Both have strong points but if you could add them together... I'd renew BOTH!!!

PLEASE MERGE XM and Sirius!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
duhricker said:
Thanks...

Mind if I ask when you saw that report? I am actually a Sirius stock owner so it could be doubley sweet !! :)
it was just a few days ago... maybe wednesday of last week

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Kiss This Sky said:
Howard has more money than God and can buy ANYTHING!!!

Both have strong points but if you could add them together... I'd renew BOTH!!!

PLEASE MERGE XM and Sirius!
I think its in all of our best interest. Kind of of like how DirecTV and USSB merged years back. I have both services (mainly so I have all sports covered) and I in my opinion the music selection is basically the same on both as is traffic and talk and unless your a Howard Stern fan there really isn't a industry killer on either service. I also really hope they merge.

I'd love to have Jimmy Buffet's station and ACC sports on the same unit, that would be bliss.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I my self would love to see where you had read or seen this!! I am a XM owner and have been for years and know for a fact that XM would not sign Howard do to the O&A (Opie & Anthony) show that is now on Howard's old FM station and XM. Sorry need to raise the :bs: Flag in this one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
duhricker said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Duhricker
Just don't get the XM model of the radio for the Sky and get a Sirius external unit to get a signal.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LiveWire said:
I my self would love to see where you had read or seen this!! I am a XM owner and have been for years and know for a fact that XM would not sign Howard do to the O&A (Opie & Anthony) show that is now on Howard's old FM station and XM. Sorry need to raise the :bs: Flag in this one.
i heard it on Fox news like i said in an earlier post, you can go here and read more...
I said Sirius was thinking about buying XM not that they were definately doing it....
http://www.financialnewsusa.com/release.php?rlsid=5569

now tell me if it is BS....

·
Registered
102 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
i heard it on Fox news like i said in an earlier post, you can go here and read more...
I said Sirius was thinking about buying XM not that they were definately doing it....
http://www.financialnewsusa.com/release.php?rlsid=5569

now tell me if it is BS....
Mel Karmazin would love for this to happen I am sure but it will not and if it did there goes a lot of good programs he would not carry.

As for the BS flag I just wanted to see something as proof to back it up and you came throw so my apologies.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
LiveWire said:
Mel Karmazin would love for this to happen I am sure but it will not and if it did there goes a lot of good programs he would not carry.

As for the BS flag I just wanted to see something as proof to back it up and you came throw so my apologies.
I try to always back up my statements unless they are just my opinion, this time at first I was quoting fox news, but I knew I could find another source that would have reported the same thing....

thanks for the apology. seems like many people on here won't even accept proof, or will not provide proof if asked for...

just a little suggestion, before calling something BS please ask the person for something to back up their statement, and then if they will not provide it you can raise the BS flag.. not really right to raise the flag right off... I know that is what you were wanting but really not a nice way to ask for it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I try to always back up my statements unless they are just my opinion, this time at first I was quoting fox news, but I knew I could find another source that would have reported the same thing....

thanks for the apology. seems like many people on here won't even accept proof, or will not provide proof if asked for...

just a little suggestion, before calling something BS please ask the person for something to back up their statement, and then if they will not provide it you can raise the BS flag.. not really right to raise the flag right off... I know that is what you were wanting but really not a nice way to ask for it.
Ok no problem will do! Good to see I got your blood pumping :lol: !

·
Registered
13 Posts
duhricker said:
as someone else said, the cheap route would be to get one of the sirius "plug and play" (aka FM modulator) units and don't touch anything. otherwise, go see a real stereo shop. the head unit looks to be a double din that *should* be fairly easy to replace with a single or double din, but until somebody does the work there isn't much info on it yet.

in most cases, no they won't.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have been told that the new SIR-GM1 is shipping on 7/19 from Crutchfield, and probably everywhere else. On a new Corvette it will let you unplug your xm module and plug in the sirius one (possibly an antenna change too), or if you don't have xm, just plug into your xm capable GM radio, and get full sirius functionality! The only remainder of xm is that when switching from fm to am to sirius, the sirius bands on your radio will say xm1 and xm2. Other than that, you will get the station and song info from sirius.

Call Crutchfield and ask it applies to our SKY as well, I'm sure they can help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
wondered when that was finally releasing... sucks that you may have to replace the antenna

·
Registered
197 Posts
How to add XM?

Is there a XM tuner unit that will plug directly into the Sky 6CD Stereo without having to have an external tuner stuck on the dash?
My Sky did not come with XM. Saturn and GM dealers in my area say the current GM products don't work on 2007 Sky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts