Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked (again) at my brochure (last one at the Dealers-they said) dreaming of my "Ride-To-Be" :angel: and I found that Saturn mentions an optional Cat Back exhaust marked with an *. (*not at introduction) clearly indicating its existance.

Thus it appears to me that Saturn plans on allowing the CAI and the C/B as Dealer installed options and that these conversly would/will not change the warrenty.

Has anyone more information on this? I have the CAI as a current Dealer Installed option on my order, tomorrow I'll go by and check out the Cat Back although you/we here seem to have much more information than the "normal" channels......:jester:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Interesting info, I hadn't heard of this and will dig out the brochure. If it is coming out as a dealer installed option I'll put it on later though. It was tough enough waiting this long. I don't want to hold up my order waiting for it to become "available".

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I understand what your saying....perhaps having it installed before the "dead of winter" when the SKY will be doing hibernation.......BUT: If its a dealer option and it appears to be so, we have two reasonable (ok for a cool grand) items that we can assume to add about 13 HP at the rear and THAT would translate out to improved (not like it needs it) performance for not too many $$$$. Assuming the "raw" HP number of 177, adding 13 makes this a 190 HP vehicle and THAT over 2900 lbs spells "wooosh":driving: in any persons book.

·
Registered
58 Posts
CUINOZ said:
I looked (again) at my brochure (last one at the Dealers-they said) dreaming of my "Ride-To-Be" :angel: and I found that Saturn mentions an optional Cat Back exhaust marked with an *. (*not at introduction) clearly indicating its existance.

Thus it appears to me that Saturn plans on allowing the CAI and the C/B as Dealer installed options and that these conversly would/will not change the warrenty.

Has anyone more information on this? I have the CAI as a current Dealer Installed option on my order, tomorrow I'll go by and check out the Cat Back although you/we here seem to have much more information than the "normal" channels......:jester:
Remember too just because a part is distributed by dealerships doesn't mean it will be covered under warranty. Here is a link and quote from GM performace Parts warranty disclaimer:

"What is the warranty on Performance Parts?
Due to the nature and intended use of GM Performance Parts, the parts are sold without any expressed or implied warranty. If a GM Performance Part proves to be defective following the purchase, the purchaser must contact the selling authorized GM Performance Parts dealer to resolve the issue. To find your local GM Performance Parts dealer, please use the locator at the top of this page."

Resource link: http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfpartsjsp/faq.jsp#1-5

This means you will have to file a claim with the contractor of the part and not GM who sold you the GMPP product...think about it.

There is a lot of information out there just make sure it is valid information. Dealerships cannot rewrite GM contracts. Just remeber THEY want to be the one selling you exhaust and installtion. The product they sell are no moe warrantable than anything else.

Just ask they to put it in writing that the exhuast will be covered under warranty and see what they do.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHAT A LINK!!!!! Thanks for sharing this. WOW! Thanks for the advice, this is really all new to me so I'm looking for all the help I can get. Again, thanks.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Don't know what the Saturn Cat Back will be like, but the Pontiac version is available. Here a link and a photo...

http://www.pontiac.com/solstice/index.jsp is the Solstice site - click on "View Available Accessories."

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
If a GM Performance Part proves to be defective following the purchase, the purchaser must contact the selling authorized GM Performance Parts dealer to resolve the issue.

snip...

This means you will have to file a claim with the contractor of the part and not GM who sold you the GMPP product...think about it.
Actually, it says to contact the dealer you bought it from...not anything about the contracted manufacturer. :nono:

Otherwise, your advice is sound. :) Personally, I've had good luck with dealers promising to cover mods sold/installed by them even if the parent company wouldn't, but I'm not naive enough to think I'll maintain that luck. :D GMPP or Magnaflow or Big Bob's Budget Exhausts, any mod installed must be proven to be a direct cause of or contributor to a failure in order to invalidate a warranty per Magnuson-Moss. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Who would ever buy the Saturn exhaust when you could get the HOTness that is the quad outlet Magnaflow.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Personally, I prefer something like this (but that's just me!):

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Robotech said:

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...quads....

I plan on changing my stock exhaust to this when my Redline comes in :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Robotech said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah...we know...

...you big jerk...

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :D :lol: :cheers:
Thank you. Thank you very much.

I hadn't been called a jerk for at least 24 hours, so I needed that.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The quads look interesting.

·
Registered
478 Posts
SaturnSkyDude said:
I plan on changing my stock exhaust to this when my Redline comes in :D
Me too, I'm not up for cutting my rear ferring. I would prefer to replace it with a RL ferring, if it fits.

·
Registered
58 Posts
jarcher said:
Me too, I'm not up for cutting my rear ferring. I would prefer to replace it with a RL ferring, if it fits.
It should fit without issue. The SKY redline fascia will make the addition of this exhaust a "cut-free" mod.

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
You can ask the guys at Magnaflow...the cut on mine wasn't too far off but I would much rather have the Redline lower facia too. I will probably get one when they are available. But since I was getting this done I wanted the dual outlet...and I have no problems working and cutting on my cars. If you see it on the road you'd never know it was not factory.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Robotech said:
... I have no problems working and cutting on my cars. If you see it on the road you'd never know it was not factory.
I lack the tools, skills, paitence and courage to cut up my new tyy :eek:

But I admire those who do. For me the easier solution was to put an actual Redline on order, although whether or not I take it remains to be seen. Still waiting on more turbo news. Of course, taking the Redline gets me the lower rear redline fascia :thumbs:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts