Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying the "Build your own" feature on Saturn.com and I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to chat with a Saturn rep. It was the first time I'd seen that on Saturn.com

I know online support chats are fair common, but I was impressed by Saturn's. I use technical support chats frequently in my job and Saturn's is the best one I've seen.

The top of the window shows a picture of the person you're chatting with (at least I think the picture was real). At the end of the chat I was offered a link to the rep's electronic "business card". It's the only one I've seen in a chat, it's nice to know I can get back in touch with the specific person I chatted with.

I think the chat is a random thing, I can't find a link to it on the site.

PS: I asked if production has started, her answer was "about two weeks ago". She said she didn't know when the first deliveries would be. She said the only order restriction is the color Bluestone and that automatic trans is not restricted. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Wifiguy said:
I was trying the "Build your own" feature on Saturn.com and I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to chat with a Saturn rep. It was the first time I'd seen that on Saturn.com

I know online support chats are fair common, but I was impressed by Saturn's. I use technical support chats frequently in my job and Saturn's is the best one I've seen.

The top of the window shows a picture of the person you're chatting with (at least I think the picture was real). At the end of the chat I was offered a link to the rep's electronic "business card". It's the only one I've seen in a chat, it's nice to know I can get back in touch with the specific person I chatted with.

PS: I asked if production has started, her answer was "about two weeks ago". She said she didn't know when the first deliveries would be. She said the only order restriction is the color Bluestone and that automatic trans is not restricted. :thumbs:
one popped up on me too, and the lady i talked to said that they should be arriving at the dealers in about 3 weeks....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for the word, I will definately try this tomorrow. I thought I read where they were planning to unveil them at every dealership on the same day, it was a few weeks back I thought. Maybe it could really happen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Saturn Support conversation

I just got off line with a Saturn support person and asked all the questions we have been bouncing around here for weeks. Finally I actually got a response to Is it in production? She said "Yes." seriously she said yes, I am sooooo excited.:crazy: She however would not commit to dates we would be seeing our "Skys" other than early spring.:banghead: go figure! This info as well as seeing the ability to build your own "Sky" on the Saturn web site has me getting very excited. I don't know about the rest of you but I think our time of waiting may be coming to an end:driving:

1st on the list and anxious:cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Wifiguy said:

Unfortunatley that is the..... TOKEN picture .. i have had the "chat" with 3 different persons and the same pic is there.... the pretty lady..... anyway.... it is kinda neato.... the live chat option was random up until a day or so ago.. now, everytime i go there.. it is an option on the bottom of the page... hmmmmmm...... ANYONE ELSE WITH CHAT STORIES?.... maybe you have some insight.... and.. btw... it is a very cool thing.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Unfortunatley that is the..... TOKEN picture .. i have had the "chat" with 3 different persons and the same pic is there.... the pretty lady..... anyway.... it is kinda neato.... the live chat option was random up until a day or so ago.. now, everytime i go there.. it is an option on the bottom of the page... hmmmmmm...... ANYONE ELSE WITH CHAT STORIES?.... maybe you have some insight.... and.. btw... it is a very cool thing.. SkyBaby-07
I ask them today about my order, they gave me a dumb 800 number which went nowhere. The online chat person would only say"early spring". I gave the lady on 800 phone # my Order ID, Destination & event code and she couldn't tell me squat. I get more input thru my GM's computer. It was a waste of time. However, my car sure looked good on the build a
sky site.:D

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just got off the chat line on the saturn.com site. Is it true that they are in productin and if so why hasn't my dealor called me??

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
have u guys figured out how to go to the chat manually? or do you have to wait till it pops up?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
kimmi said:
Just got off the chat line on the saturn.com site. Is it true that they are in productin and if so why hasn't my dealor called me??
You dealer hasn't called you because:

1) start of production is significant only within GM
2) they still are being sequestered and will be evaluated and a collective decision made BEFORE they will be allowed to ship cars to the retail market. This process may take weeks.
3) Your dealership doesn't have a car, or any information on where the cars are or whether they have been built, because they aren't "built" until they are complete with final inspections.

No cars, no news. Simple as that, kimmi.

·
Registered
149 Posts
KappaMan said:
You dealer hasn't called you because:

1) start of production is significant only within GM
2) they still are being sequestered and will be evaluated and a collective decision made BEFORE they will be allowed to ship cars to the retail market. This process may take weeks.
3) Your dealership doesn't have a car, or any information on where the cars are or whether they have been built, because they aren't "built" until they are complete with final inspections.

No cars, no news. Simple as that, kimmi.
Let's just hope that a lengthy stop in Baltimore is not included in step #3.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I was on a live chat this morning and was told they couldn't tell me when the cars would be at the dealership! NO RELEASE DATE has been set according to the person on the live chat.

We are still in limbo as far as I can see.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Rick...did she say anything about Canada?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I haven't done the chat thing, but another reason why the dealers are not contacting the buyers is because (like my dealer), they all have not decided on the price (i.e. mark up over MSRP).

So is there anyone else that can confirm that the Bluestone will not be immediately produced? Please let me know who you heard it from and when the expected date of delivery are?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Angelqute1 nice to see you again. The Saturn site says that Bluestone will not be produced during the initial run. I have read that one colour will be dropped later on and bluestone will than be introduced.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
They offered very little information! The only thing I got from them was that the Sky would be released in Canada after the US release.

Strange that Pontiac showed pricing for the Solstice (build your own) on the Canadian site first and the US site a couple of weeks after that. Saturn seems to be doing the opposite. The US site has all the build your own info and pricing now and the Canadian site (which has been modified a couple of times) still hasn't received the pricing updates.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Yes -- it is a large but under populated country to the USA's north...

:jester:

(Sorry -- just in a mood!!)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I also spoke to the person on Saturn.com. I voiced my frustartion of the lack/contradicting information about ordering a SKY. She was very professional and seemed to understand my frustration. Has anybody else been told by their dealer that they are still not taking any orders until they receive the first SKY's at the dealership. I am on their list for over a year and still do not know where I stand. The good thing for me is this dealership is very up front and through my previous Saturn purchases, very honest.

Hope to order soon.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I haven't done the chat thing, but another reason why the dealers are not contacting the buyers is because (like my dealer), they all have not decided on the price (i.e. mark up over MSRP).

So is there anyone else that can confirm that the Bluestone will not be immediately produced? Please let me know who you heard it from and when the expected date of delivery are?

Right on the SATURN.COM site...... when you "build your own car"... it states in the colors section... BLUESTONE IS NOT A BEGINNING PRODUCTION color... i was bummed too... but midnight blue is awesome also.. SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
bobfred44 said:
I also spoke to the person on Saturn.com. I voiced my frustartion of the lack/contradicting information about ordering a SKY. She was very professional and seemed to understand my frustration. Has anybody else been told by their dealer that they are still not taking any orders until they receive the first SKY's at the dealership. I am on their list for over a year and still do not know where I stand. The good thing for me is this dealership is very up front and through my previous Saturn purchases, very honest.

Hope to order soon.
I was told that after the 1st image is accepted into the system.. which has to be within 8 days .. then they get more images.... just what i was told by my GM.... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 29 Posts