Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, i just wanted to let you all know that i called Saturn Customer Service.
I talked to a nice rep and discussed that my redline is built and we are awaiting delivery. I was placed on hold for about 10 minutes so they could find out the information i seeked. Saturn Corp says there is NO PRICE PROTECTION FOR THE REDLINE. They apologized and said they were sorry but they can not garuntee the old price of 27,895. They said the only option is for you to talk to the dealership you are purchasing from and negotiate the price with them. It is solely up to your dealership to decide if they will honor the old price but they are not required too.

Extra long QC hah! Seems like the cars didn't ship until the 1000 dollar increase came out. Go figure! :brentil: :mad: :banghead:

I'll let yas all know what happenes when i talk to my dealer about it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There are a number of people who've been hit with TWO price increases AFTER leaving a $1,000 deposit on the base Sky.

That raises some issues I'd say,

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a number of people who've been hit with TWO price increases AFTER leaving a $1,000 deposit on the base Sky.

That raises some issues I'd say,
I hear ya, it's bogus. Ya know, i worked my butt off to save for this car and i decided on it because of the price. 1000 is'nt a ton of money but its alot to me. What are you gonna do tho? It's a hot car, and people are making money selling them on ebay, this was bound to happen.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Don't listen to customer service once again. There is price protection on all GM cars if I'm not mistaken. We have it on the GXP you'll have it on the Red Line.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think that's total BS. If you ordered your car prior to your price increase, it should be honored. When i ordered my RL, the guy made sure to write on the purchase order "price depends on manufacturer" or something like that. Basically, i'll have to pay the $1000 increase or cancel my order and lose the $500 deposit.

I think this is totally dishonest and people should get together and protest. I know GM needs money badly, but they should act in a more ethical way. No way i ever buy another GM car after this.

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't listen to customer service once again. There is price protection on all GM cars if I'm not mistaken. We have it on the GXP you'll have it on the Red Line.
If saturn corp says no. Then whats going to make your dealer want to honor the old price? I'll try calling gm next and see what they say about the price protection.

·
Registered
141 Posts
NYR,

If your order is in the system and accepted by GM, you are price protected.

If its NOT you should be able to get your Deposit back. Thats been the policy with every dealer I've heard about.

Its one or the other. There is no way you're not Price Protected AND unable to get Deposit back IMO.

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called GM customer service and was given the same answer. I asked them about GM price protection and they said you'd have to take it up with Saturn.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I think that's total BS. If you ordered your car prior to your price increase, it should be honored. When i ordered my RL, the guy made sure to write on the purchase order "price depends on manufacturer" or something like that. Basically, i'll have to pay the $1000 increase or cancel my order and lose the $500 deposit.

I think this is totally dishonest and people should get together and protest. I know GM needs money badly, but they should act in a more ethical way. No way i ever buy another GM car after this.
It will be ! But go to my other thread and do what it says to do. You might need back up info or copies at time of delivery.

Just relax if your preliminary order is in you won't pay more.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
If saturn corp says no. Then whats going to make your dealer want to honor the old price? I'll try calling gm next and see what they say about the price protection.
I know Pitcom you will find you and others are worring for nothing.

Haven't you found out by now most customer service people don't know what they are talking about most of the time ?? Just relax and go see your general Manager at your Dealership tomorrow.

GM decides they own Saturn. Your getting all worked up for nothing !

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Everything I have heard in the past is that the Dealership sets the price. Saturn & GM can not help you, all they do is suggest MSRP. Don't waste your time talking to Saturn Corp they can not do anything about the pricing.
If you have in writing MSRP when you ordered that the price you pay. That was the Price at the time.

I wish all you guy's will calm down.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Price Protection!!!

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I had posted about this before... HERE is the post!!!

Here is the updated version...

If your NAME is on a PRELIMINARY ORDER (If you have an ORDER Number, 6 alphanumeric digits assigned to your name you have a preliminary order) and this ORDER was put in BEFORE the price went up on 8/28/06 then you are PRICE PROTECTED.

We have done already two (2) price protected SKYs and it is actually a very simple procedure. The retailer HAS to make sure the vehicle is "REPORTED" to GM the SAME EXACT WAY it IS on the PRELIMINARY ORDER and there is a "CODE" they have to enter with it so that GM knows is a "price Protected" order, otherwise the retailer will LOOSE the difference between your price and the actual invoiced price. The retailer will "charge" you the original price and then they will get back the difference directly from GM to their "Open Account" with GM.

Some retailers are scared that someone will make a mistake in reporting the vehicle to GM and they will loose that money and if that IS the case, the retailer has virtually NO RECOURSE to recover the PRICE PROTECTION given to the customer.

I hope that clears up some things for you all!!!

Just posted by deluke: (Courtesy of Small Dealer at the Sol Forum)
2007 Saturn Interim Price Change Effective 8/28/2006
Message #: SAF20060028

Saturn will announce revised 2007 model year Suggested Retail prices effective with vehicles produced on or after August 28, 2006. The revised Suggested Retail prices will affect the Ion, Sky, Vue and Relay. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GM Dealerworld under Sales &/Or F&I Tabs effective August 28, 2006. Reference administrative message #VSF20040006 (dated February 26, 2004) for more information regarding this web site.

All qualified bona fide sold retail orders entered in VOMS on or before August 27, 2006 and delivered to the original customer after that date will be price protected. These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production. A letter explaining the price protection process along with Bona Fide Summaries will be sent the week of June 26.
Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I had posted about this before... HERE is the post!!!

Here is the updated version...

If your NAME is on a PRELIMINARY ORDER (If you have an ORDER Number, 6 alphanumeric digits assigned to your name you have a preliminary order) and this ORDER was put in BEFORE the price went up on 8/28/06 then you are PRICE PROTECTED.

We have done already two (2) price protected SKYs and it is actually a very simple procedure. The retailer HAS to make sure the vehicle is "REPORTED" to GM the SAME EXACT WAY it IS on the PRELIMINARY ORDER and there is a "CODE" they have to enter with it so that GM knows is a "price Protected" order, otherwise the retailer will LOOSE the difference between your price and the actual invoiced price. The retailer will "charge" you the original price and then they will get back the difference directly from GM to their "Open Account" with GM.

Some retailers are scared that someone will make a mistake in reporting the vehicle to GM and they will loose that money and if that IS the case, the retailer has virtually NO RECOURSE to recover the PRICE PROTECTION given to the customer.

I hope that clears up some things for you all!!!

Just posted by deluke: (Courtesy of Small Dealer at the Sol Forum)

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
Just spoke with my Dealer and he confirmed the Price Protection. He said that after the last increase they accidentally charged a customer the new price and GM refunded the Money to the customer.

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just spoke with my Dealer and he confirmed the Price Protection. He said that after the last increase they accidentally charged a customer the new price and GM refunded the Money to the customer.
That's great news.

·
Registered
295 Posts
was there another price increase..i thought it was 505.00 not 1000.00

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
But .... and there always is a but .... many dealers (including mine) refuse to submit deposited orders placed back (in my case) on April 11th! He is waiting to get a call from the Regional Mgr telling him what model and how many of which he can take. :banghead:

Because of that controlled method between my dealer, his Regional Mgr, GM and the plant .... many of us have no order number and NO PRICE INCREASE PROTECTION!! :mad:

This is totally unfair for us who are dealing locally and were unaware of this dealer/Regional Mgr system. It puts us customers at a huge disadvantage with other customers.
Yet they all just claim they can do nothing to assist and say to take it up with your dealer. The dealer just passes this price increase on to us and we will be expected to cough up the money because of their system. :nono:

What a circle ...:willy: This is so improper ... but what a great country! :patriot:

If us customers have a deposited order dated prior to the increase, we too should be price increase protected! :lol: :agree:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I couldnt agree more with GET. It is a cheap bait and switch pricing game. When I talked to my dealer today to dispell or answer some questions he stated how this car was suppose to bring in new customers and build long term customers that had avoided the brand. WTH happend to that belief??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts