Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ALL!

So when are we going to complete a list of those dealerships screwing its customers over with 5+ Grand over MSRP!:brentil:

THE NH DEALERSHIPS OF NAHUA AND MANCHESTER ARE BOTH DOING THIS!

WE need a thread to get all these dealerships out in the open!

These dealerships are not putting PEOPLE AND CUSTOMERS FIRST!
They are putting THEMSELVES FIRST!:nono:

enoughs enough!:mad:

What other dealerships are doing this?

REDSKY

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was at Saturn of Springfield, MA on Wednesday 3-29-06. It was around 6:30am and the dealer was closed. They had a SKY in the show room. It was tough looking through the window, but it looked like there was a $4,000.00 markup above MSRP on the sticker.

·
Registered
120 Posts
redkeygunsky

Saturn of Brandon, Florida is charging $4000 over msrp. They are adding tint windows, pin stripes and paint sealer for the extra $4000. I would guess that is about $3800 extra profit. This dealership has been the worst experience that I have dealt with since I started trying to find out about the Sky.(over 6 months)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I think in the latest "Automobile" mag, there is an article written by someone who was a car salesman... very interesting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
saturn sky at msrp in st. pete florida

i feel bad for all of you that are having bad experiences at a saturn dealership. i am a service advisor for saturn of st. pete. we have a red sky, 18 inch chrome rims, tan and black leather, 6 disc monsoon, sitting on our lot. it does not meet the criteria of any one on our list. we are one of the few dealerships who are not marking up the price with add ons to jack the price of the car. the car is sitting here waiting for someone to pay msrp, $27,770. no gimmicks here. these dealerships should be outed. email me with any questions.

·
Registered
234 Posts
No Dealers near me have Sky's, but the one Solstice in my town has $3500 mark up, nothing added to it just a mark up...

I sure hope my dealer isn't planning to do a markup on my car, I am meeting with him Saturday to do a deposit, if there is any mark up, I will tell him it is unacceptable and take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Glad we moved

Our first Saturn (SC1) was purchased from Saturn of Nasua. Our second Saturn (SC2) was purchased from Saturn of Manchester. These two dealers are owned by the same people. We always had a great respect for their sales and service..... Not anymore ! Sure glad we moved to NC and have an even better dealer here. Ordered what we wanted and at MSRP :thumbs:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was told by the sales manager at saturn of greenville, n.c., that if i wanted a SKY from them that I should be prepared to pay up to 10k over MSRP. I told him that I wasn't interested. I called Saturn of Cary and was given a price at MSRP. This is less than 2 hours away. The scary thing is that they (Greenville) have >20 people waiting to pay over MSRP.

·
Registered
95 Posts
KappaMan said:
I think in the latest "Automobile" mag, there is an article written by someone who was a car salesman... very interesting.
Car and Driver, May 2006 issue, page 94, "Showroom Turncoat Comes Clean". :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
I was told by the sales manager at saturn of greenville, n.c., that if i wanted a SKY from them that I should be prepared to pay up to 10k over MSRP. I told him that I wasn't interested. I called Saturn of Cary and was given a price at MSRP. This is less than 2 hours away. The scary thing is that they (Greenville) have >20 people waiting to pay over MSRP.
There are people who will bite, and pay the markup. It is the law of economics...supply and demand. :willy:

·
Registered
113 Posts
from what's been said everytime somebody tried to start this list here it is against skyroadsters policy to allow such a list , however on saturnfans.com they already have the list assembled and you can add any dealer you know of that is not on the list

·
Registered
804 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:

Remember that you can order your Sky at any dealer, and have it shipped to a different dealer closer to you. Would be kind of funny to have several cars dropped off at a dealer who is charging above MSRP now wouldn't it!:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Astronomer said:
from what's been said everytime somebody tried to start this list here it is against skyroadsters policy to allow such a list , however on saturnfans.com they already have the list assembled and you can add any dealer you know of that is not on the list
The list at SaturnFans is retailers selling at MSRP... basically a good guy list. While not all selling at MSRP will be on there... they are not necessarily black listing the bad guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not very fair but good for SKY's value

I dont think that price gauging is very fair either. My dealership here in Charleston, SC is actually doing something tricky also. They are ordering all the cars themselves all fully loaded which of course is how they make their money. They are not allowing anyone to order their own and claiming that the reason is that they want to be sure that people dont order the SKY without seeing it in person and then end up not liking it.:nono: :nono:
I had to order mine from a different dealership who was actually decent.
You have to admit though even if its frustrating, if cars sells over MSRP the rest of us paying less will have a better value long term.

silver pearl
red/black premium
ordered 3/23/06
imaged 4/5/06
cant wait to drive this baby:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
A fool and his money are soon parted!:willy: :jester: :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paying Over MSRP LOOK at SSR

Hey Just go to the SSR forum to find out what happenes when you pay over MSRP People who paid 3-10g's over the msrp of 46-50 are selling SSR with lows miles for high 20's low 30's IF they can get it ...Hugh loss

·
Registered
1 Posts
glkeegan said:
Saturn of Brandon, Florida is charging $4000 over msrp. They are adding tint windows, pin stripes and paint sealer for the extra $4000. I would guess that is about $3800 extra profit. This dealership has been the worst experience that I have dealt with since I started trying to find out about the Sky.(over 6 months)
This is not really true. Depite what he says, the $4000 accessory package actually has value. I am a sales manager at Saturn of Brandon, and we have added several Saturn appoved accessories to the car: windscreen, complete car cover, Tonneau cover for the passenger cabin, and the GM Performance cold air intake. The lucky person who gets to purchase this vehicle will have one with every available Saturn accessory for it except for the performance suspension.

We wanted to make the first one we received special - that is why we loaded it with options and accessories. We won't be doing that to every one of our vehicles.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Every SKY is Special

speakerboy said:
This is not really true. Depite what he says, the $4000 accessory package actually has value. I am a sales manager at Saturn of Brandon, and we have added several Saturn appoved accessories to the car: windscreen, complete car cover, Tonneau cover for the passenger cabin, and the GM Performance cold air intake. The lucky person who gets to purchase this vehicle will have one with every available Saturn accessory for it except for the performance suspension.

We wanted to make the first one we received special - that is why we loaded it with options and accessories. We won't be doing that to every one of our vehicles.
For your information, I took delivery of my SKY on March 25 and paid sticker price. I feel my SKY is special and if the dealer added what you have added, I would not be driving a SKY. Dealer's don't tell me what to buy. Seems like you people have forgotten what Saturn is all about.:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Sky For You- One Year!!!!

bobfred44 said:
For your information, I took delivery of my SKY on March 25 and paid sticker price. I feel my SKY is special and if the dealer added what you have added, I would not be driving a SKY. Dealer's don't tell me what to buy. Seems like you people have forgotten what Saturn is all about.:cheers:
I work at a Saturn Dealership and the options that speakerboy said they added are Saturn approved parts and accessories. A lot of dealerships have been ordering SKYS fully loaded from the factory as well as decking them out with accessories. Some of you people are a little too cheap and don't want to spend the money it takes to have a truley loaded SKY. Which isn't a problem but stop whining about it on your little chat boards. You all will be able to order it how you want it in approxamately one year.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Which isn't a problem but stop whining about it on your little chat boards. You all will be able to order it how you want it in approxamately one year.
No... we will and have been able to order it how we want from dealerships that care about customers and future sales... not ones that care about a buck now and not repeat customers.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts