Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

A Guy from our Cadillac Forum works at the Saturn plant ...
Last week, his Caddy had severe hail damage while he was at work at the Saturn plant. :mad:

This is a quote from his message : I heard Saturn had 1200 cars damaged. The hood, roof and trunk are traditional steel panels. Plus maybe another 1000 employee cars were damaged. :confused:

I surely hope that the Sky's you Guys ordered where parked inside ...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Could he have possibly meant the Spring Hill, TN Saturn plant? I know they had some nasty weather go through that area last week.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
That would make sense that it was the Spring Hill plant... since:

a: it is still considered a Saturn plant, while DE is a GM plant.
b: the SKY's don't have a metal roof.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
nscrbug said:
Could he have possibly meant the Spring Hill, TN Saturn plant? I know they had some nasty weather go through that area last week.
Wondering that myself. Guess we'll see or hear soon enough.

March Sky production was published by GM as 845 cars, so that's a fiar amount of backlog to ship if there's 1200 damaged cars.
The DE plant's probably typically described as a GM plant rather than the TN Saturn plant.

Google news turned up something describing hail damage at the TN Saturn location posted on 4/8.

<snip>
Large hail fell in Spring Hill, where Saturn employee <name removed> said many workers left to find
their cars damaged.

"My car is dented up pretty good, plus the windshield has a big crack," Burch said. "Everybody's
car was damaged. . Hail was about an inch or two around and covered everything like a blanket of
snow."
</snip>

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
EldoGuy said:
I surely hope that the Sky's you Guys ordered where parked inside ...
It didn't hail here at the plant in Delaware - the SKY's are safe for now... :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tn Storms

My Sky survived the Tennessee Tornadoes last week. My wife kids me that I called her and told her to get home and get the Sky in the garage. She says I was more concerned with the car than with her.

Anyway, this was the same system that dumped hail on the plant about 30 miles south in Spring Hill. Up here between Gallatin and Hendersonville (17 miles north of Nashville) we had the most tornado damage and deaths in the state. It went right over my house detroying neighborhoods on either side of mine. I'm sure you have seen the footage on tv. Trust me, it is way worse in person.

I work for The Oak Ridge Boys and one of the group's members, William Lee Golden, had his home (just down the street from me) nearly destroyed. I say nearly because the walls still stand, but it pretty much imploded due to the pressure of a direct hit from and F3. It survived where most homes in the area simply fell because it was built over 200 years ago. The walls are 12 and 18 inches thick, solid brick. He can rebuild it according to engineers. Great news for a historic home now twice hit by tornadoes. But I digress...

The Sky is safe and still flawless even after a recent trip to East Tennessee to run the Dogwood Trails around Knoxville. Having a blast with my Sky!

jonm

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
jonm said:
My Sky survived the Tennessee Tornadoes last week. My wife kids me that I called her and told her to get home and get the Sky in the garage. She says I was more concerned with the car than with her.

Anyway, this was the same system that dumped hail on the plant about 30 miles south in Spring Hill. Up here between Gallatin and Hendersonville (17 miles north of Nashville) we had the most tornado damage and deaths in the state. It went right over my house detroying neighborhoods on either side of mine. I'm sure you have seen the footage on tv. Trust me, it is way worse in person.

I work for The Oak Ridge Boys and one of the group's members, William Lee Golden, had his home (just down the street from me) nearly destroyed. I say nearly because the walls still stand, but it pretty much imploded due to the pressure of a direct hit from and F3. It survived where most homes in the area simply fell because it was built over 200 years ago. The walls are 12 and 18 inches thick, solid brick. He can rebuild it according to engineers. Great news for a historic home now twice hit by tornadoes. But I digress...

The Sky is safe and still flawless even after a recent trip to East Tennessee to run the Dogwood Trails around Knoxville. Having a blast with my Sky!

jonm
Hey Jon, This is Tim In Johnson City, I tried to e-mail you a couple times but you never replied... I see you have your Sky now, That is great, We are enjoying ours too... Drop me a line sometime...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts