Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my $500 deposit down for the Sky back in October. I'm in 15th position with this Atlanta dealership.

I spoke with my Saturn rep yesterday and he tells me they're gonna charge "a little" over MSRP. :mad: I REFUSE TO BE WRONGED THIS WAY. :nono:

So does anyone have a dealership to refer me to that will sell the car at MSRP? :thumbs: I actually live in Cincinnati, Ohio. But I don't think that matters when it comes to ordering. I can order from any dealership and they can just deliver to Cincinnati. (at least that's what the sales guy says at Saturn of Marietta)
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
15th in line sounds like you don't have much to loose by walking away. I hope you let the dealer know you are leaving because you are being screwed.:thumbs:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
You may notice Solstii sitting at the Pontiac dealers. The guys that are marking them up seem to be having problems getting rid of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My two cents on the Solstice, I looked at it. Sat in it. Examined it top to bottom. No way would I spend any money on the Solstice. The interior just looks like a plastic, disposable looking car. The interior dash is that ugly.

It looks like a car that is going to look "very lived in" within a only a year.

When I buy a roadster it is to exhibit style and open topped freedom. Not something that looks like an oversized Matchbox toy car. :rolleyes:

The styling and attention to detail that went into the Sky made all the difference here. :thumbs:

------------------
That said, I still refused to be bent over a desk by any sleezey sales tactics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Sky salesman in central VA says Saturn dealers in FL are offering other Saturn dealers $500 above dealer cost for their Sky allocations, and auctioning or surcharging their Skys in FL.

I didn't like the random method the dealers here were planning to sell their Sky arrivals so I called around and visited dealers within 100 miles or so and put a deposit with one of the other out of town dealers. It's what I had to do. I'm sure you can find a dealer in south and central OH that won't surcharge the Sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
gtcable said:
My two cents on the Solstice, I looked at it. Sat in it. Examined it top to bottom. No way would I spend any money on the Solstice. The interior just looks like a plastic, disposable looking car. The interior dash is that ugly.

It looks like a car that is going to look "very lived in" within a only a year.

When I buy a roadster it is to exhibit style and open topped freedom. Not something that looks like an oversized Matchbox toy car. :rolleyes:

The styling and attention to detail that went into the Sky made all the difference here. :thumbs:

------------------
That said, I still refused to be bent over a desk by any sleezey sales tactics.
Tom-ah-to Tom-ay-to
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
The Solstice has one other thing going for it besides it's inovative look. The Solstice is cheaper than the Sky. Although both are going for the same market (poor mans roadster), the Solstice can be bought base and modified. The Sky is kinda upscale. It's there for the most part. Unless you want more HP the car is more refined. I doubt you will see a lot of Sky's on the race circuit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
The Solstice has one other thing going for it besides it's inovative look. The Solstice is cheaper than the Sky. Although both are going for the same market (poor mans roadster), the Solstice can be bought base and modified. The Sky is kinda upscale. It's there for the most part. Unless you want more HP the car is more refined. I doubt you will see a lot of Sky's on the race circuit.
Although I'm not one to race my cars I can see the Sky being raced. Even though a few things more come as standard equipment. But the base Sky in the USA is still much less upscale on the options available than here in Canada.JMHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marietta's Sleezeperson Reply

Here's the response I got from my salesperson in Marietta GA.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for you e-mail. Please don't be too hasty even before you have seen the SKY live.

This car will be worth the wait and the price.
But, I have a question for you. Does Time Warner charge more for
ESPN Channel advertising than it does for the Food Channel advertising?
I am not trying to be facetious, but in the free world it's supply and demand,
wouldn't you agree? We are reasonable people and I
will go through the SKY, the paperwork and the price
line by line so that you will be satisfied that you are getting value for money.
Stick with us!"
------------------------------------------------------
:nono: Nope! :nono:
I wash my hands of those greedy gougers. Enough with gouging I say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
gtcable said:
Here's the response I got from my salesperson in Marietta GA.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for you e-mail. Please don't be too hasty even before you have seen the SKY live.

This car will be worth the wait and the price.
But, I have a question for you. Does Time Warner charge more for
ESPN Channel advertising than it does for the Food Channel advertising?
I am not trying to be facetious, but in the free world it's supply and demand,
wouldn't you agree? We are reasonable people and I
will go through the SKY, the paperwork and the price
line by line so that you will be satisfied that you are getting value for money.
Stick with us!"
------------------------------------------------------
:nono: Nope! :nono:
I wash my hands of those greedy gougers. Enough with gouging I say.
I would write back -- Yes they charge more for ESPN than they do for the food channel -- they charge MSRP! The price agreed upon on the card (or pricing guide)
One provider does not tack on extra. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
gtcable said:
Here's the response I got from my salesperson in Marietta GA.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for you e-mail. Please don't be too hasty even before you have seen the SKY live.

This car will be worth the wait and the price.
But, I have a question for you. Does Time Warner charge more for
ESPN Channel advertising than it does for the Food Channel advertising?
I am not trying to be facetious, but in the free world it's supply and demand,
wouldn't you agree? We are reasonable people and I
will go through the SKY, the paperwork and the price
line by line so that you will be satisfied that you are getting value for money.
Stick with us!"
------------------------------------------------------
:nono: Nope! :nono:
I wash my hands of those greedy gougers. Enough with gouging I say.

As Napolian Dynamite would say "Idiot!"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
830 Posts
Just MSRP

My dealer in Northen Florida is just MSRP and has 12 on the list. He has been the most help full of any dealer I have ever used. This new SKY will be the 41st new car I have owned in the 40 yrs I have been buying cars...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:cool: That's good to hear.
Those that treat their customers with respect instead of snakeoil know that it is remembered, and repeat sales happen. :thumbs:

I have a mechanic that I go to loyaly. I pay a little more for his work. But I KNOW that I'm not being turned up-side-down and shaken to empty my pockets. It is worth more to not feel like you've been robbed.

I tried to create a list of dealerships that sell at MSRP. Unfortunately that would violate the policies of this forum. Perhaps it is good enough to know that there ARE dealerships willing to sell at MSRP. And there is nothing wrong with people saying my dealership sells at MSRP but not mention the info.

One can always email the poster directly and communicate any additional info outside the forum.

:cheers: ISN'T THE INTERNET GREAT!!!! :cheers:
ps. - Thank you Bob!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Turk said:
As Napolian Dynamite would say "Idiot!"

WELL SAID..:thumbs: ... gotta love Napolean.. HE'S THE "MAN"... SkyBaby-07

we cant go a week without our kids watching that show and then... they are all miniature Napoleans.... very odd at our house at times... but we have fun.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Gouging

When I go to pick up my Sky there had best not be one penny added to the MSRP for what I see as GREED:nono: . I'd walk away and never consider buying a Saturn product again from any dealership. It goes against everything Saturn has stood for and if the Corporate Headquarters allows this to happen they will be the ones who loose in the long run. The image of the company would, in my opinion, be damaged beyond repair. The only problem I see is that those who want the Sky will cave into their demands because they want it so bad. Some people have more money than brains. I have the money but I also refuse to take part in something like that. Any dealership charging more should be reported to the Saturn Corporation and every one of their allocated Sky's should be taken from them, including their floor model, and sold at a honest dealership. We don't need those dealerships! They need us, the customer, and we should be treated with honesty and respect. Sure I'll go into a deep depression :brentil: over not getting my Sky :rolleyes: because of their greed but I'll also maintain my integrity. Loyalty is a two way street and I'm not a "One Way" person.
Jayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
gtcable said:
Here's the response I got from my salesperson in Marietta GA.
-----------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for you e-mail. Please don't be too hasty even before you have seen the SKY live.

This car will be worth the wait and the price.
But, I have a question for you. Does Time Warner charge more for
ESPN Channel advertising than it does for the Food Channel advertising?
I am not trying to be facetious, but in the free world it's supply and demand,
wouldn't you agree? We are reasonable people and I
will go through the SKY, the paperwork and the price
line by line so that you will be satisfied that you are getting value for money.
Stick with us!"
------------------------------------------------------
:nono: Nope! :nono:
I wash my hands of those greedy gougers. Enough with gouging I say.

What an ASS! Tell him to shove it! My dealer SATURN OF LAKESIDE in Michigan has been honest and up front from the beginning! Tell this ass, yes they do charge more for advertising, BUT you are not advertising, you are the consumer!! Push that load of garbage somewhere else! Please email my response to him and let him know that we support YOU!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
If you are 15, then stick with it. By the time you get yours, the new will have worn off and they will be charging the normal price again. If not, you should be able to get your money back at any time and maybe even interest since you have a signed contract and by raising the price they violated it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
gtcable,

I also have my deposit at that dealership, my salesman Chris Smith has reassured me several times already that they are not upcharging on the MSRP and when they had the Sky there last week I spoke with him again on this subject and he told me the same thing no increase in the MSRP and the only thing they were offering at your choice was window etching for an extra 299 and lojack for 599 if you want it..take it or leave it....call the dealership and talk with Chris...very nice and knowledgable on the Sky's.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top