Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wondered why people stopped me and asked, "Who manufactures the SKY?" People don't recognize the Logo...last night another person stopped me in the parking lot and of course admired the car. This morning I walked around the car...there is no SATURN badging anywhere on this vehicle.

Anyone else have the same experience?

·
Registered
154 Posts
No Saturn Name

Absolutely! Every time I have the car out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had some guy ask me yesterday if it was a Mercedes. I said no, it is a Saturn. He could not believe it, and said with lines like that it had to be a European car; Porsche, Maseratti were mentioned. I told him again it was Saturn, made in USA, and quite affordable (if you can find one). He could not believe it, and followed me from the store to take another look. Quite amusing, although the trip to the grocery store took and extra 15 minutes. My wife is starting to call this phenomenon the SDF - Sky Delay Factor. Add 15 minutes to any trip to account for questions and admiration. I am not complaining, I think it is fun.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
In a talk with my Dealer (Sales and GM) they mentioned that Saturn is removing its name from most models over teh next few years. The push will be for badge recognition. Like when you see the Bowtie -- you know Chevy. A blue oval? Ford etc.
SKY is kind of a test car - to grab attention and in a way force the person to ask -- or investigate more. They feel finding out that way will "set" the name more in their mind.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
marlboromike said:
I always wondered why people stopped me and asked, "Who manufactures the SKY?" People don't recognize the Logo...last night another person stopped me in the parking lot and of course admired the car. This morning I walked around the car...there is no SATURN badging anywhere on this vehicle.

Anyone else have the same experience?
yep all the time.... the only place mine says Saturn on it is the door sill plates... Now i have a Saturn License frame i got off e-bay... when i get my personalized tag next week i will put it on and take a picture and post it...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Everywhere I go people ask --- who makes that car --- funny to see the look they get on their face when I reply "Saturn"

·
Registered
18,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the best thing after u tell them it is a saturn...is that they cannot buy the car...all images r sold for the year...except the RL...and that is going to be harder to get than anything on the road...i estimate between 2-3 thousand. They haven't the capacity to build more because of the RXL...the Opal..the Daewoo...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts