1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Very Cool.........

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Hmmm... might be a good way for someone to get a nice low spot on a list. The dealership isn't going to be owned by DCH, so I'd think they'll have their own allocations. Once it finally opens, my service visits are going to be way more convenient!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stopped by to talk to the group that owns the future saturn location. The location will probably not be in operaton till Jan 07 the earliest. right now there location is just a parking lot for some used cars. A completely new staff will get hired to operate. And the time to remodel the location

·
Registered
80 Posts
Whatever happened to the Saturn dealership on Northern Blvd In Queens? There are literally none in Queens. I had to go to the dealer in Massapequioa. Why no love for Queens Saturn? :,(

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,563 Posts
Whatever happened to the Saturn dealership on Northern Blvd In Queens? There are literally none in Queens. I had to go to the dealer in Massapequioa. Why no love for Queens Saturn? :,(
Not knowing where you are in Queens... the Chevrolet/Saturn of Harlem is only 10 miles away. Per MapQuest, is about 20 minutes. Massapequa is about 26 miles/36 minutes. That may work better for you. :thumbs:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not knowing where you are in Queens... the Chevrolet/Saturn of Harlem is only 10 miles away. Per MapQuest, is about 20 minutes. Massapequa is about 26 miles/36 minutes. That may work better for you. :thumbs:
thanks but actually I do know about Saturn Of Harlem. I don't go there because most Manhattan streets are full of pot holes and since the car is so low I try to avoid driving my Sky there. The old Saturn dealer in Queens on Northern Blvd would have been perfect since I work on Northern so I would have been able to drop off the car and go to work while it was being serviced. Oh well. I go to Massapequioa since my friend recommended that dealership. :thumbs:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as soon as I learn anything I will post the info I pass through weekly so I'm always looking at the building for any activity

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hmmm... might be a good way for someone to get a nice low spot on a list. The dealership isn't going to be owned by DCH, so I'd think they'll have their own allocations. Once it finally opens, my service visits are going to be way more convenient!
the dealership in Massapequa is owned by DCH so I would not take for granted that the Suffolk location is owned by someone else. I'll never forget how Massapequa offered me a car with 1,000 miles for sticker price. Gee, thanks so much for thinking of me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You might want to try Saturn of Hempstead. I don't know anthing about their service department but the location might suit you better.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
the dealership in Massapequa is owned by DCH so I would not take for granted that the Suffolk location is owned by someone else.
I was told by a former DCH employee in June (during the conversation when I found out that Medford was closing before the people who worked there did) and by a current DCH employee 2 weeks ago that the new dealership is not a DCH store. I consider my two sources quite reliable, but I guess we'll all know the deal whenever they finally open.

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I lived on Long Island I went to Saturn of Hempstead for service. They had a great service department.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
had a 99 sl2 serviced at both hempstead and dch st james.always got a fair deal at hempstead, dch is so big they don't worry if they lose a customer here or there. Either way it doesn't matter Dch is not the group opening the new location.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
saturn sign up today 3/10 they are taking their time but it's gonna happen. Its the original smithhaven dodge site and then briefly kia.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its time

spoke to management today opening day is 4/2. used car inventory is started new car's any day now. Last minute details are all that remain. Two black soltice's are among the used.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Stopped in after work today. People seemed nice, though it was really quiet between their being new and the holidays this week.

I met a salesman who told me they have one more RL allocation for 2007 MY that isn't spoken for yet (just what i needed to hear! :eek:) and introduced me to the two service writers and a mechanic. I asked them the same questions about modding my exhaust that I asked in Hicksville and got much more favorable answers this time, so I'm considering a Magnaflow once again.

The two mysterious 2006 Sols are still out front, as is a Red RL which isn't theirs- GM dropped it off so people could at least see (but not drive) one. The salesman told me that the RL sitting outside is responsible for about 25% of the traffic in there so far, so I guess Saturn's halo vehicle is working!

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Stopped in after work today. People seemed nice, though it was really quiet between their being new and the holidays this week.

I met a salesman who told me they have one more RL allocation for 2007 MY that isn't spoken for yet (just what i needed to hear! :eek:) and introduced me to the two service writers and a mechanic. I asked them the same questions about modding my exhaust that I asked in Hicksville and got much more favorable answers this time, so I'm considering a Magnaflow once again.

The two mysterious 2006 Sols are still out front, as is a Red RL which isn't theirs- GM dropped it off so people could at least see (but not drive) one. The salesman told me that the RL sitting outside is responsible for about 25% of the traffic in there so far, so I guess Saturn's halo vehicle is working!
Reed are you going for the Redline?? Do it before you swap exhaust.
You only live once Reed, it's only Mooonnnnnnneyyyy! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Reed are you going for the Redline?? Do it before you swap exhaust.
You only live once Reed, it's only Mooonnnnnnneyyyy! :D
Just considering it. If I can figure out a way to break even on my trade in and get the same interest rate, I just may go for it. I stopped by the dealer where I bought my base today, and they told me their wait is about a year.

The decision was almost made for me right after I left- an elderly woman in a dark green Sebring decided she didn't need to stop for a light. I'd been waiting for the light (top down, of course) and started to pull into the intersection when it changed. She was just driving along, and I realized she didn't plan to stop, so I slammed on the brakes and left her room to go around. I couldn't back up because someone was behind me, so I watched as she hit the brakes and made no effort to steer around me. My hands were straight up in the air, I was looking her dead in the cataract glasses and screaming "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" at the top of my lungs. As I braced for the impact, I looked up to make sure I hadn't run the light and it was just turning yellow, so I knew I wasn't at fault. She managed to screech to a halt about 2 feet away from my left front fender, looking right at me (I think) screaming at her the entire time. Whew!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts