Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my engine light come on yesterday and I already had an issue with my top being out of alignment causing a gap between the glass and the seal and making it hard to put the top up.

I took it into the dealer today and asked about a loaner since they said they had to keep it overnight. They said they don't give out loaners, only arrange rentals, is this true? I always thought Saturn did loaners. I know other people on these forums have gotten loaners. What has your experience with Saturn and giving out loaners? I was also surprised that they didn't offer me a ride home but told me I would have to have someone come pick me up, which meant I had to call my wife at work to come rush over to pick me up and rush her back before an afternoon meeting she had.

I know people rave about Saturn customer service, but I have yet to see anything exceptional beyond any other regular car brand. Compared to Lexus or BMW (for a Mini we had not a BMW) it has truly sucked and has even been worse than Porsche which i thought was bad. I think this may be a California thing as I had a friend when I lived in Ohio who had a Saturn and raved about how great the service was and I know a lot of people on here seem to get really good service. Why do people think Saturn service is so good. All I was offered for free was some stale coffee.

I can see why people think Lexus is great, they come to your home or work to do oil changes, if they need the car longer they drive out to you in a loaner and trade cars. If you take it in they give you food and free drinks, free wireless internet, computers in case you forgot one, nice TVs, and a big panoramic window where you can watch them working on your car. But Lexus is a premium car company. What makes Saturn so good, or am I just getting screwed by my dealer? Anyone else have good service experience in LA?

When my wife picked me up she was more pissed than I was and said this will be our last Saturn. This after I convinced her when we were buying the car that Saturn service is highly rated.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It its your dealer, fer sure. I have never had a problem with getting a loaner from mine. Next time you get a dealer survey sheet, write the hell out of em in a bad way. Might do you some good, or at least make you feel better.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I agree.... i have always gotten loaners also..... your dealership just may not want the extra liablility..... I would write a letter either way.. survery or not....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had 3 Saturns serviced at my Saturn Dealer in Burnsville, MN...nothing but exceptional service and care. The Sky is getting the same treatment.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I don't know if mine offers loaners, but they offer the shuttle service when my car is in the shop. They've taken me to work and even offered to pick me up. I have also been taken to the nearest mall for shopping and they pick me up. The customer lounge has a new plasma tv and a Starbucks coffee machine. They always have pastries too. I get great service.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You got a crappy dealer
Saturn here will always offer a loaner if they have to keep it overnight. Chances are very good that if you just need a loaner for a few hours while they service you most likely will get the GMs car!
They used to come pick up my wife's car and change oil (and any other servie) then drop it off when done, leaving a car for loan while her car was serviced. This is Saturn.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:agree:
Rick Tinley Park said:
You got a crappy dealer
Saturn here will always offer a loaner if they have to keep it overnight. Chances are very good that if you just need a loaner for a few hours while they service you most likely will get the GMs car!
They used to come pick up my wife's car and change oil (and any other servie) then drop it off when done, leaving a car for loan while her car was serviced. This is Saturn.
:thumbs: :agree: :agree: :thumbs:

·
Registered
421 Posts
krazygoat said:
I know people rave about Saturn customer service, but I have yet to see anything exceptional beyond any other regular car brand. Compared to Lexus or BMW (for a Mini we had not a BMW) it has truly sucked and has even been worse than Porsche which i thought was bad. I think this may be a California thing as I had a friend when I lived in Ohio who had a Saturn and raved about how great the service was and I know a lot of people on here seem to get really good service. Why do people think Saturn service is so good. All I was offered for free was some stale coffee.

QUOTE]
Quick, how many models does Lexus have that sell new for < $30K? BMW? We're not talking red carpet service here.

I wouldn't expect the Moon and the Stars...just the SKY

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
When I first got mine had to take her back 2 times to install aftermarket equipment and both times was given a loaner.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
My dealer dosen't offer a loaner but does have a shuttle. As far as service goes I have no complaints, 255,000 miles on my present Saturn and no major service problems they must be doing something right.:thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
your car didnt sell on ebay?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nope not yet, I guess people are getting them for cheaper than I paid. Even taking a $1000+ hit I can't sell it. I was actually having a blast driving it and didn't mind so much that it isn't selling quick, till this happened.

Actually the BMW service I was talking about was for a Mini, well under 30k. BTW-my Sky cost me over 30k so should I expect over 30k service?

As far a service goes I guess I just have a crappy dealer. Looks like all my future service will be done elsewhere. If you are in LA, Saturn of Whittier has crappy service.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You are comparing apples and oranges.

krazygoat said:
I had my engine light come on yesterday and I already had an issue with my top being out of alignment causing a gap between the glass and the seal and making it hard to put the top up.

I took it into the dealer today and asked about a loaner since they said they had to keep it overnight. They said they don't give out loaners, only arrange rentals, is this true? I always thought Saturn did loaners. I know other people on these forums have gotten loaners. What has your experience with Saturn and giving out loaners? I was also surprised that they didn't offer me a ride home but told me I would have to have someone come pick me up, which meant I had to call my wife at work to come rush over to pick me up and rush her back before an afternoon meeting she had.

I can see why people think Lexus is great, they come to your home or work to do oil changes, if they need the car longer they drive out to you in a loaner and trade cars. If you take it in they give you food and free drinks, free wireless internet, computers in case you forgot one, nice TVs, and a big panoramic window where you can watch them working on your car. But Lexus is a premium car company. What makes Saturn so good, or am I just getting screwed by my dealer? Anyone else have good service experience in LA?

When my wife picked me up she was more pissed than I was and said this will be our last Saturn. This after I convinced her when we were buying the car that Saturn service is highly rated.
You get what you pay for. You can't compare the service of a basic economy type car to a luxury car dealership. I have had Cadillacs, Infinity, Acura, and BMW's and they all have supurb service with pick up and delivery, loaners etc. and I expect it. Loaner fleets cost the dealership big time which they must pass on. But you are paying for it. There is no free lunch. The Saturn dealers customer service is more in line with Honda, Toyota, Buick,VW etc. If you want that kind of service buy a Porche and get out your wallet. So far I am happy with the service of my Saturn Dealer, but I do not expect to get loaners. Should I?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
krazygoat said:
Nope not yet, I guess people are getting them for cheaper than I paid. Even taking a $1000+ hit I can't sell it. I was actually having a blast driving it and didn't mind so much that it isn't selling quick, till this happened.

Actually the BMW service I was talking about was for a Mini, well under 30k. BTW-my Sky cost me over 30k so should I expect over 30k service?

As far a service goes I guess I just have a crappy dealer. Looks like all my future service will be done elsewhere. If you are in LA, Saturn of Whittier has crappy service.
OVER 30K.....WOW WHAT DID YOU GET, GOLD PLATING?

My dealer offers to get a rental, but they will pay for it, if it is less than a one day service they will use their shuttle and take you anywhere you need to go, then come pick you up afterwards for free... also if you want they will come out to your house and pick up your car, and deliver it back if need be...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I actually have a Porsche, new Carrera S, my second Porsche. Porsche service isn't very good either. I have not had my Carrera in yet since service is only every 20k miles. But the Cayenne S I had before was in for a lot of service, they are junk. The dealer didn't do loaners either, but they did do shuttle service. I did switch dealers and I think my new Porsche dealer does loaners, but I am pretty sure they don't loan out Porsches.

My Saturn dealer didn't even have shuttle service, he told me I had to have someone come pick me up. Mini had loaners and shuttle service and is around the same cost as a Sky. My expectations were based on what people here have said and a friend of mine who had a Saturn in Ohio. Looks like Saturn of Whittier is not up to the same standards as most other dealers. Anyone else get great service in LA or anywhere in CA?

As far as cost, MSRP on car, car with all options was I think close to 28k, the rest is dealer add-ons and CA tax and title. Dealer add-ons were around 2500. LoJack early warning, the interior/exterior R-2000 stuff, and a 5 year extended warranty which you can cash in early. There are a lot on the West Coast that have paid much more. You have to remember we are the #1 car buying market in the US so any hot cars are very hard to get here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts