Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that Saturn shuts down the plant for the first 2 weeks of July for vacation and Maintence...Any truth to that

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Yep... Retooling time!!! :eek:

One thing though, I have heard Wilmington will only shut down for ONE (1) week instead of TWO (2). Not sure though!!! :confused:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The plant is not controlled by Saturn, GM owns and operates the plant, they are the ones that decide on shutdowns and such...
It is normal during model changeover that the plant will shut down for a period of time, the amount of time depending on how extensive the change is, to get the computers reprogramed and new parts and equipment in place...:thumbs:

·
Registered
29 Posts
pphjj5 said:
I was told that Saturn shuts down the plant for the first 2 weeks of July for vacation and Maintence...Any truth to that
All GM plants are scheduled for shut down in July for two weeks, but each individual plant decides their production needs. The GM plant in Indianapolis was scheduled for the two week shut down, then decided to run production the second week. Now they will only be shutdown Monday & Tuesday, production will start up on Wednesday July 5th. So much for a shut down.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Yep... Retooling time!!! :eek:

One thing though, I have heard Wilmington will only shut down for ONE (1) week instead of TWO (2). Not sure though!!! :confused:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
I can confirm that Willmington is only shut down for 1 Week. 7/1/06 they go back to work on 7/10/06.

However if like last year, they will still be shipping car's if already produced.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Well I know of a couple of cars scheduled to be built on the week of the 10th so if the plant is shut down at all it will likely be for only the one week.

·
Registered
238 Posts
deluke said:
I can confirm that Willmington is only shut down for 1 Week.
I can also confirm this.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Bob I'd love to sit down with you and talk for a while! Do you know if anyone has done a video of the production line?

·
Registered
238 Posts
rick112 said:
Bob I'd love to sit down with you and talk for a while! Do you know if anyone has done a video of the production line?
When you enter the plant, there are signs that say " no cameras allowed". However, just about every cell phone these days has a camera.

If you want to see whats going on in the plant, (and possible build your car) you might be able to get a job as a temporary worker. Its been publically announced that GM plants are using temps, to help cover the retirees. Eventually, our plant ( and others) will get workers from other GM facilitys to fill in the open jobs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taking off for the summer!

Recently a 2006 H3 was bought last summer in our family.Unfourtunately it was ordered when the hipe of those cars were still going around.(Like the Sky) It was ordered at the end of June and had a delay also because the plant also took a 1 to 2 week vaction. Sorry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts