Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
A security guard near my workplace recently said my car looked like a min-Vette. I'm can handle that. :thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
After having someone ask my hubby if my car was a Viper...:lol: I have a good friend who happens to own a vett and calls mine a "mini corvett"

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I hope your joking compairing our car to a caddy????

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I love that Caddy too though.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
From what I read of that post, it would seem some of them were impressed. The others paid for what they got! The Sky looks hot. Lucky us. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Don't tell the Corvette folks, but the classic Coke Bottle shape if the '68 'Vette was first shown on the Opel GT concept cars, back when the Corvettes were "Stingrays."

Pointing out to them that the 'Vette stole the styling from the Opel GT would just piss 'em off.

I think it's great that the Opel GT is coming back, and once again will "reflect styling cues" from it's older GM sibling. The Corvette guys will say "Yeah, but it's got a pansy four-banger in it." So did the original Opel GT - a 1.9 Liter, in fact. You can beep your horn at the 'Vettes and give them the google-eyes when you pass them as they're lined up in the gas station.

And I often do. :skep:

Heard a great line spoken from a 'Vette owner. "Yeah, my 'Vette is nice, but that car looks like a lot of fun. Frankly, I'd rather have one of those and twenty-five grand in the bank."

·
Registered
304 Posts
What's funny is whenever I hear the comparisons that the Sky is like Vette or a Viper, but over and over I keep hearing people that think the Solstice is related to a Neon... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
maybe the sky copied the vette but the vette copied the viper with the front headlights and not very well either cause the viper is a 10 times better looking car.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Everyone I have run into with a Corvette loves the Sky...
Tim..... How is your wife doing? I know i have been preoccupied with alot of things here but, you both are still in my prayers...... Please give her a HUGE HUG FROM SKYBABY...... I AM THINKING ABOUT HER...... TY...Teri SkyBbaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I was going west heading home and passed a vintage Vette (looked like late 1960's) headed East -- he waved and smiled as he went by.
Most Vette owners think the SKY is a great looking car and like the homage paid to the vette with some of the styling cues. They agree though; the SKY is alone. It may have a bit of this and a bit of that but it is all SKY:cheers: :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts