Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this hasn't been mentioned...

The Sky is going to be a drivable vehicle of the upcoming game Test Drive Unlimited. The demo for this game is available on Xbox 360 via download, which I tried, but the Sky isn't playable in the demo. The game looks fun, it's no Gran Turismo, but the digital Sky looks beautiful.

I searched everywhere for a photo I could post, but couldn't find any. The only picture I found was in a gaming publication. However, I just found a video available here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={B7518A82-71BD-4161-B8ED-6BCB3747508D}

and then click on "Online Race" video.

Now those of us who can't get our hands on a Sky can enjoy this "Test Drive", and those who do have a Sky can drive it in ways local law enforcement doesn't allow in real life.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys,

I've been scouring the net for more pics from this game, but instead found a great video on gametrailers.com.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1645

That link should lead you to Test Drive Unlimited's homepage, from there, select the Preview Video. The preview video shows off the Sky A LOT. Worth a watch.

Here's what I found from the video that'll satisfy those of you who:
A) are waiting patiently for their Sky to arrive
or
B) have a Sky and want to drive all crazy-like, and are afraid to do so in real life, due to a little thing called "laws."

-The Sky in the game features the actual interior of the real Sky, detailed down the the two toned red interior and A/C controls!
-The Sky is a "starter car" in the game.
-The Sky just looks GREAT in the game.
-The Sky in the game costs "$23,000"
-All the real exterior colors are available, including Bluestone
-There's a view mode in the game where you are actually behind the wheel, and can see the steering wheel, windshield frame, and all the details of the realistic interior.
-Theres no damage modeling in the game, sorry, you can't see what a Sky looks like wrapped around a tree. Not that you'd want to.

As far as other details about the game itself, feel free to watch the preview!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
You just cost me $500. I've been talking myself out of an XBox 360 for 6 months. The Sky in the preview video is the same as mine save the red interior, and if the black guy driving it had red hair...

Thanks a lot.

No, really- thanks!:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, at least the game is only $39. It will also be available for PC, but seems like they are focusing on the 360 version.

As for the interior color, it looks like there is actually an option to change it. I'm tellin ya- as far as details go, Test Drive Unlimited ranks really high on the list for realism in terms of how the cars look.

As far as everything else... I'm afraid to say I see this not being quite a great racing game as they go. It probably won't be a Gran Turismo (looks like there is no customization options for your car), nor will it be Project Gotham (I'm willing to bet the in-game controls won't be very good, judging from the preview videos).

HOWEVER, I can almost guarantee that Sky in the game will accelerate 0-60 in Redline time, or better... just the nature of racing games like this.

By the way, I'm not obsessed or anything. I manage a game store, so I feel obligated to share all this info.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks for the info naoki. The trailers look great! Too bad they didn't model the Red Line... but we'll just have to move past the GM cars to exotics in short order! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw that game play link too. I'm liking either the fact that:

-The person previewing the game enjoys using the Sky
or
-The publisher likes using the Sky to promote the game
or
-The game simply includes the Sky as a starter vehicle, and therefore, when considering which entry level vehicle they are attracted to, many players will begin the game using a Saturn (!).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ooooh I will be getting this game for sure as I love racing games in general and especially since the Sky is in it (Gran Turismo is still the best driving sim series out there IMO)! :thumbs:

I'll be getting the PC version as I do not have a XBox 360, but my computer is plenty powerful enough to handle it I'd say:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor +4200
2 gigs of RAM
500 gigs of storage (2x 250 GB hard disks in RAID 0 array)
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 PCI-Express graphics card with 256 MB RAM
NVIDIA NForce SLI-ready
Klipsch THX certified 2.1 speakers
Gateway 21" widescreen HD LCD monitor

Can't wait to try out the online version of the game and race others online!
Be on the lookout for a yellow Sky carving the corners and blasting through the virtual streets of Oahu! :lol:

·
Registered
342 Posts
SUNNY_SKY said:
...Can't wait to try out the online version of the game and race others online! Be on the lookout for a yellow Sky carving the corners and blasting through the virtual streets of Oahu! :lol:
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Sounds amazing. Hope to bump into you in the virtual world (much cheaper on repair bills there..LOL)

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Thanks for the post, I already own the Xbox 360 so now all I have to do is get the game so I can download the SKY. :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
So who's going to organize the XBox 360 live run? That would simultaneously be the coolest and dorkiest thing to ever some of this forum! I'm picturing us all over the country with our perfectly good Skys parked outside on our couches pretending to drive them...

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Hopefully they are customizable or we will all be driving the same color as well, talk about confusing. :eek:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
In one of the gameplay videos, there was a shot of the Sky being 'purchased' in the garage. For half a second, the trim went from red to black before it cut away. At the very least we can change that!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I suppose this game will hold me over the couple weeks until I take delivery on my Redline :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too bad Forza (or as my coworker calls it - FORENZA Motor Sport... like the Suzuki economy sedan) got delayed until next year :nonod:

But I agree, the RL should be much more fun to drive.

BUT... I did put Test Drive Unlimited into our stores demo-Xbox 360, started the game and bought a Chili Pepper Red Sky (don't tell my boss I was playing it), and customers trying out the game were all asking what car it was! I was getting the same questions all you guys who have a Sky get asked ("Is that a Saturn?!?")... it was priceless.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
In one of the gameplay videos, there was a shot of the Sky being 'purchased' in the garage. For half a second, the trim went from red to black before it cut away. At the very least we can change that!

Haha I saw that also... and they made the DASH red... didn't these guys do their research? That was only the preproduction!!!

Very cool video though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not the most up-to-date person, But I just finally got a PSP and my first game for it was Test Drive Unlimited. Even for that, the colors of the Sky are changeable. It has the headlights of the Sky but the twin exhaust areas of the RL, so a little to please everyone. And best of all, you can crash into all sorts of stuff with no consequences. Fun game. I had no idea that the Sky was in the game, just got it for the fun of it and imagine my surprise! I came on here tonight to search for this topic just to enlighten you all, but I see I am about a year late...the story of my life!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Forza 2 is out for the 360 and it is the best pure racing/driving game I've ever played.

It doesn't have the Sky, but it does have a 2006 Solstice. It is fun driving it and upgrading it even though it isn't a Sky. You can fully customize the paint job though, which is cool.

I hope they release a Saturn Sky at a later date. I don't figure it would take too much work since the Solstice is already in the game.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts