Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Saturn Sky on Saturday for purchase. I have always wanted this car. However, my mechanic brought up the point - what happens if you need parts? Can someone let me know how hard it is to get parts? Is this a deal breaker on buying this car?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nearly all of the mechanical parts are shared with other GM vehicles. Some trim parts are still available new, some need to be sourced from parts vehicles and there is an aftermarket for some of the other parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Parts are out there, if you have always wanted this vehicle, get it. I waited almost 13 years before I acquired my '07, it has a few minor cosmetic issues, they will be addressed soon. If the price and mileage are acceptable, seriously consider the purchase.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
IF the car is good, and it seems most really have been taken care of, buy it. I have had 5 of the things and am thinking about buying another low mileage Redline. I have a parts car that is a 2.4 with a lot of options. My suggestion to you is if you truly have wanted the car for this long, the time is running out on them. There were not a lot of them made, I would put away parts that you may end up needing. I try to buy anything that I think will be a short fall before long. All the rubber on the car, ie window seals, top seal, trunk seal. These will be the first things that are gone and they don't wear well, fog lights for the NA and Redline are quite hard to find.

But always check your local dealer for parts. I just recently bought a new front bumper at my local dealer and got a deal on it because he had had it for 12 years.

Plus a lot of us on this site have extra parts. Normally one of us can help you.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
IF the car is good, and it seems most really have been taken care of, buy it. I have had 5 of the things and am thinking about buying another low mileage Redline. I have a parts car that is a 2.4 with a lot of options. My suggestion to you is if you truly have wanted the car for this long, the time is running out on them. There were not a lot of them made, I would put away parts that you may end up needing. I try to buy anything that I think will be a short fall before long. All the rubber on the car, ie window seals, top seal, trunk seal. These will be the first things that are gone and they don't wear well, fog lights for the NA and Redline are quite hard to find.

But always check your local dealer for parts. I just recently bought a new front bumper at my local dealer and got a deal on it because he had had it for 12 years.

Plus a lot of us on this site have extra parts. Normally one of us can help you.
Wouldn't the rubber dry out whether or not it's on the car?

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
Rusty,

I have several boxes of rubber parts. I gave a window set or something to @Robotech about a year ago. I haven't looked inside to see if they have become stiff or brittle.

There are several additives to put on the rubber, while it is on the car. Some real expensive stuff from Europe, Pugghe or something like that. I keep it at the storage site in Banning, so can't remember the exact name, but JohnWR will know the name I am sure. I use it on my car every month, even though it only goes outside once or twice a month. As you know I am anal about the yellow car. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts