Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How long will the saturn sky redline be in production? I really wanna get one. I totaled my rx-8 this winter and I've fallen in love with the Sky. And Will there be some on the lots so i can have a bit of a choice in like a year or so? Oh yeah and what kinda fuel does the normal sky use and what kinda fuel does the RL use?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Disturbed4159 said:
How long will the saturn sky redline be in production? I really wanna get one. I totaled my rx-8 this winter and I've fallen in love with the Sky. And Will there be some on the lots so i can have a bit of a choice in like a year or so?
The total rounded output for the sky per manufacturing year is only going to be around 10,000 cars, and the redline being a much smaller portion of that number. I wouldn't expect to see one on a dealers lot for long, long, time. Your best chance is to either find a member near you who eventually gets one later on, or put down a deposit at a dealer that will refund it. That way get the car in you want, can test drive it, and if you don't like it, get your money back, and the dealer has one hell of a car that they will have no problem getting rid of. :thumbs:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im hoping I can get a decent job this summer and save up some money and hopefully be able to afford one next summer i get 500$ each month as like an allowance plus if i get a job. I'm driving an '06 civic that i just cant stand so im hoping that will bring some of the cost down too on a trade in. I have a feeling my parents wont be too excited about it but im very determined to get this car lol

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I imagine you will see them start to roll out sometime in late Fall.....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
No idea

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Again I think I need to impress upon people the scarcity of SKYs in general and even moreso the scarcity of RedLines.
If you figure that the US sold 15,000,000 cars last year and will do about the same this year, the SKYs made in the year would be .06%. That is six hundredths of one percent.
Just last night they were saying that sales of Hybrids last year accounted for 1% of car sales..... How many Hybrids have you seen?

The RedLine will be an infinitesimal amount of cars. If you want one sign now – sign often – you’ll be lucky if you see ONE on the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was told by the owner of my local Saturn dealer, that Saturn was going to make around 5000 total RL's for one year, and 10,000 for the Sky.

There not making vey many.......

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am on a list for either one, redline or just a sky, and the dealership I am at has no idea when they will deliver their first Sky!! I am told that I am on the list for the Redline, I put my name on both around Feb. Why can't the dealership tell me what number I am for the Redline?:confused:
I have owned five saturns in the past, and this will eventually be six. I think the problem could be the dealership. Any answers?

·
Registered
95 Posts
jason said:
I am on a list for either one, redline or just a sky, and the dealership I am at has no idea when they will deliver their first Sky!! I am told that I am on the list for the Redline, I put my name on both around Feb. Why can't the dealership tell me what number I am for the Redline?:confused:
I have owned five saturns in the past, and this will eventually be six. I think the problem could be the dealership. Any answers?
You need to ask to speak to the Sales Manager. If he (or she) can't give you a satisfactory answer, you then need to ask to speak to the General Manager. You're the customer; you have a right to get a decent answer. Otherwise, there are other Saturn dealers out there.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
jason said:

Your dealership hasn't received their first Sky yet? :confused: I had figured every dealership had gotten in their first one by now. Did your dealership take a deposit when they put your name on the list? Are you going to be able to custom order...because I would think at this point, they would at least be able to tell you when you might expect to be 'imaged' (assuming this is for the regular Sky...not the RL). I don't see why they couldn't tell you what number you are on the RL list, either. Doesn't make sense. I'd ask to speak directly with the General Manager.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah it's supposed to come out in the fall...but has anybody noticed how the RL inserts in this month's mags says available summer 2006????

·
Registered
342 Posts
redline14 said:
Yeah it's supposed to come out in the fall...but has anybody noticed how the RL inserts in this month's mags says available summer 2006????
Yeah... I've seen those too. Not going to happen, of course. Must have been adv. copy made up a long time ago... before they claimed all 2006 production had been sold out (without even taking images for Red Lines yet!!)

Now if they just change the ads to read Summer 2007 they'd be a lot closer to the truth...LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Disturbed4159 said:
Yeah im hoping I can get a decent job this summer and save up some money and hopefully be able to afford one next summer i get 500$ each month as like an allowance plus if i get a job. I'm driving an '06 civic that i just cant stand so im hoping that will bring some of the cost down too on a trade in. I have a feeling my parents wont be too excited about it but im very determined to get this car lol
You can't afford a new car. Use some common sense, kid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually I have about 18,000 in the bank right now from the money ive been saving from doing summer jobs, selling my motor cycle, and the money i got from my family for graduation and I also have an '06 civic i will be trading in. I can get this car if I want to i'm just not sure if I want to get it now or wait for a little while. I just don't want them to quit production by the time I decide to get one; but I went to a local saturn dealership and they said they will be here to stay for awhile kinda like chevy's corvettes, so hopefully they knew what they were talking about.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Disturbed4159 said:
Actually I have about 18,000 in the bank right now from the money ive been saving from doing summer jobs, selling my motor cycle, and the money i got from my family for graduation and I also have an '06 civic i will be trading in. I can get this car if I want to i'm just not sure if I want to get it now or wait for a little while. I just don't want them to quit production by the time I decide to get one; but I went to a local saturn dealership and they said they will be here to stay for awhile kinda like chevy's corvettes, so hopefully they knew what they were talking about.
Thats really great :thumbs: I wish I had that sort of ambition and discpline when I was your age. Me personally, I WANT IT NOW! :banghead: :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Disturbed4159 said:
Go for it ! Don't mind godmachine's comment . ( He's trying to get a Sky or Solstice for invoice, so you see he doesn't know much.) You probably have more of a down payment then him! :)

That's great you saving that much money at your age. You should be proud of yourself!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts