Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that it makes sense to open up a forum for the Sky. I've registered one url but am still looking to see if I can find a better one.

I should have a basic one up and running in a few weeks.

:cheers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I've decided that it makes sense to open up a forum for the Sky. I've registered one url but am still looking to see if I can find a better one.

I should have a basic one up and running in a few weeks.

:cheers
That's good and bad at the same time. Because it gives the world a place dedicated to Sky, but at the same time now I have to spend all my time on two forums instead of one :D

Thanks Troy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Troy, I'd hold off. The Sky and Solstice should share a sight. It will give us a larger more active community. If you ever do websites, one for the Solstice and one for the Sky, with each fowarding to this forum would be perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Troy; I agree with Rik. I like that we can see how the two platforms are introduced / received and that we all can talk about it on one site. Yeah, it's probably good to register for a Sky site now so that you can have it ready when the time is right, but please don't split up the two camps just yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
If its not too difficult to do, I too think it would make sense to have the Sky forum on a shared site with this forum. It looks like these cars are going to be so similar, that having two seperate forums would be a little redundant. I am not sure how difficult it would be for you, but if you could combine them somehow it would be great!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
I think it'll also depend on the info we get from NAIAS, if they end up being as similar as we're being lead to believe one site would be best since there wont be very large production runs of this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might be able to combine portions of the sites to try to get the best of both worlds. For example, I can probably tie the registrations together so that if you register for one you are registered for the other. I'm not sure about sharing sections, but that might be possible also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I might be able to combine portions of the sites to try to get the best of both worlds. For example, I can probably tie the registrations together so that if you register for one you are registered for the other. I'm not sure about sharing sections, but that might be possible also.
Shared registrations would be great! At least it would keep consistency between screen names and information of the two sites so we would be certain who we were speaking with! Plus, it would avoid the need to sign in at two different places to post things.

Whatever you can manage with the sections would also be great. If they cannot be mingled, we may be able to get by with just having links on one site to the corresponding section on the other. Such as a link on the Solstice technical page to the Sky technical, etc.

I am sure we will enjoy your end result! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Different sections is probably the easier. Each section would have multiple forums (general, tech, news...) Could register different domain names (solsticeforum, skyforum, nextkappaforum...) and point them all to single place. Sounds easier than trying to combine aspects of 2 different forums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I think you should keep it all here (maybe do a new address, but have it direct to here). Over at Camaroz28.com we have Camaros and Firebirds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
:agree I think you kept the Sky here also .
Just kept in separte sub-section
GM-forum.com talk about all GM trucks there same with Cadillacforum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
I saw you have the link up at the bottom of the page to the future Sky forum! I also saw you indicated you will roll out the forum this month. Any idea on the exact timing you will have it up and running?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fformula88 said:
I saw you have the link up at the bottom of the page to the future Sky forum! I also saw you indicated you will roll out the forum this month. Any idea on the exact timing you will have it up and running?
I wondered who would notice that first! :cheers:

I will have the software up and running this week or early next. I will need to do some design work on it and get a logo. Of course getting a logo setup is tough when you don't have any good pictures of it yet. ;)

I have not decided if I will have shared registration or just import the existing members from solsticeforum into skyroadster. It would be easier to import everyone and then have them operate stand alone. I like the idea of having a shared registration, but the code needs to be hacked to do that. Tough call on which way to go. Code hacks are a pain when you upgrade.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Yeah very understandable. We do that type of stuff here where we work.
I mainly would want combined registration so I could keep my post count across both forums :D Also so I don't have to track two forums all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I wondered who would notice that first! :cheers:

I will have the software up and running this week or early next. I will need to do some design work on it and get a logo. Of course getting a logo setup is tough when you don't have any good pictures of it yet. ;)

I have not decided if I will have shared registration or just import the existing members from solsticeforum into skyroadster. It would be easier to import everyone and then have them operate stand alone. I like the idea of having a shared registration, but the code needs to be hacked to do that. Tough call on which way to go. Code hacks are a pain when you upgrade.
When this thread got bumped back to the top, it reminded me you were working on it so I glanced down to the bottom to see if any link had been established yet! I was excited that it was up and running, only to find that the link worked, but no forum yet! :smash

I agree that shared registration would be awesome if you can make it work without too much hassle!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top