that is about 192 cars per state
and thats if the 10,000 is only for the usa and not shared with canada
we could see as few as 100 cars per state if canada gets from those 10,000
skys.
if true man the prices of the sky is going to go SKY high

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
:D If what my new car manager tells me is true, they are holding it to only 10,000 for next year too..... :thumbs: And did you notice that in the article edmuds said the Sky was better looking than the Solstice...:eek:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
This was just conversation, but, with a GM of a Saturn dealer:

Actual production of SKYs (standard) will be 6000-7500

He had no idea about the Redline -- but felt it could be as little as 10-25%

The 10,000 production is a maximum number, not a starting point. No plans to increase that ceiling.

GM wants NO inventory of SKYs on their lots. Ideally at the end of the season only a demo would be left to sell.

Every car (whenever possible and at the discretion of the Store Management) would be custom made for the buyer.

No immediate plans for lease (but that could change)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I wondering if I have put down my deposit and was told to expect a wait of 5 to 7 months if I will still get a Sky this year. mmmm seems like I'll have to stop by my dealer and ask?

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
I wondering if I have put down my deposit and was told to expect a wait of 5 to 7 months if I will still get a Sky this year. mmmm seems like I'll have to stop by my dealer and ask?
I was assured by my saleslady that I have a Sky coming to me. If you had a slot in the allocation, put down a deposit, then you are in at my dealer. A friend of mine saw a teevee ad for a sky.

·
Registered
48 Posts
all skys are sold for this year
been soldout for 2 weeks now
this is what has been told to me by a dealer
they are still taking deposits from people
incase the ones that ordered first change there minds they are still covered
but i know lots of people who wants a sky will be very very disappointed
when there dealers tell them no more skys until next years.
hope every single person gets there sky but it will not happen
not this year at least.

ohhhhhhhh i read that also the sky is better.

in my own opinion the sky beats all roadsters in looks by far.
case in point a lady yesterday driving a 2006 boxster porsche pulls up next to me puts her window down and ask me what kind of car was it? i told her a sky she said a sky what?
i told her a saturn sky roadster . she then told me that she has never seen such a beautiful car as the one i was driving and that she just had to have one and that once her lease was up next year she was going to get one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That article doesn't quite add up.
We know:
Saturn has threatened retailers that they will withhold additional allocation if they are marking up the SKY. (Very dangerous and close to price fixing on their part)
The SKY Redline will debut this fall.
Saturn retailers have been promised 5 units per month.
The SKY is a 2007 model, not 2006.
Retailers have only received initial allocations, meaning more will be added.

If you have an order on hold (unallocated), chances are you will still get it this year, but changing it to a Redline may increase your chances. I'm sure they have set aside some production space/time for the SRL & Pontiac Solstice GXP

So don't get too paranoid folks. If you have an order in with a deposit, chances are better than even you will take delivery this year- if you're patient!

·
Registered
277 Posts
My salesman told me last week that they are only getting 8 more Skys this year. They are a small dealer, so their allocation might be smaller. No doubt, demand is high.

·
Registered
276 Posts
All this means is that dealers have already received their allotments...they know how many cars they will get, but not when they will get them. Some dealers may already have deposits on each Sky they expect to receive for the remainder of this year. Others no doubt have numbers that are still up for grabs. The Red Line's are part of the allotments already received. They will just have the RL option added to them. If a dealer already has a customers order for one of their allotted vehicles and it was optioned out not to be a RL, the total number or RL's produced will undoubtedly be very small this year. But a customer may change the options he wants before the car is imaged, so people may switch to a RL.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My dealer is only getting 20 this year. Mine has already been invoiced and will be here within 2 weeks. Im soooo glad I didnt wait untill the end of the year like I had originaly planned :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Not hard to sell out all of the actual 2006 year sales cars seeing as how in a FULL year they plan 10k Skys and this isn't a full year. Solstice pre-sold 15k cars in the first day of order taking.

Now I have no official info if this is true or not, I have a hard time swallowing the crap-pills edmunds gives us sometimes as with a lot of the other mags too. I'll believe it when GM says so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts