Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Damn! They can't be serious about the "Sky" moniker, can they? I'll wait for photos of the concept/production buck before I pass judgement. Based on this semi-vague sketch, I like the Solstice alot better.

Good find, though!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Looks like a Solstice blended with a Mazda. I have to say if that's what it looks like I'll love it. The design is so different from most GM cars out ight now. I love it, and want it.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I just re-read the info they had there. It's listed as for being released "11/29." You know what that means...

An all new countdown to Saturn news release!!! Hopefully Saturn want disapoint us again :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Great news, can't wait to see the rest. The front end is very different than Solstice. Not crazy about the name Sky either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looked at it again and from that little peek, I see things I don't like. Unless it drastically different from the Solstice's Kappa, the entire grill between the headlights is fake, including the simi-tacky chrome bar. IMHO it'd look better with just a smooth hood and the big hole in the bottom of the bumper. You don't think it's there for some kind of Ram Air, Water Cooled, Forced Induction? May as well start the rumors now! And, as we've discussed with the Solstice, where ya gonna put the license plate?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does the link still work? I'm getting an "unauthorized access" message even though I am a member of the GMI forums.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The second pic of the rear of that Opel concept looks suspiciously like the original Solstice concept based on the dual center exit exhausts. Are you sure this is a production based design, or just a concept?
Either way, it does look good and wouldn't be a bad choice for Saturn, although I think I like the edgier VX concept more.

I have not heard what kind of body tghe Saturn will have, but my guess is that it will have steel. GM is in the process of slowly scrapping Saturn's plastic body panels, and I believe they intend to convert over the Tenessee plant to steel as well once the next generation Ion and Vue are ready.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fformula88 said:
The second pic of the rear of that Opel concept looks suspiciously like the original Solstice concept based on the dual center exit exhausts.
I noticed same thing with exhaust. I have never seen those Opel pics before. The front-end is nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts

I thought I saw a coupe version of this somewhere before, searched around and found it, my wish just may come sooner than later.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Conversations on GMI that the pics will be back up Monday 29th when they should have been released (someone jumped the gun). Hopefully something official from GM as well.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts