Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, when I was really interested in the new mustang, Ford trickled out a bit of info, a few spy shots, and some interesting tidbits or rumors, every now and then to keep us interested and excited. It appears Saturn or GM has not mastered this art yet. I mean come on GM, gives us some stinking photos of the accessories, gives us a site where we can build our own, tempt us with videos of people testing the N/A and turbo versions, tell us what the stinking options are going to be! It's pretty sad when the pontiac has been out for many months now, and we can't even tell what the base price or options will cost on ours. We have no photos of the accessories. Nothing has been published stating the pricing at all, and yet we are going to be ordering it at the end of this month? I am first on the list in Greensboro, NC and haven't heard anything about pricing except that it should come loaded around 25k. We are still not sure what the "production" version will look like - there should not be any speculation about that at this point in the buying game. Automakers really need to get control of this, if they want special vehicles to continue to prosper. I like the sky and have been following it for a very long time. I am taking a huge chance by ordering this car when I am unsure how it will perform. Numbers don't tell you anything. Example: According to a VERY popular magazine the toyota celcia GT has a 0-60 time of 6.7sec, a Nissan 240SX had a 0-60 time of 7.8 sec. I drove both. The Celica had such pitiful power under 6000rpms it was slower then my wife's PRIUS!! The 240SX on the other hand, had great torque at 2400rpms and was extremely fun to drive. AGAIN, same vehicles: the lateral gs on the celcica were .89 and the 240SX .87, but the 240SX had such little body roll that it felt like :banghead: :mad: it was on rails and the celica was all about body roll. The dealers are having us put down $500-1000 signing statements saying that once we tell them what we want and it comes in, that we forefeit the deposit. But we haven't even driven the thing yet! I say we should be able to drive it, if it's not what we want, the thing will sell to someone else the same day. What's to say that they won't jack the price up and then try to take the deposit when we decline the jacked up price. This doesn't seem right to me.....we deserve answers, we are the first to stand up to the plate and buy one and there should be better perks then: you get stuck with what you get because your first to own it.....brilliant! :banghead: :mad:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I pre-ordered my Sky months ago. No options or colours were discussed at that time. I included a number of conditions. One was that it fall into the same price range as the Miata. I also wanted to make sure that no one drove it for six month before I got it. I didn't want all the sales staff ripping around town in my car.

We do have a very good preview of the Sky available at your Pontiac dealership. Take a Solstice out for a spin (if it hasn't been pre sold they might let you) ;)

I do agree that GM/Saturn haven't exactly mastered the art of suduction. The site still has that same sorry music and whimpy feel to it that it's had for months. This is supposed to be a HOT sports car not a grocery getter.

I'm not buying my Sky because it'll be the fastest 0-60 on the road. I like the look of the car. I'm sure there will be a ton of modifications available for the 2.4L very soon. If they offer the Redline edition at the same time I'll pick that up if it isn't a lot more money.

It's just a fun little roadster. I've done my share of bitching about the lack of information though. I've only recently seen the car with the roof on. They could have big crouds out to see the Sky when it comes to a town near you except for the fact that Saturn customer service doesn't even seem to know that they have for cars in existence touring. I was willing to go to the US to see the car but they couldn't give me a proper list of dates and times. That kinda thing should have been on the web site.

Non of it will matter this time next year. I'll be putting my Sky away for the winter. Dreaming of what thrills the next summer will bring.

If you want one of these things you'd better put money down soon as I doubt there will be many of them sitting on the lot just waiting for someone to buy them.

And here's a message for Saturn. Go BIG or Go HOME! :lol:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I also agree and have always thought that Saturn should of marketed thier cars better and I do not see much improvement with the Sky so far or the Solstice.

While pricing has not been mentioned yet, I have seen posts on the Forum for the list of options which I was given by my dealer as well.

I believe either Motor Trend or Road and Track had very positive reviews of the performance of the Solstice even though they preferred the Miata.

My dealer made it very clear to me that my deposit was refundable at any time. I would not of put a deposit down otherwise.

While I guess since a price has not been officially announced, Saturn could jack it up. However, that will not happen with Saturn Dealers. Whatever Saturn says the price is then that is what the dealers are selling it for.

I have had 3 Saturns and have pleased with the quality of every single one of them.

I personally have not heard anything that even has me doubting in the slightess that this is the car I want.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I doubt that Saturn will abandon the integrity and good will it has built up over the years, by changing the game in the middle of the road with the SKY. If this happens, word will get out faster than an out of control wildfire.
The public is tired of being screwed with and the brand would be LEFT in in a decaying orbit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts