Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SaturnFans.com SKY Pricing Survey in Car and Driver
August 3, 2006

Car and Driver magazine referenced the SaturnFans.com SKY pricing survey in its September 2006 issue. On page 18, under the heading "SKY's the Limit" is a letter describing one person's disappointment that some retailers are marking up the sticker price of the hot selling roadster by requiring customers to buy sometime unwanted $3000 add-ons like Scotchguard fabric protector or an alarm system. While retailers are free to set heir own selling prices, Saturn Corporation discourages such practices.

"Feeling betrayed," wrote Eric from Long Beach, California, "I researched the matter on the Internet and made a few discoveries. One useful site, www.SaturnFans.com, started a list of dealers who are selling for MSRP, non required add-ons or mark-ups. This list gave a very quick way to determine where there was a possibility of purchasing the SKY with the full Saturn promise intact."

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah it is too bad the reality is that the saturnfans site only showed MSRP dealers... it did NOT purport to show dealers who aren't requiring dealer add-ons. Many of the dealers listed people have discovered require the add-ons.

·
Registered
514 Posts
yep I sent them an email, the Saturn of El Cajon and Saturn of Temecula should not be on that list. They require a bunch of add ons :nono: Saturn of Kearny Mesa told me you need to purchase car covers, tonneau (sp?) cover, paint protection, thousands of dollars of dealer add on crap. No choice of colors. No choice of auto or manual. No choice of interior.

No thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I responded online there when the survey was first put up about that (Jan maybe?) with a message to the site.
Never saw any changes, so I stopped looking at any of their stuff. It was laughably inaccurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts