Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While stopped at a light this afternoon, this humongous pick up pulls up in the left turn lane. The guy lowers his passenger window and says, "I've been following you and admiring your car. I don't like what car companies are doing with cars these days, but Saturn is doing something right with that car." :) First time we've had that happen. Wanted to know if the seating area was roomy. We said there was enough for us, but not much in the trunk.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Safeway parking lot encounter today as a couple drove past in their SUV. They stopped and rolled down the windows, "I love your car!" the wife said. The Gentlemen asked "What is that?" I told him it was a Saturn Sky and his reply.." I didn't know Saturn made a car like that! Honey, you know what I want for my birthday!!"
Nice talking to them, I think they will be members soon. It only takes one look...:willy:

Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
AT THE DEALERSHIP 8/30/06
IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
Mud Guards? I didn’t order mud guards

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pretty cool as long as they don't get overwhelming with following / pacing you as some others have noted.
Like the guy who scared the crap out of me as I was washing my car yesterday. He pulled up in my yard and I didn't even see him til he was standing over me, drooling on my car. He just wanted to look at it, and ask a few questions. But still. :lol:

Then I had another when I went to the gas station, a guy asked me what color the car was (midnight blue). He said "Finally, GM made a decent car." :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fiero Forum member, now proud SKY owner, remarks!

I have been a Fiero owner since 1984 and have gone through all the talk both up and down on the looks, the performance, the fires, etc., etc., etc.

Now that I own a SKY (9-1-06!!!) I really appreciate the same attention that is being paid to my new car. Whenever I stop at a light or to get gas or anywhere, I get nothing but positive comments. I have been followed home more than once, have been paced for miles by drivers and passengers trying to get a better look.

I believe I am the only SKY on Whidbey Island in Washington State. Nobody seems to have ever seen such a gorgeous car before. I park it where it can be clearly seen way out in the parking lot and when I come out there will be a crowd around it checking everything out. Talk about being conspicious!! I love it.

Sorry, forgot the point of my post. I posted a thread on my Fiero Forum about the new car and my pictures being up on my husband's V8 Fiero web site at http://64.17.190.253

I got over a thousand views and basically nothing but positive remarks, and Fiero people are kind of critical, having had to defend their little car for so many years. Lots of talk about a perfect car, unbelieveable styling, on and on.

WOW!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts