Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals... :thumbs:

A few days ago we got an e-mail from Jill Lajdziak in which she encouraged all retailers to stick to the No Hassle - No Haggle idea and she mentioned that every customer should be able to walk to ANY Saturn Retailer and buy a SKY for the same price they see it at the Saturn website.

This tells me that all the complaints are getting to the "Head-Honcho" but its still up to the retailers to sell for what ever price they deem is appropriate... :mad: :banghead: :brentil:

I hope some of the retailers will listen and decide to abandon the over MSRP crap (Market Adjustments) and go the Saturn Way!!! :cheers:

I know we are and have aways been...:eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
What can they do to non-compliance dealers, Jill, reduce their image allotment? Take away their delearship? I am not sure how this works, iof someone owns a dealership, can they lose their franchise? They pay for the delearship, it is theirs, correct? Inquiring minds would like to know.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ernest said:
What can they do to non-compliance dealers, Jill, reduce their image allotment? Take away their dealership? I am not sure how this works, if someone owns a dealership, can they lose their franchise? They pay for the dealership, it is theirs, correct? Inquiring minds would like to know.
I have no clue Ernest... :banghead:

I don't think they can do much about it though. :rolleyes: Basically the philosophy is that if "Joe Smith" pays $23,000 for one, "Charlie Blow" is supposed to be able to get the same car for the same money "Joe Smith" paid. Everybody gets to pay the same, this is why I don't see this being a fair way of doing business since 6 months down the road, those retailers overcharging customers for their SKYs will charge MSRP because they can't get away with it anymore and this will be totally unfair to those who bought it 6 month earlier...:nono: :mad:

Oh well, let's see how it all plays out... :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
skywatcher said:
Thanks for the info SD.
Was Saturn's request presented so that one might actually consider it or take it seriously?
I took it as a strong encouragement message. She was NOT in any way threatening or in any way confrontational but the subtle message was undesrstood well. :cheers: I do hope retailers take it seriously enough to do the "right thing." :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
I took it as a strong encouragement message. She was NOT in any way threatening or in any way confrontational but the subtle message was undesrstood well. :cheers: I do hope retailers take it seriously enough to do the "right thing." :thumbs:

Regards,

Thank you for replying.
That's all I've really wanted to know throughout this adventure.
Only so much Saturn can do, but it makes a difference to me that they would at least take a position however it may turn out.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sounds top me like Saturn Corporate has input from the general public and they are paying attention, that is a good thing, but sounds like there hands are tied regardless. It is nice to know they are interested though. In my case this isolated incident with the MSRP on the SKY will not diminish my loyalty to the company.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ernest said:
Sounds top me like Saturn Corporate has input from the general public and they are paying attention, that is a good thing, but sounds like there hands are tied regardless. It is nice to know they are interested though. In my case this isolated incident with the MSRP on the SKY will not diminish my loyalty to the company.
I'll remain loyal to the company, but will never again purchase from any particular dealer who marks up the Sky. The key distinction is to differentiate between the company, the dealership owners, and the sales consultants. The company and sales consultants are no doubt just as unhappy as we consumers are.

This is a big opportunity for the smart dealerships to capitalize on.
Loose the markups and add-ons and you'll make more money in the long run.
It's that simple.
You make or break long term business & customer relationships with one act of bad faith.

·
Registered
820 Posts
This means a lot to me...

I have never bought an american car but I have always wanted to "keep the money in the family". I have never seen an american car that inspired me enough to make the cross over until now. When/if I get the redline(depends if they mark it up), I will be more proud of that car then any car I have ever owned. I am proud that Saturn has asked their dealers to stick with MSRP and I hope to own a Sky Redline when they come out. I have always wanted to have an American car I can be proud of, please dealers, don't take that away from me. If I find that I can trust Saturn to follow through on this promise, I may be a return customer for that new four door....the wife will need a new car soon. Thank you for sharing that letter with us.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ya know a whole tank full of atta-boys can be shot down with one aw- shucks(spelling). At least thats what my dad used to say. Skip...:thumbs:

·
Registered
326 Posts
$879 in Dealer Mandatory Add-ons

Sky Dealer said:
Hello guys and gals... :thumbs:

A few days ago we got an e-mail from Jill Lajdziak in which she encouraged all retailers to stick to the No Hassle - No Haggle idea and she mentioned that every customer should be able to walk to ANY Saturn Retailer and buy a SKY for the same price they see it at the Saturn website.

This tells me that all the complaints are getting to the "Head-Honcho" but its still up to the retailers to sell for what ever price they deem is appropriate... :mad: :banghead: :brentil:

I hope some of the retailers will listen and decide to abandon the over MSRP crap (Market Adjustments) and go the Saturn Way!!! :cheers:

I know we are and have aways been...:eek:

Regards,

Just ordered my SKY this afternoon (2/27/06) and my dealer stayed with the MSRP, but added $879.00 MANDATORY dealer add-ons. I was FURIOUS!! The owner of the area Saturns will add to every custom SKY order 1) $400 Protectant 2) $300 etch number 3) $179 mud guards.

Mud Guards: I already wanted the mudguards since the SOL owners say lots of road debris is slung on sides of vehicle, what Saturn listed as $157 (which was about $50 to high already) my dealer charges $179. I agreed to their price.

$700 for the Frist Place finish warranty & Etch Number, which is TOTALLY a SCAM. I negotiated and we agreed I would pay them $400 more for the car and NOT get the 2 add ons. WHAT...I just paid them $400 to make sure they DON'T do this to my car. Yep...it saved me $300!! and they were not going to budge. I told myself I would WALK if when I placed the order it was over 27K, and we came in TOTAL $26,822.00 so I can live with it.

Still NOT HAPPY!! They will NOT get any more of my business. If I buy another Saturn I will go to a far away dealer and pay for what I want and not what they want on my custom ordered car.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nemesis said:
I have never bought an american car but I have always wanted to "keep the money in the family". I have never seen an american car that inspired me enough to make the cross over until now. When/if I get the redline(depends if they mark it up), I will be more proud of that car then any car I have ever owned. I am proud that Saturn has asked their dealers to stick with MSRP and I hope to own a Sky Redline when they come out. I have always wanted to have an American car I can be proud of, please dealers, don't take that away from me. If I find that I can trust Saturn to follow through on this promise, I may be a return customer for that new four door....the wife will need a new car soon. Thank you for sharing that letter with us.
Your welcome!!! :cheers: I'm glad Saturn said something and I'm glad that this news brought a little of faith back into Saturn Corporation... :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
165 Posts
My husband and I will never buy a car that is not a Saturn. We've purchased 9 from our dealership and have never been unhappy (lots of kids). They stick to MSRP and bend over backwards to keep the customers happy. They communicate with us (my Sky is ordered) and are always helpful. The first dealership we used was in another part of the state and they were not like this. EVERYONE at Saturn of Santa Rosa, management, salespeople, technicians etc etc is Awesome. :thumbs: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
326 Posts
YeeHa! NC Dealers STOP required upgrades!

Sunny Ragtop said:
Just ordered my SKY this afternoon (2/27/06) and my dealer stayed with the MSRP, but added $879.00 MANDATORY dealer add-ons. I was FURIOUS!! The owner of the area Saturns will add to every custom SKY order 1) $400 First Place Warranty 2) $300 etch number 3) $179 mud guards.

Mud Guards: I already wanted the mudguards since the SOL owners say lots of road debris is slung on sides of vehicle, what Saturn listed as $157 (which was about $50 to high already) my dealer charges $179. I agreed to their price.

$700 for the Frist Place finish warranty & Etch Number, which is TOTALLY a SCAM. I negotiated and we agreed I would pay them $400 more for the car and NOT get the 2 add ons. WHAT...I just paid them $400 to make sure they DON'T do this to my car. Yep...it saved me $300!! and they were not going to budge. I told myself I would WALK if when I placed the order it was over 27K, and we came in TOTAL $26,822.00 so I can live with it.

Still NOT HAPPY!! They will NOT get any more of my business. If I buy another Saturn I will go to a far away dealer and pay for what I want and not what they want on my custom ordered car.
My NC area Saturn stores have ALL officially STOPPED their required dealer add-ons! :willy:

I got a personal call from...can you believe this...the OWNER of all the Charlotte, Concord, Hickory NC area Saturn dealerships yesterday (March 1st). He apologized and said they had made a mistake. He met that morning with his dealers & told them after reviewing my situation & dissatisfaction he was changing policy and will no longer require the $871.00 in mandatory dealer add-ons for custom ordered Skys. He said no one ordering a SKY will be required to purchase anything they do not want on their car. I agreed to post this on the forum & to email Saturn his response to my complaint so future car buyers would know, they now will be treated right at these dealers. YES!! THANK YOU!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good Work Ragtop!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:
My NC area Saturn stores have ALL officially STOPPED their required dealer add-ons! :willy:

I got a personal call from...can you believe this...the OWNER of all the Charlotte, Concord, Hickory NC area Saturn dealerships yesterday (March 1st). He apologized and said they had made a mistake. He met that morning with his dealers & told them after reviewing my situation & dissatisfaction he was changing policy and will no longer require the $871.00 in mandatory dealer add-ons for custom ordered Skys. He said no one ordering a SKY will be required to purchase anything they do not want on their car. I agreed to post this on the forum & to email Saturn his response to my complaint so future car buyers would know, they now will be treated right at these dealers. YES!! THANK YOU!! :thumbs:
THAT IS GREAT...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:

I imagine you mentioned that your were going to "tell the world" via the internet about your situation? who knows, maybe he came on here himself and read your posts! I know my dealer now checks this forum on a regular basis to see what people think and to learn about the sky, heck, he even reads all my posts to make sure I don't say anything negative about them.
power of the internet, how'd we get along without it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts