Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a story of a happy ending consumers don't get very often but should. I am proud to tell it about my Made in USA car!

When I ordered this beautiful Sky, I had a trip planned to the beach. Every one knew it. I said over and over again, "I hope it gets here in time for my trip to the beach, etc. " Although I took delivery in July, work has demanded that just about every weekend was consumed with work. So, I haven't had a chance to break away in this car the way it begs us to do. I was looking so forward to this vacation in a way I cannot describe. The condo was perfect, the timing was perfect, the weather was perfect, you name it, I had it planned to a tee and nature was cooperating. Well, I scheduled my Sky to to get an oil change at the dealer Friday since It would be time for new oil by the time I got back if not in the middle of the trip. The day before I had noticed a smell and then noticed a spot...of oily stuff, and was a little worried when I carried my car down there. In about 15 minutes, they had bad news...you guessed it, the dreaded rear diff leak. The special oil in the diff had leaked more than half out. Keep in mind, I was an informed consumer about this problem possibly coming up, and it was timing more than anything that stunk. I am not sure how I missed it before. It needed a new seal and service did not have the part. It would not be in until Monday. I was leaving the very next morning. Man..I was crashed, crushed, and my heart was broken. No vacation in five years, this one then was a BIG deal and the Sky was such a big part of the picture I had been holding in my head during all the extra work, and all the long hours. I struggled to "get out of the tree, and yes, I teared up a little, and I had three other cars, all plenty nice...but not the same. Well, the service manager and a consultant could hardly break it to me, and then when they saw my reaction even though I tried so hard to be a trooper, they huddled up with the general manager, came back into the room and saved my vacation. No one can believe how far they reached to help me have my dream outing. First, they lent me the cutest Ion to drive down to the beach, filled up I might add, then, they fixed my car, detailed it, and delivered it to me at the beach........Can you believe that??? I have never had anyone in any retail/service industry go that far or empathize with me, and I will never forget it. Instead of nothing, I got to have Tuesday, Wednesday and today at the beach with my Sky..under the Sky.... visiting my dad, and my 93 year old grandmother on her birthday. Thanks Alana and Aarron, Shane, Anne, the good letter is on the way to corporate. I own three other cars and I hope you can do the service on all three. You'll be seeing more of me. And gee, I think my son would like that little Blue Ion!

·
Registered
273 Posts
WOW! that is a good ending, I'm glad it all worked out for you. I have never heard of such good service, you have yourself a great dealer there :cheers:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sounds like you need to submit it to Saturn for a commercial...like the one where they take the seat to Alaska. Bet you could get a few good months of having your face/story on the TV!

Glad to hear Saturn lived up to their standards for you!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It is great to hear this -- This is the Saturn I am used to and happily experience here in Tinley. This is the place that would pick my wife's car up for an oil change and deliver it when done - because she worked 1/2 mile from them and "why make her make a special trip?"
This is the Service that when you DO have a problem -- they make it THEIR problem. They want it resolved - they do not want it to repeat and they want you happy....

Right On Saturn!:thumbs:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hats off to a great - "above and beyond" - dealership. :cheers: :thumbs:
Glad your long awaited vacation was a success. :) :) :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
What a lovely story! thanks for sharing some of the "good stuff".

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Glad to hear positive stories. :)

I said it before ... people make up this forum and dealerships. You have the good fortune of having contact with two great groups of folks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
50 Posts
You have restored my faith

It's nice to know that an American company can still go above and beyond. I am moved by your story, and it gives me great satisfaction to know that I made a good decision to buy my Sky. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
AWESOME Story!!! That's the kind we like to hear... :cheers:

You have a great facility servicing you!!! :cheers:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats the saturn I remember

That is just awesome I am so glad to hear the saturn values are still going strong, when I worked for saturn as a detailer that was what we tried to do, make the customers expirience better than anything they've ever expirienced. That is what made saturn so different than anything else out there, it was almost like going to see family or your best friend when you went to the dealership and people would buy the cars because of that reason alone

so I am glad to hear after all these years the saturn name and its values are still wining the hearts of the people, I just hope my dealership implements those same values

·
Registered
669 Posts
Great Story!! Another reason I buy Saturn!

(And, yes, I'm sure your son would love the blue ION...my son has a Berry Red 2.4 ION and he loves it!) :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Now that is service above and beyond the call of duty! Please let Saturn Corporate know what a great dealership you have there!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Great Story!

I'm glad it all worked out like it did!.... WOW! There are still good people out there! And it made the vacation all that more special!

Glad to hear you are well!

Chris :cheers:

PS..... just a scosh jealous about the beach thing though.... I'm really thinking about a road trip next year to a coastline somwhere!........:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks for sharing a great story. It sure helps to hear something positive. Glad it all worked out for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Man - That is just to cool. Now that is what sets some dealers and people apart from the pay me and get going ones. Great story. I hope that all can learn from your story. Hats off to your dealer.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Cloning

And when you send that letter to corporate- ask them to clone ALOT more of those people for the dealerships that are not like that. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great story. This is one of those times when I think it would only be proper to name the dealership. I understand that the moderators want to prevent this from being a dealer bashing forum but deeds such as those need recognition. :thumbs:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Great story, destination charges (to the beach) included:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is a great story. Since your in the Atlanta area I was wondering which dealer you deal with?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts