Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not 100% sure but I figured that blue stone would be at the Cadillac dealership on a 2007 vehicle as another color. I found a STS and SRX that looked like they had blue stone. It appears that Blue Stone is the same color as Cadillac's Sunset Blue. Don't bother trying to get to Cadillac's website to see the color since this seems to be only 2007 color that is not listed online.

Here are a few crappy pics from my phone, the actual color looks much more blue compared to these pics:

So all you Blue Stone fans go to your local Cadillac dealership and check it out! I think I'll stick with red.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Really glad I stuck with the Silver Graphite.

·
Registered
234 Posts
MonyGone said:
Really glad I stuck with the Silver Graphite.
not sure you can pass judgement looking at camera phone pictures. this looks similar, but in person could look different.

·
Registered
277 Posts
BradyB
That is not bluestone unfortunately....The caddilac Color must be a bit different...the sky dealership[ said Bluestone will be unique to saturn for a year or so! but he may be wrong the R/L that they had was bluestone I believe!

·
Registered
342 Posts
A Red Line displayed at the auto shows was Bluestone... kinda a bluish-gray color. The problem is a lot of ppl attending the various shows said the type of lights really distorted the color from show to show...

The concensus is this pic is the most representative of the true color:

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah, that' not my farovite color....it's nice but more elegant and not a fast color, do you know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
:nono:

Different Paint Code = Different Color

Cadillac SRX's color = 78U (Sunset Blue)
Saturn SKY's Color = 72U (Bluestone)

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Better BlueStone Pic

I think this is a better picture of BlueStone

BlueStoneSky.jpg

However, this like the rest of the pics, look nothing like any of the Color Chips I have seen at dealers or brochures. I am wondering if this is a special Blue. Sort of like the icing Blue I have seen on some ion quade Coupes, but does not show up as one of its colors on the site.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Bluestone does not do Sky justice!

Of all the great colors that Saturn offers for the Sky this washed out blue would be last on my list!

·
Registered
422 Posts
skyfan said:
Of all the great colors that Saturn offers for the Sky this washed out blue would be last on my list!
:agree:
It is the ugliest colour for the Sky I've ever seen.
Can't understand the decision of Opel to import Bluestone (Eifelblau) but cancel Polar White and Forest Green for Europe :crazy: :confused:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
richmcc said:

View attachment 3915

However, this like the rest of the pics, look nothing like any of the Color Chips I have seen at dealers or brochures. I am wondering if this is a special Blue. Sort of like the icing Blue I have seen on some ion quade Coupes, but does not show up as one of its colors on the site.
That's more like what the Cadillacs looked like. My camera phone made the color look like crap... Has anyone seen both colors in person and can say for sure?

It was not a grey metallic like what you see in my pics but a much more a medium blue metallic.

Guys, GM uses different paint codes all the time for the same color.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C20LET_50 said:
:agree:
It is the ugliest colour for the Sky I've ever seen.
Can't understand the decision of Opel to import Bluestone (Eifelblau) but cancel Polar White and Forest Green for Europe :crazy: :confused:
Yellow for me is the worst color on the Sky. It makes the black plastic look cheap and the front and rear facia paint never matches the rest of the car.

It's a Sky, they have to have a Sky blue.

·
Registered
422 Posts
bradyb said:
Yellow for me is the worst color on the Sky. It makes the black plastic look cheap and the front and rear facia paint never matches the rest of the car.
Yellow is just prevailing taste like 25 years ago, I remember my yellow 1978 Alfa Romeo Giulia. Today you have several yellow cars here in Europe too.
The mismatch is not a problem any more, only the first month production had a more or less big problem. I hope we won't get some new problems with the aging of the paint in what colour ever.

bradyb said:
It's a Sky, they have to have a Sky blue.
That's an argument but they should have taken a Sky colour in good weather.:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I saw the Bluestone a while back and it looked more like Axel's picture (I live near the plant and someone was driving one around my development on Memorial Day weekend).

·
Registered
746 Posts
Bluestone or Midnight blue....

richmcc said:

View attachment 3915

If this pic were the color I would take Bluestone. I switched to midnight blue because I have not seen a good pic yet and as others have said no pic matches the chip.

SKY SPY any input? I still have time to change back if the chip in the store is truly representative of the color.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I do not believe the chip at the dealer was very close to the actual color that I saw. As I said, Axel's picture in this thread looks really close to the real thing that I saw on the road.

·
Registered
129 Posts
After seeing those pics, I'm seriously reconsidering bluestone. The color is way lighter than I had expected. The pic looks almost like a robin-egg blue. :nonod:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I hear ya'. I was originally going to get bluestone myself. Changed my mind when I got the dealer. After seeing one, I'm glad I changed my mind.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts