Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from mine, and SKYs at arranged events or the dealership, I saw my first random-chance SKY today. Came out of the Best Buy in Temecula, and there it was parked right next to mine. Forest Green with a nice Tan Top. It was the first time that I saw the green in bright sunlight, and it looked SHARP with all the metallic flakes in there. Truly outstanding.

Met up with the owner, too. A very nice guy. He looked at my tailpipe on the left and the first think he said was, "All right... What did you do?" I told him he could read all about it in the Performance section of the forum. Showed him the Stubby, too, which he seemed to like. He knew of a "SKY Accessory Shop" in town - that HAD to be KappaSphere...

Hopefully he will come join us here on the forum and join us for our next SoCal SKY gathering. We need a green one!

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Hey, saw my first one yesterday too. Red one on the 91 heading east in Riverside. We passed at a combined speed of at least 130 so not a lot of time to wave but saw the chrome vents in the hood so definatly a Sky. Top was down too...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Saw my 1st Kappa on the road yesterday. It was an Aggresive Sol. I was taking a patient to a hospital... an hour away... so couldn't stop. Still none seen in my area though... haven't even seen the 3 SKY's already delivered locally drive around.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I cant wait to see all the SKYS at the Downers Grove Sky Show... on the 15th of July....... the only SKY i have seen "on the road" is..... REDSKY2NIGHT'S....... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw a beautiful red Sky running top down through Springfield Mass. It was the first Sky I've seen and I was 2000 miles from home. To the blond with the ride....I LOVE YOUR CAR...Kinda wished I had my Sol on some of the roads in PA, NY and Mass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Austin, TX - 07-05-2006

While pulling up to a stop light at Research and Burnet, I saw my first randon Sky in Austin. I have the first Sky in Austin and knew that there are now three or four others but it wasn't until this evening around 7:30 pm that I saw a beautiful Midnight Blue with Tan top. They didn't see me. I was tempted to chase them down but had to get to an appointment. I sure hope to see them again soon.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
deluke said:
There has to be alot in Ct., because I saw 5 as of a month ago.

:jester: It was the same one 5 times! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have yet to see one other than mine. I did see my first new Solstice yesterday. Like my Sky better!
Lisa

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Still havent seen another Sky -- plenty of Sols but no Sky.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I was just reading an article about Corvette.

They MFG 35,000 Vettes a year -- that is 3.5 times as many as SKYs.
There are 500,000 registered Vettes on the road -- 50 times as many as SKYs.

How many Corvettes do you see a year? - Let's say 5 a week. So in one year (you won't see many in winter - but I am generalizing here) you'll see 260 Vettes. The chance of seeing a SKY is 1/50th of that or, maybe 5.2 in a YEAR!
That number is only after 10,000 have been built and delivered!

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I was just reading an article about Corvette.

They MFG 35,000 Vettes a year -- that is 3.5 times as many as SKYs.
There are 500,000 registered Vettes on the road -- 50 times as many as SKYs.

How many Corvettes do you see a year? - Let's say 5 a week. So in one year (you won't see many in winter - but I am generalizing here) you'll see 260 Vettes. The chance of seeing a SKY is 1/50th of that or, maybe 5.2 in a YEAR!
That number is only after 10,000 have been built and delivered!
Maybe where you live. LOL I see Vettes (plural) every day out here in So Cal.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Robotech said:
Maybe where you live. LOL I see Vettes (plural) every day out here in So Cal.
You got that right. I see multiple Vettes every day, and double digits in Porsches, MBZs and BMWs. This is a different kind of place, eh bud? But, in ALL of that - only ONE random SKY to date.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup me too... and not in MN!

We saw a silver Sky in Windsor CA. on vacation as well as meeting up with USMC..... but that has been it. Its like a twilight zone where we are the only people left......with a cool car!!!:cool:......oh wait a minute ours is on a train somewhere...............................................................

·
Registered
92 Posts
I drove mine from Arizona to Ohio, over 2000 miles, and did not see one Kappa anywhere. I have to say the most fun I had was stopping in Po-dunk towns for lunch and sitting by the window eating, waiting for the inevitable gathering of people around my sky, then hitting the Alarm button! I know, I am mean...but after 8 hours of driving (even a sky) you will take anything for entertainment.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
jdigiant said:
You got that right. I see multiple Vettes every day, and double digits in Porsches, MBZs and BMWs. This is a different kind of place, eh bud? But, in ALL of that - only ONE random SKY to date.
Then it makes sense that you'd see the SKY.. as in Vettes etc -- you have more there. The rareness is what I am stressing... The fact that there are 50 times more Vettes than SKYs
While you see lots of Corvettes they still number much less than all teh other cars.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Only one here two

Robotech said:
I see Vettes (plural) every day out here in So Cal.
Besides our So Cal Beach Cruise I have only seen one sky on the road.

Anyone driving around the Buena Park Area over the Holiday weekend?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still no sightings....other than dealerships....in Louisiana :willy:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts