Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was back home for the weekend and got a call from my dad that he saw a saturn sky parked in the neighborhood. I thought he was confusing it with the already out solstice (which I think is kinda ugly BTW) but he said he wasn't and it was the SKY instead. Went and checked it out on my way to the mall and he was right, THE CAR WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! The lines of it all look so right and its side stance looked amazing. I'll see if I can get some pics up later, the car was white. If it gets the 2.0L turbo ecotec worth its weight I'll be all over that car.

The car is in lansing Michigan BTW if there is anybody lives out there. Does anyone know when they are going to be arriving for the public?

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Sweet! I've really been curious how it will look when white...

Definitely post pics if you have any!!!

If I were more willing to wash it every day - I would even consider white!

:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Actually I found a white car doesn't seem to show city dirt and grime as much as other colors. I had a white olds and was always surprised how dirty it actually was when I washed it. The only real problem was spring when the pollen gave it a greenish tinge. I currently have a forest green SC2 and it shows water spots and dirt much more than the white car did. For that reason I was strongly considering silver graphite for my Sky, but after seeing the Midnight Blue color at my dealership, I have chosen that color. Oh well just think how cool we will look washing the Sky!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
GRinLR said:
Oh well just think how cool we will look washing the Sky!
:yesnod:

I think we'd look cool doing just about anything, as long as we are near these cars!

I'm still stuck on the Pearl Silver, so that is what I have ordered – ‘cause I loved it so much when I first saw it... I am seriously trying not to second guess myself too much before I receive my image!

Good news - it is going to be a sweet looking car, no matter what color it is painted!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The white with the black top was a very nice look. With some shiny black wheels it would really look sharp and probably be my favorite and look much cleaner.

I usually don't like white as a car color but this looked great, plus white doesn't show dirt near as bad as any other color.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
GRinLR said:
Actually I found a white car doesn't seem to show city dirt and grime as much as other colors. I had a white olds and was always surprised how dirty it actually was when I washed it. The only real problem was spring when the pollen gave it a greenish tinge. I currently have a forest green SC2 and it shows water spots and dirt much more than the white car did. For that reason I was strongly considering silver graphite for my Sky, but after seeing the Midnight Blue color at my dealership, I have chosen that color. Oh well just think how cool we will look washing the Sky!
I agree with the not much dirt and grime showing on white.. on my BMW M3... i was surprised how little i had to actually wash it. Still looked awesome everyday... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
102 Posts
If worried about road grime I would say avoid BLACK. I had a white Olds years ago and was surprised at how well it handled Indiana winter road grime.
:thumbs: Sheryl

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
bumsky2 said:
If worried about road grime I would say avoid BLACK. I had a white Olds years ago and was surprised at how well it handled Indiana winter road grime.
:thumbs: Sheryl
Actually Sheryl... black isnt that bad either... i have a black tracker... black avalanche and they both do very well, now, the salt on the other hand is a problem... but just everyday dirt/grime.. no biggie.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I have had black and white vehicles, the white does get dirty but you really can;t tell unless you are up close, and then you don't notice it that much untill you start washing it and see the contrast between unwashed and washed parts... Black on the other hand was murder keeping it clean everything showed up on it......I wil never own another black car, but I know the midnight blue is so dark it could be mistaken for black...

·
Registered
877 Posts
colors

White is a very nice color........ Still leaning towards silver..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts