Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to post this, I put a bunch of pictures on my site of the sky today.

I saw a nice green one driving down the highway, the crome in the grill and shinyness of the lights made it look a little odd.

But then I saw it on the street, very nice looking vehicle.

Anyways, pics are here: http://www.cartalkcanada.com

Feel free to comment, no sign up is required but is encouraged :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,414 Posts
The roof looks jacked up. I hope the production model looks a bit cleaner when the top is up and windows rolled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
1994SC2 said:
The roof looks jacked up. I hope the production model looks a bit cleaner when the top is up and windows rolled.
Kinda looks like ice on the top...Canada you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Have you seen the Solstice in person with the roof up? I have seen quite a few. So far, I haven't seen ONE yet without those nasty wrinkles. We can be sure the SKY will follow suit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
SATN SKY said:
Have you seen the Solstice in person with the roof up? I have seen quite a few. So far, I haven't seen ONE yet without those nasty wrinkles. We can be sure the SKY will follow suit.
The wrinkles are usually only a temporary issue once taken out of the trunk. The flatten out over time if the roof is fastened correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Interesting that both on the street Skys we have seen photos of have had Michigan plates. Do the GM Big Wigs all live there or Engineers maybe? Whoever it is...I want their job!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Interesting that both on the street Skys we have seen photos of have had Michigan plates. Do the GM Big Wigs all live there or Engineers maybe? Whoever it is...I want their job!
Michigan is THE place for GM. The Kappa plant is in the area, the GM proving grounds is int eh area, GM headquarters is in the area, etc.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
brentil said:
Michigan is THE place for GM. The Kappa plant is in the area, the GM proving grounds is int eh area, GM headquarters is in the area, etc.
Isn't the Kappa plant in Delaware?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
I saw a SKY on the road yesterday!

I was driving East on I-595 in Fort Lauderdale (approaching I-95) when I spotted a "solstice" about 10 cars ahead. I told the person I was with, who was driving, to pull up closer so I could see it. It was RED which is my color of choice, and I wanted to get a better look.

It took only a second or so to realize this was NOT a solstice, IT WAS A SKY!

A man was driving with the top down, Chili Pepper Red, Black Leather interior, Chrome wheels and a PRIVATE PLATE from Florida attached to the back. I nearly had a heart attack! It was great to see (from the back, from the side, and from the front) as we went by, but I can't help but wonder WHO IS DRIVING A PRIVATELY REGISTERED SKY IN FLORIDA?

For those of you who might suggest it must be one of the pre-production models, I must point out that the GM badge was not on the lower driver's door where it was on the SKY I saw at my dealership, it was placed ahead of the door on the left front fender where I believe the production models will have it.

Does anybody know anything about this car? Are there others?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
I guess they decided to switch the SKY logo to the driver's side??? :confused:

Looks OK with the black top, i still think it would look a lot better with the tan top...:cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top