Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone need a little help was working the online thing with another dealer. In the region not the dealer that I am on the waiting list with . This person emailed me. Told me that they will only be receiving 2 RL cars per year. Also, and this is the big one that the company will only make about 1000 redlines for the 2007 model. If this is right, then only 2 per dealer for the 500 or so in the US. Anybody have any other uptodate info.:banghead: :confused:

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
he is probably right...only about 1500 saturn dealers in the country...and u figure 3000 RL....that will be 2 to a dealership...keeps the price UP///even on the roadster

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks much for the info I am number 2 on the list at the dealer I am working with to get my sky. I lookforward to getting mine
midnite blue
black
chrome
love at first site

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
My dealer has promised me the first one that comes to them since i got the
1st pre-lim order. Hopefully it's no smoke and it happens. Cause 2 cars is'nt anything vs the demand. There will be alot of people corssing fingers i guess if they only make 1000. So whats that maybe 250 cars a month if u include up to december? Will be very interesting to see how many get built per week/day/month, whatever.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I am lost here... Are there 500 Saturn dealerships or 1,500?

Is the 1,000 Red Lines for the Model Year or Calendar Year?

1,000 cars 2006 Calendar Year, 3,000 cars 2007 Model Year makes sense.

·
1,012 Posts
I thought in another thread somone posted there was 480 saturn dealerships. and yeah i guess from my calcs i was thinking 1000 for the calendar year. If it's 1000 until the 2008 model, boy we may be in for a long wait. Just have to wait and see the constraint report this week and to see if the pre-lims do indeed get picked up 3rd week of july.

·
Registered
325 Posts
So if each dealer has an average of 5 people waiting for a RedLine that's 2400people waiting for 1,000 cars, so the 5th guy would get his car in two years ????

Hmmm.... other RWD or and or "fun" vehicles:
GTO, 400 horses for $29,000 (last day of month purchase of course)
Grand Prix GXP -5.3L V8 (FWD for the snow) good family hauler
Used SSR, nice V8 with 6-speed and an automatic hardtop-would sound great with headers!
Used Elise, fun but punishing on the kidneys
SS HHR, same Redline turbo but room for five
Used C5 ZO6 Corvette
Base Sky or Sol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope I was told that it was 1000 07 models period. not just based on calender year and I believe it is about 500 dealerhips across country. That means that it will be 2 delivered to each dealer ship before 08 models arrive which makes since.I am guessing They 08 models will start to come out in summer 07 for delivery late in the summer .

·
1,012 Posts
Ernest said:
It was my understanding that 10,000 SKY's will be built this year. 40% of which will be R/L option. 6000 Base 4000 R/L this is for both the US & Canada.
the base sky is what up to around vin 4300? By the %'s that we have all been reading about 60/40 that would mean the majority of future built sky's would be rl's.

Curious to see what some recent car getters Vin's are. My dealer got one in a couple weeks ago and it had a vin of 3600+.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
open sky said:
Hey everyone need a little help was working the online thing with another dealer. In the region not the dealer that I am on the waiting list with . This person emailed me. Told me that they will only be receiving 2 RL cars per year. Also, and this is the big one that the company will only make about 1000 redlines for the 2007 model. If this is right, then only 2 per dealer for the 500 or so in the US. Anybody have any other uptodate info.:banghead: :confused:
I really doubt this is the case. I am pretty certain of the 60/40 allocation. Your Dealer may be right, but I would need to hear it elsewhere.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bump, anybody in the know that can help with this? Please?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Suspect between 10,000 but less than 20,000 SKY for 2007 model year.

at 40% RedLine, this is between 4000 and 8000 SRL for 2007. About 4 to 8 times more than what is being claimed.

Remember, open sky, you must always consider the source of the information. It is in the dealership network's interest to make the allocation seem VERY scarce. This happened back at the beginning of the Solstice - that every dealer would only get 2 Solstices, they would be "so rare", blah-blah-blah.

Now over 17,000 since last august, INCLUDING the assembly plant ramp-up, AND COUNTING. Also including the line allocations that have been given to SKY.

Also, early on here at skyroadster.com, same thing - every dealership would only get one maybe two SKYs - they would be RARE RARE RARE... yet we're into somewhere around the 4-5000's now (I think, guessing from VINS). If a car "seems" to be rare, than a dealership can get away with surcharges. Don't fall for it - you did the right thing in posing the question on the forum.

Anyone else with better information on percentage of RedLine and totals of SKY production, please correct me, but I'm pretty sure I'm more in the ballpark than open sky's source.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Really, so if I'm number 5 at the two New Mexico dealers I should see a Redline by December rather then fall of 2008?

Thanks.
Brady

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks kappa man that makes since. hope the car is going to be avaible in a larger number than what was quoted to me. I am sure that the tactic is done to get people going. I have heard that people are starting to put orders in for their RL's today so will call my dealer tomorrow. thanks again.

·
Registered
421 Posts
bradyb said:
Really, so if I'm number 5 at the two New Mexico dealers I should see a Redline by December rather then fall of 2008?

Thanks.
Brady
Something tells me you're gonna see a Redline sooner rather than later.

I say this because I spoke to a new dealer contact tonight and she told me she got notification of her first Redline being shipped in two weeks. As it turns out, she said the person on the list backed out (guess they couldn't stand the wait). Anyway she quipped that Redlines are not preordering at anywhere near the rate of the baseline models.

In my own canvassing of dealers this week I've noticed more dealers have an "available" Sky for sale. Anyone want a Yellow with manual tranny?:drool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Pitcom said:
the base sky is what up to around vin 4300? By the %'s that we have all been reading about 60/40 that would mean the majority of future built sky's would be rl's.

Curious to see what some recent car getters Vin's are. My dealer got one in a couple weeks ago and it had a vin of 3600+.
my vin is 3930 received today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts