Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
7,202 Posts
Is there a place to report SCAM sellers?
I assume you are referring to someone using this forum, so yes. You can PM me or use the "Report" link.

·
Administrator
7,202 Posts
Sorry old don't know BBB.
I'm pretty sure that he is referring to the Better Business Bureau. Not very helpful in this case.

You did the correct thing by reporting the scammer. It has been taken care of.

·
Registered
330 Posts
just post it in this thread so we all know !

·
Administrator
7,202 Posts
Enquiring minds want to know... ?
Scammers will make one (usually meaningless) post to establish themselves as a member of the forum, then send a PM to someone that is looking for something and offer to sell it to them. This is a more clandestine variant of the posts you have seen from a new member that read "My cousin Vinny has one of those, email him at [email protected]".

We usually catch them at registration or when they make their post, but sometimes they get the PM out sooner than we can react. This was one of those cases.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
My money is on either “I have one of those” Tim, or the $500 for a complete turbo setup. Both of who created their accounts that very day that they posted.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Crooked dealerships. I had an air bag warning on my na so I took it in for service. He said it would be about $1600.00 to replace the seat sensor. I told him that it should be repaired for free. So he looked and said you are right. But you have a problem with the thermostat sticking and it will be about $900.00 to replace. I asked him how he knew it was sticking because it never overheated. Se said that there was a code. I asked if he reset it. He said they can't because it is a current hard code. I read the codes before I took it to the dealer using a torque app and there were no codes. So did it stick on the trip to the dealer or did it stick open with no code that I could read. Engine temp was normal on the way there. He said they were already working on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My money is on either “I have one of those” Tim, or the $500 for a complete turbo setup. Both of who created their accounts that very day that they posted.
That was the guy that got me but wanted 800 lol. I only gave him 200 due to he used Zella?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts