Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love this car, the rubbernecking, the question we all are asked "what is that" but yesterday was a little freaky... went to the grocery store as I was coming up on my baby there was a guy walking around it (serveral times) no biggie I'm use to that now still makes me smile. Answered his questions (he thought it was a $60k veh) when he wouldnt leave he scared me I was about to hand him the keys! Memo to guys it freaks women out when you wont leave even if the car is a beauty.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I keep getting boxed in on both sides and have a hard time making lane changes. I have missed my exit 4 times because of this. It is getting very annoying!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I keep getting boxed in on both sides and have a hard time making lane changes. I have missed my exit 4 times because of this. It is getting very annoying!
Yep, I totally agree with that statement.

I felt like i was dealing with more aggressive drivers since I was driving the Sky, but in reality they are coasting along with me to get a better look at it as they talk to their passengers. Dropping in to third usually helps get away.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Originally Posted by Karen

Yep, I totally agree with that statement.

I felt like i was dealing with more aggressive drivers since I was driving the Sky, but in reality they are coasting along with me to get a better look at it as they talk to their passengers. Dropping in to third usually helps get away.
Me too, Missed exits. also coasting or speeding ,I always have someone next to me or coming up behind me. Its fun to a point, as long as it only fun miles, like going to the shore ( beach bars) on weekends, but commuting is a pain and I find myself leaving my house early just to make work on time.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
When they come up on my rear quarter panel I count to ten then fake swerve. They will usually get the hint and lock up their wheels. Then I continue on my merry way. Skip...the no good so and so made me lock up my tires. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
450 Posts
When they come up on my rear quarter panel I count to ten then fake swerve. They will usually get the hint and lock up their wheels. Then I continue on my merry way. Skip...the no good so and so made me lock up my tires. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
SKIP...I live in Miami...this is not a good idea...next thing you know you will have a gun pulled on you. :nono:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SKIP...I live in Miami...this is not a good idea...next thing you know you will have a gun pulled on you. :nono:
If the idiot was to pull a gun and be braking and steering all at the same time then he is Superman. Besides what is to say I don't have a gun or I do . That drivers pouch can hold a gun pretty decently without falling out on the floorboard. In other words Karen I dont drive scared I drive like a good driver is supposed too. If the idiot wants to do something stupid than they take their chances. Skip...I would not live in Florida...No dang mountains...:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
My wife was driving our Sky home from work and she was followed all the way to our house she parked and came in the house and told me about her experience. Then there was a knock on the front door and it was the guy who was following her, I had a few choice words for him at first, he apologized and just wanted to know more about the car and how he could get one.....

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have had to tell people to step back a few steps, and I say, "You understand don't you, just a precaution for your safety as well as mine as I don't know you. Heck, either one of us could be an axe murderer right?" And I smile big and open my eyes wide...and they step back.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gee!! I wish could relate to all this but I am still waiting. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I know, can make things difficult. I've been boxed in quite a few times too. Can't get over...

·
Registered
411 Posts

The REDLINE Will Fix All That..

"FLOOR IT AND TAKE YOUR LANE CHANGE WITH GLORY!!!!!!":cheers: :lol:

AND SMOKE THEM!!!!!

"That's why Im Getting the Redline." That Should be the REDLINE Commercial. People Ooogling the car Boxin you in,.. & Theres no way out but at 140+mph,... hahahaha

5.5 Seconds is Exotic Car Speeds!!! Rediculous!!!!! YEAH!!!!

I Was just Researching some V8 Cars that are 4.8 - 5.5 seconds,... Go Saturn!!

That is All!:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Love this car, the rubbernecking, the question we all are asked "what is that" but yesterday was a little freaky... went to the grocery store as I was coming up on my baby there was a guy walking around it (serveral times) no biggie I'm use to that now still makes me smile. Answered his questions (he thought it was a $60k veh) when he wouldnt leave he scared me I was about to hand him the keys! Memo to guys it freaks women out when you wont leave even if the car is a beauty.
Totally agree that this is not a good car for a woman because everytime I come out of the grocery store I have men standing around it. Or, as I'm loading my groceries into the trunk I have some guy come from nowhere and start asking me questions. I am always a little nervous because you just don't know these days. Glad I know Sky-Fu.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The REDLINE Will Fix All That..

"FLOOR IT AND TAKE YOUR LANE CHANGE WITH GLORY!!!!!!":cheers: :lol:

AND SMOKE THEM!!!!!

"That's why Im Getting the Redline." That Should be the REDLINE Commercial. People Ooogling the car Boxin you in,.. & Theres no way out but at 140+mph,... hahahaha

5.5 Seconds is Exotic Car Speeds!!! Rediculous!!!!! YEAH!!!!

I Was just Researching some V8 Cars that are 4.8 - 5.5 seconds,... Go Saturn!!

That is All!:D
Well put, I couldn't have said it better:thumbs: R/L with auto's are pulling 5.0 - 5.1 sec 0 - 60. Mnuals are pulling 5.2 - 5.3 sec. If my info is correct.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree

Same things happened to me several times. Once, I came out of a grocery store to two men taking pictures of my car and trying to chat me up, even going so far as asking if I had a boyfriend/husband. Although I love talking about my car, I'm always cognizant of the crazies out there.... I dont want someone to mistake my talking to them as any sort of invitation. I'm also careful to not have anything on the passenger seat - I leave my purse behind the seat. As much as I love the attention, sometimes people really invade my personal space which can be a little freaky.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
my mom and my GTO

way back when - my dad bought a 1964 GTO for my mom to drive - it had a few problems - but after a guy followed my mom all the way home and pulled into our driveway to talk to her - he sold hte car to me.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
It's good to hear about everybody's experiences. I thought I was getting paranoid! The work commute is becoming a real pain. Thank goodness for weekends and twisty roads!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Same things happened to me several times. Once, I came out of a grocery store to two men taking pictures of my car and trying to chat me up, even going so far as asking if I had a boyfriend/husband. Although I love talking about my car, I'm always cognizant of the crazies out there.... I dont want someone to mistake my talking to them as any sort of invitation. I'm also careful to not have anything on the passenger seat - I leave my purse behind the seat. As much as I love the attention, sometimes people really invade my personal space which can be a little freaky.
It's funny how little tact most guys have... I know some of us can get a bit aggressive and it really is annoying to a guy like me. The ladies are so jaded by all the aggressive tards that when a genuinely nice guy approaches them they get defensive. It really is sad that some guys are that desperate. I've got a few girl friends who are so hot that I really don't like going out to bars with them because all the dogs in the house start coming up and when my friends use me as their excuse the guys start mad dogging me the rest of the night...it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Totally agree that this is not a good car for a woman because everytime I come out of the grocery store I have men standing around it.
I guess this settles the "Is the Sky a Chick Car" thread. :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a cop follw me for a few miles. I was getting a little freaked out, even though I knew I wasn't speeding. Finally he pulled up along side me, gave me the "thumbs up" and took off. :D

Anne

1 - 20 of 22 Posts