Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
RWD Scoin, still lame as F.uck. I'll have some more respect for a turbocharged Subaru variant.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2700lbs, rwd, 200hp... sounds good to me.
I like 350s and 370s too.

I wonder if a 'STi' or 'TRD' model will be released. Seems that the current WRX 265hp turbo would be a route they could take.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
2700lbs, rwd, 200hp... sounds good to me.
I like 350s and 370s too.

I wonder if a 'STi' or 'TRD' model will be released. Seems that the current WRX 265hp turbo would be a route they could take.
Subaru BRZ STi will be in the works. Scion's variant will not come in a turbocharged form. They'll offer common bolt-on's but not a turbo. Subaru will be taking the engine in this joint effort and providing a turbo version worthy of making this car a quick car. What the suspension looking like??? Any good??

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
... What the suspension looking like??? Any good??
'They' say that 4 pot Brembo's from an STi are a bolt on brake upgrade, and the suspension looks like typical Subaru stuff... sharing some things from the Impreza. The LSD is out of a Toyota/Lexus IS300. The entire suspension is photographed HERE.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Chassis performance is designed beyond stock power. These cars are built to meet a dual demand. An "off the showroom" sporty vehicle...some folks are fine with 200HP. And a cater to those who like to see what they can really do. Just add power.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i guess everyones missing the point of this car. this is not a straight line performance sports car, its made for curves. pretty much like the miata but better.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but yeah its ugly lol. i saw a concept fr-s turbo and it looked mean, like way better than the pic posted here. id buy that one.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
A girl that need to eat something and the Subaru BRZ. The car performance wise will be fun but the design language that your assuming Ill climax over, is rather simple and doesnt stand out. Behold itssssssssss...a Subaru, alright moving on.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
im sure once the car come out and people start making body mods that itll start to look better/more aggressive. it probably looks better in person too.

so is this the production model or is it still in concept form? maybe theyll tweak the look a little for production.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It will be a reliable, efficient, twisty road companion, rear wheel, perfect 50/50 balance and tight dimensions (it is quite small in person). I'll admit, to me, it looks like an update of my old 1994 Celica without the round headlights. Which, in 1994 got lots of stares and praise (almost as much as my Sky, for its time) but in 2012 it seems ho hum. Not ugly, just lacking excitement. All the reviews so far are beyond positive when it comes to performance and execution. It is NOT a straight line pony car, adding weight with turbos or larger engines to increase straight line performance will hamper this cars reason for existing: Miata like handling with 4 seats. There will be a turbo Subaru variant, and a convertible is also planned (dont know which brand though). If you think a Mustang/Camaro/Genesis is a "better" car, you are obviously not the target market. This is designed for minimalist drivers: lightweight simplistic execution in the vein of the original CRX, Miata, S2000 and AE-86 Corolla's of old, not turbo, v6/v8 3000lb+ pony cars. Even our Skys will be considered "porky" and complex compared to it. If only Toyobaru could make a visually stunning/classic car like the Sky... then they would be on to something!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Are you driving far? 30mph? Well glad you are happy with it. IMO its a car that lacks in appeal and performance.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
So far, the BRZ and FR-S are exceeding expectations. I wonder if they can keep it up? All I know is: the more performance oriented cars on the road, the better. That is one less Camry, Malibu, Accord, etc. I have to look at driving down the street. :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts