Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Elk Grove responded immediately to our first service issue. We'd noticed an intermittent and infrequent brief but distinct scrape sound. I thought it was the air dam hitting pavement, Jack guessed a wheel well rub (problem not tied to turning).

We were both wrong. Our service manager put 23 miles on today but was able to replicate our sound. They reported into Saturn's tech service folks at headquarters. Documented the problem. Replaced the front control arm bushing and made a note that the "conditions duplicated a suspension scrape type sound when going over repetitive bumps" (NOT speed bumps, just pavement situations). We're happy that they did rule out the other items and narrow down to the suspension. Will take a long road trip to our son's graduation and will report back to them should problem recur.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, sure hope that fixes it up for you. I just got back from long graduation road trip. Car was a hit in the small town. I am sure you will have a blast.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dairy4sky said:
Wow, sure hope that fixes it up for you. I just got back from long graduation road trip. Car was a hit in the small town. I am sure you will have a blast.
Yep. And did I add that we haven't told the kids? Yet! Unveiling comes when we arrive in San Luis Obispo on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
SkyHope said:
Yep. And did I add that we haven't told the kids? Yet! Unveiling comes when we arrive in San Luis Obispo on Saturday.
Oh, that will be fun. Get photos of their faces!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
dairy4sky said:
Be still my heart I saw the words "Car was ... Hit" and almost died....:brentil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts