Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for those who have their Sky. By now many of us (yes me included :willy: ) have had the sick feeling of finding that first mark scratch, scrape or dent on our new baby.

So where are they and how bad. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!:lol: Pictures are welcomed if you think they will help.:thumbs:

BTW if you find manufacturers issues those can also be included.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Scrapes

I scraped the bottom of the front valance in a parking lot. It's not that I scraped the front, you can not see it unless you are under the front bumper, it's that I did it the first day I got it :willy:

We stopped for dinner on the way home from picking the car up, hadn't even been home yet OR been able to show it off to family and friends.

I felt stoopid but on the other hand - it's now been baptised under fire.

4700 miles and still having a blast :D

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yep, scraped my nose too. The black plastic that is attached to the front bumper with some type of push pins. Can't see it. Also have a small rock chip on the hood close to the Saturn logo. Should have got the clear bra.:banghead:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I went in for a detail and had a dent just above the door handle (they fixed) and all is well now. Now I'm glad I installed the clear bra (wish I could have the whole car done)

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is a question for those who have their Sky. By now many of us (yes me included :willy: ) have had the sick feeling of finding that first mark scratch, scrape or dent on our new baby.

So where are they and how bad. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!:lol: Pictures are welcomed if you think they will help.:thumbs:

BTW if you find manufacturers issues those can also be included.
When I took my car in for a check up, the techs put a dent in the right passenger side (fender). It was very small but, STILL A DENT. Lucky for me the Tech in charge brought it to my attention before I saw it and promised to fix it. When I picked it up the boo boo was all gone. I have it in there AGAIN because the damn $2900.00 alarm they forced me to take isn't working right. They are also fixing the useless coffee cup holder (passenger side), and the passenger door panel which bubbled and eventually became a tear... :mad: in the door. Corp. office called me just in time to ask "How I liked my Sky." They got an ear full about the crooked dealers!! But admitted I love my Sky in spite of the annoying little issues. :rolleyes:
Theresa

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I went in for a detail and had a dent just above the door handle (they fixed) and all is well now. Now I'm glad I installed the clear bra (wish I could have the whole car done)
I had a dent above the door handle as well... the passenger side. They had the Dent Dr. fix it for me.

Anyone else notice a small dent above either of their door handles???

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I had a paint chip (down to the bare metal) on my drivers door, and an inch-long scratch on the driver's rear panel...both were on the car when I took delivery...dealer took care of them, and I'm happy with the work they did. Noticed the other day, that I have a scratch on the plastic headlight lens on the passenger side...probably from a rock. Don't think there is much I can do about it, though...good thing it's barely noticeable.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My hole hood has to be repainted and is in the shop as we speak. Also about another 8 to 10 in perfections in the paint and some scratches from the front to the back are all being taken care of for free by the dealer that where there from delivery. I know that I didn't say anything about them from the start but the dealer was the one that pointed most of them out and said not to worry it would be fixed or replaced till it was 100%. Just miss my SKY now boy do I and its the weekend good thing there saying rain for more then a week now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
my car will be in the shop next week...someone sat or leaned on the drivers side rear quarter panel..787.00 in damage....ill post before and after pics

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the slightest of a dent on the edge of the trunk lid between the humps. I may have done it closing the trunk, so I always use the little handles now to close the trunk.
I also have a tiny chip on the edge of the passenger side door. Even though I was parked at the far end of a parking lot, a truck parked next to my sky and didn't leave much room. I tried to be very careful when opening the door but it still hit the edge of the truck's bed.
Very minor things that I will look into getting fixed next time I go to the dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a shallow 4" wide dent in my drivers door above the fold (if that makes sense)

Had a guy come and fix it--amazing job and you would never know! $95.

Makes me miss the polymer that the other Saturns are made of.

Anne

·
Registered
80 Posts
Two small rock chips almost 1/4 inch from one another a half inch left of center on the point edge of the hood. One looks almost like a crack/tear about and 1/4 inch long. Tried the touch-up on that but all I could do is cover it due to its shape. The average person probably wouldn't notice but I see it everytime I walk by. The other scratch should not have even been there. My left rear taillight was cracked in transport. I had to show it to service and they ordered a new one from the factory. Took amost two months to get a replacement but they called and I brought it in. Forty minutes later the car rolls out with the flashers on, great job installing the fixture, only one problem was someone decided to slip with the screwdriver and scrape the paint off the fender. Just a 1/8th inch long but still there. Wife say's I'm over reacting. I tell her they are suppose tp fix my baby and not make it worse. After getting it home I notice a small star shaped stress crack in the corner of the lens. Everyone very apoligetic and extremely nice and I like them and all but Oh well, time to go to a different dealer for service I guess. I know this sounds paranoid but I'm thinking my Saturn Dealership does this stuff just to get my car back on the lot for everyone to drool over. It's mine I tell you. All mine....:crazy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I now have 4 spots that need attention. Two are on the edge of the drivers door (nothing major). They go down to the metal! I also have a stone chip on the passanger side. I think it was in front of the wheel. Then there is the dent in the passanger door I noted. This one is a manufacturing issue.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'v had one spot on my door fixed which was a small dint, had a stone chip on the windshield frame fixed, but have two small chip on the lower front fascia that I still need to get repaired. Yesterday I had my sill inserts replaced.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Oh yeah I've got a stone chip on the chrome Saturn Logo

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I'm a bit ashamed of myself for this, but here goes.

I have four parallel scratches, each about 6 inches long in the middle of my hood. I was heading to the supermarket on Sunday and came across a bunch of little kids washing cars to make money for sports programs that were cut out of the local school budget after it was voted down. I always stop for little kids trying to make money because when I was about ten, I set up a lemonade stand and no one stopped. My parents didn't even buy a cup, though Mom did make the wasted lemonade and helped me with my sign.

As usual, I figured I'd stop and let them make their money off of me, then go to the real car wash and have the car actually cleaned well. I saw that they were using brushes and wash mitts, and made sure they only used the mitts on my car. A short while later, I walked out of the supermarket and almost fainted. The scratches should be able to be buffed out, but I haven't had a chance to get to a body shop. Next time, I guess I'll just give the kids a donation!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I started another thread on this but:

I wrecked a splash guard pulling off the pavement onto dirt to do a three point turn. Must have missed the rock that ripped the left front splash guard loose. Dang, this car is low :willy:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a dent above the door handle as well... the passenger side. They had the Dent Dr. fix it for me.

I actually have a dent above each door handle and a small chip on the edge of the door caused by me when I opened the drivers door in my garage.:mad: Boy did I give mtself a stern talking to....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Managed to "carress" a parking block and recieved a couple of "rough spots" on the under bumper. Not visible, but I can feel the roughness. So far other than a tiny dent (not a chip and theaint is intact) on a front bumper, no bigger than a finishing nail head, it is OK.:willy:

·
Registered
141 Posts

Yes, as a matter of fact... like an oval. Trying to figure out how it could possibly of gotten there, its not a door dent...is it a manufacturer dent?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts