Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I might be able to find a black sheepskin seat pad for the Sky? It doesn't have to be 'custom made'...a universal fit will do just fine...even one that is designed for a chair. With the cooler temps quickly approaching...I am finding a cold leather seat is just a tad bit uncomfortable. I just want something to keep my tushy warm in the cooler months, and cool in the hot months. I have been scouring the net for sheepskin seat covers...but I am finding that the majority of places only offer custom-made full seat covers...and most don't even have the Sky or Sol on their lists. :rolleyes: So...I would be happy if I could just find something for the bottom part of the seat...I'm not too concerned about the seatback. If anyone comes across anything close to what I'm looking for...please give me a holler! Oh...and yes...it has to be BLACK! That's another problem...I have found tons of sheepskin seat pads...but they are all that icky 'natural' color.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not bad for $59.99.:thumbs: Would be kind of nice for cooler weather.:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, those came up in my search too. I agree, they aren't bad for the price. But actually, I was only looking for something to cover the bottom part of the seat...the part your butt actually sits on. I didn't really want a full seat cover, because I would still like to access that front pocket on the front of the seat bottoms...wouldn't be able to with full seat covers. Thanks for the info anyway...maybe I'll give them a call just to see how close the fit for the Sky would be.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was looking for a cushion.......cuz I'm not exactly tall. I found one at Walmart that is a gel-type cushion, with no skid rubberish bottom and football jersey type on the top. Not sheepskin, but it is black and VERY comfortable. My friend had a tailbone injury and is never comfortable riding long distances. This cushion got RAVE reviews!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking for a cushion.......cuz I'm not exactly tall. I found one at Walmart that is a gel-type cushion, with no skid rubberish bottom and football jersey type on the top. Not sheepskin, but it is black and VERY comfortable. My friend had a tailbone injury and is never comfortable riding long distances. This cushion got RAVE reviews!
Hmmm...that certainly sounds like it might be an option for me. What department in Walmart would this cushion be found? With the no skid bottom, does it actually stay put on the Sky's seat? Right now I'm just using a black towel and I find that it slips around very easily on the leather surface. Also...how much was the cushion?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was using a black towel also......the very reason this one caught my eye was the no-skid. It works PERFECTLY on the leather.

It was in the automotive department......right around the seat covers and steering wheel covers. They are about $18 each, but they are great.

Let me know if you find them and if they work for you.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was using a black towel also......the very reason this one caught my eye was the no-skid. It works PERFECTLY on the leather.

It was in the automotive department......right around the seat covers and steering wheel covers. They are about $18 each, but they are great.

Thank you SO much! I will put Walmart on my list of places to stop today for sure! :thumbs:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here's something I found on eBay. Item number: 220028695445. I know you were'nt really looking for a full cover but you might keep checking there until you find what you want.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks...I did check it out...looks like a nice cover, but I think it says it's for a truck seat. The price is certainly good, though. Most custom full seat covers I've seen are at least $150, and I've seen some as high as $300. :eek:

I may end up just getting a piece of uncut sheepskin, trimming it down and somehow finding a way to secure it to the seat so it doesn't slide around.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Donna...I stopped by my Walmart, and while they did have full seat cushions (that covered both the seat and back)...I was unable to find any that had the no-skid bottom. These covers were $18.47 (or something like that), but none of them had a no-slip bottom, so I'm assuming they weren't the same style that you had purchased. Perhaps the Walmart stores in my area just don't carry them. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It was 2 months ago that I bought mine.

If I get a chance, I'll swing by and see if mine still has any and I'll take a picture. Maybe that'll help.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Try the "Rocky Mountian Sheepskin Company. They don't show exactly what it is your looking for BUT they may be able to do it....also they have every color for covers for seats and sholder belts.....and tons of other items. I currently have their seat belt pads in my truck and they are wonderful. Price was good as well and with color matching.... Good luck getting a pad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seat covers

Does anyone know if or when Wet Okole will have the Sky seat pattern for custom seats? Or is there some alternative?

Appreciate the help...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts