Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here planning on getting seat covers for their SKY? I was thinking that maybe some black sheepskin covers would keep the black leather seats cooler in the hot sun...and also warmer in the cooler months. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You could tint your windows and get one of those dashboard heat shields to help keep it cooler. Why pay for the premium trim if you're just going to cover it up?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MISky said:
You could tint your windows and get one of those dashboard heat shields to help keep it cooler. Why pay for the premium trim if you're just going to cover it up?

Well...I definitely plan on getting a sunshield for the dash...but the window tinting is out. Not only is it illegal in my area...I simply don't like it. Gives off too much of a "Pimp My Ride" look. Just not my style. I mainly got the premium trim for the audio controls on the steering wheel...otherwise, I would have gotten cloth seats.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
MISky said:
I will be driving solo on my commute to work and would like to protect the driver's the interior. I decided against the Tonnuea cover so I figure covering the passenger seat along with the floormats would cover/protect most of the interior. :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
nscrbug said:
Is anyone here planning on getting seat covers for their SKY? I was thinking that maybe some black sheepskin covers would keep the black leather seats cooler in the hot sun...and also warmer in the cooler months. Any thoughts on this?
I was thinking along the lines of a beach :cool: towel or maybe a good-'ol-boy :eek: T-shirt with a picture of my favorite beverage on it! :cheers:
I suppose a couple of NASCAR stickers on the seat would help cool her down.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
eldeeko said:
I was thinking along the lines of a beach :cool: towel or maybe a good-'ol-boy :eek: T-shirt with a picture of my favorite beverage on it! :cheers:
Im with you, gonna put a big beach towel over the seats. Dont want the 3rd degree burns on the back of the legs...:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I put sheepskin covers on my 75 Spitfire to keep my skin from peeling on the black seats. Yep the color of the covers were grey and ya know I tant had a problem with hot seat no more. And when I spill a drink, well throw the covers in the washer and put them back on. Skip.... sometimes he be smart..:cheers: :cheers: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
The hard part was agettin hold of them sheep. Yep went up on brokeback mountain an killt me three or four. Yep tan those hides an sewin. Why I felt so completed. Skip...just kidding....:cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I will not be covering up my seats. It doesn't matter if the seats are :mad: or :chill: I will just suck it up and :driving: on. My interior is far too beautiful to cover up.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Never found leather seats to get as warm as VINYL!! Now those were bad..!
The leather might be warm at first but they never seemed to get sticky and wet like the vinyl ones of old.
If you keep the leather conditioned and clean -- it should breathe and be OK

·
Registered
276 Posts
The only part of the seat that is made of leather is the center seating "strip" the rest is vinyl. The parts that touch the bare part of you leg when wearing shorts is vinyl and that will BURN !!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Way2Fast said:
The only part of the seat that is made of leather is the center seating "strip" the rest is vinyl. The parts that touch the bare part of you leg when wearing shorts is vinyl and that will BURN !!
Thats what I'm talking about, dont need no burns...:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
See if you can order the premium package w/o the leather seats. Can't see why they'd refuse that. If you're gonna pay, might as well get exactly what you want. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mista_phi said:
See if you can order the premium package w/o the leather seats. Can't see why they'd refuse that. If you're gonna pay, might as well get exactly what you want. :cheers:
Nope...cannot be done...premium trim means leather seats. Besides...my order has been in since 3/27/06...too late to change it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Skip said:
The hard part was agettin hold of them sheep. Yep went up on brokeback mountain an killt me three or four. Yep tan those hides an sewin. Why I felt so completed. Skip...just kidding....:cheers: :cheers:
Ski-up, ya reckon ya could tint sum of them skins PINK for me? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Skip said:
What are you kiddin' about? the going to the mountain? the sheep? or just the Killin' part :jester:

I've heard it called a lot of things, but never heard it called "Killt" before :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ok... you have heard of alot of things.. BUT HAVE YOU HEARD OF THEM BEING PINK??????? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
48 Posts
custom seat covers on ebay sky

The red sky on ebay has "custom seat covers" which look like the factory leather option. it is a red sky and red/black is not an option available with that exterior color.

·
Registered
151 Posts
marklynn70 said:
I will not be covering up my seats. It doesn't matter if the seats are :mad: or :chill: I will just suck it up and :driving: on. My interior is far too beautiful to cover up.
Try leaving a few layers of skin on the seats...you may change your mind! My vette has black leather seats and I can guarantee that DNA from the back of my legs is permantly stuck to them!

I had planned on getting neoprene seat covers from www.wetokole.com, but just never did. They have covers for the Vue, so maybe they'll come along with some for the Sky before long. You can customize the colors, add graphics, etc. They're alot more than you pay at Wal-Mart, but would look pretty cool.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Ditto

eldeeko said:
Thats what I do too. The beach towel is a multi purpose device. It helps keep the seat more comfortable, and can be used to dry off with when you do get to the beach.
The leather does not stay as hot so it only has to be covered when someone is going to sit there

1 - 20 of 24 Posts