Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on cars.com that saturn will be adding a seat height adjuster as a standard feature in July of this year. Has anyone else heard this and do you think the redline's will come stock with this, by the time they're delivered...

P.S. I ordered a redline already, last Friday, but I am just wondering as I like to be able to adjust the height of the seat to my liking. I will be getting the RL either way though!

--Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Yes and Yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
There is a post on here late May or so that has the Order Codes Sheet for post July 7th when the plant is re-tooled. The seat adjuster shows as standard on both the regular and RL Sky after that point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
wt2ga said:
It it the "Power Seat Option" ...??
It is not power -- good old crank power...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Standard equipment on all SKYs produced after 6/26/06
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Seat Adjuster...Did it go into production the week of 6/26

Just looking if anyone can confirm that the seat adjuster (power or otherwise) went into production the week of 6/26 as was suggested in some earlier posts...thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
I plan on using that power source to have heated seats installed :thumbs:
As low as the clearance is on the car I'd almost surmise if you drive over 50MPH the friction beneath your seat will warm it up just fine :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
StarlightSky said:
As low as the clearance is on the car I'd almost surmise if you drive over 50MPH the friction beneath your seat will warm it up just fine :jester:

oh my gosh :lol: I hadnt thought of that! guess I can save my money and spend it on a day at the spa. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
bassman said:
Just looking if anyone can confirm that the seat adjuster (power or otherwise) went into production the week of 6/26 as was suggested in some earlier posts...thanks.
No. It is now scheduled for "interim 2007 MY." No one knows how long "interim" will be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Any ideas if it can be added into a current Sky already delivered? Being 6' 4" the seat dropping an inch or two would be wonderful!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Don't think it will work

USFJoseph said:
Any ideas if it can be added into a current Sky already delivered? Being 6' 4" the seat dropping an inch or two would be wonderful!
I think from what I have seen and heard it will raise the seat more not lower it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
I doubt if you'll drop the seat. I can't slide a road atlas under mine.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
USFJoseph said:
Any ideas if it can be added into a current Sky already delivered? Being 6' 4" the seat dropping an inch or two would be wonderful!
At six-four might I recommend that you remove the seat altogether and just sit on a whoopie cushion on the floorboards? That way you could lean right up agaist the rear bulkhead and gain a couple of inches of legroom, too.

Just trying to be helpful... :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
kkohlmann said:
I read on cars.com that saturn will be adding a seat height adjuster as a standard feature in July of this year. Has anyone else heard this and do you think the redline's will come stock with this, by the time they're delivered...

P.S. I ordered a redline already, last Friday, but I am just wondering as I like to be able to adjust the height of the seat to my liking. I will be getting the RL either way though!

--Ken
The power seat adjusters won't start untill end of August. So the first Solstice won't have them either.

The seat adjuster are interim for the Solstice. ( Just like your bluestone was ) Per GM !!! They will not start being put in the Solstice untill the end of August. I know so you can disagree as much as you want.

Originally Posted by Distribution Newsletter

Please be advised that (AF2) Driver 2-way Power Seat Height Adjuster will not be available at the start of production. Initial production of (AF2) is anticipated to begin late August.

I went and found the newsletter for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
bassman said:
Just looking if anyone can confirm that the seat adjuster (power or otherwise) went into production the week of 6/26 as was suggested in some earlier posts...thanks.
I have not been able to confirm. But if the 6/26 date is right, we have power seats
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
skywulf said:
I have not been able to confirm. But if the 6/26 date is right, we have power seats
Just to be gramatically correct, you won't have "power seats" you will have a single seat with a power height adjuster. No power front/back, no power back angle, no tilt... Just up or down, on the driver's side only.

That's what you meant, right?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top