Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting my Sky Redline in a months time and have been reading up on the various issues and enhancements that can be made. One thread I have not seen is Seats. I visited the PA auto show earlier this year and noticed that the drivers seat leather surface was becomming stretched/wrinkled from a lot of use. I have also seen the same in photos taken of used sky's for sale. So realy two things to question:-

· Can any of you longer term owners comment on the quality of the leather seats and how they stand up to regular use.

· Anyone with the Cloth Seats - do you see the same happening or is this just the leather seats.

Any comments would be appreciated :thumbs:

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you search this seat topic you will find a number of us have added foam to the seat bottoms. This limits the sinking that stretches the leather. It is a relatively easy fix.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am looking at getting my Sky Redline in a months time and have been reading up on the various issues and enhancements that can be made. One thread I have not seen is Seats. I visited the PA auto show earlier this year and noticed that the drivers seat leather surface was becomming stretched/wrinkled from a lot of use. I have also seen the same in photos taken of used sky's for sale. So realy two things to question:-

· Can any of you longer term owners comment on the quality of the leather seats and how they stand up to regular use.

· Anyone with the Cloth Seats - do you see the same happening or is this just the leather seats.

Any comments would be appreciated :thumbs:

I can tell you that the bottom leather seat covers are like $177.00- $200 a piece so if you one does wear or stretch out one can always buy a new cover to put on it. Changing them out is very simple, not like other cars. Just zippers, velcro and a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
JPM, one of the Forum supporting vendors, can re-leather your seats and anything else you want if you are not happy with the factory leather.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2/interior-you-should-have-jpm-course-21352/

I have the red/blk leather interior. The leather is OK, and it is sagging. I eventually will add foam to the seats. Maybe even bring it to JPM for some leather on the dash and doors.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts