Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post this since i've never seen it posted here before.

Just noticed last night that our Sky has a small upside down "L" shaped plastic piece that I am guessing mounts to the floor, goes through a hole towards the rear portion of the floormat (hole has what appears to be a hard plastic grommet in it) to secure the floormat so it doesn't move around.

I thought this is a great little idea since our other cars had floormats that seemed to bunch up & move around.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I got the Saturn OEM rubber floor mats and they stay where you put them. The little hooks don't even work with them. :eek:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the Saturn OEM rubber floor mats and they stay where you put them. The little hooks don't even work with them. :eek:
Our carpeted floormats came standard, I didn't know they had rubber floormats.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
GM Cars

:cheers:
The 06 Corvette has the grommet/hole plastic design for the carpet floor mats and so does the drivers side of the 06 Impala. Now to keep the corvette carpet spotless I got the clear plastic floor mats and guess what slides around, like da. So what to do, how to you keep a expensive sports car looking like new? The Impala just vacuum out the mud, :rolleyes:
Sky, Hmm will have to make a major decision, clear mats to protect or like the daily driver just clean it once in a while...:banghead:
I do like the design!

TulsaSky

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have the Saturn rubber mats. They look great... around $60

·
Registered
804 Posts
The standard fabric floormats have the gromets...I like them ALOT! I just love the fact they don't slide around all the time. Nice little invention, wish I could get the royality checks on it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep...I got those mats, too...best $60 I've spent so far on the car! :thumbs: They catch water and dirt better than any other mats I've seen.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I got the carpet mats and DO love the clip that holds them in place. The Black plastic ones look more in tune with a nice Pick-up truck...:lol:

Oh but I keep a change of shoes to drive in (not!!):thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Carpet hold-back

The use of a hole in the carpet and some kind of clip to prevent the carpet from sliding started a number of years ago - in fact my 1996 Civic had a recall for that - car built before they were standard and I beleive there was some lawsuit where someone's carpet got wedged either behind the gas pedal or the brake which resulted in an accident. At the time I did not think it such a big deal - and did not have it done. Since then, all the little rubber nubs on the bottom of the carpet have broken off and the carpet itself has become stiff (northeast ohio - wet, salt, cold etc) - now the carpet moves around a lot - and the wife complained of the gas pedal sticking. Not sure that the carpet was responsible - because there was also a throttle cable recall that the dealer said was likely the problem at the time - and I asked about getting the carpet recall done but the parts are no longer in stock - so I made a coupel holes and used some heavy duty zip ties to restrain the carpet from moving around - doesn't look so good - but it works.

The all weather rubber mats tend to be heavier, thicker, and more flexible - so they are not so prone to sliding around. But if you use all season mats not specific to yoru vehicle - check first to make sure they do not interfere with the pedals in any way (either on the way down or back up).

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
:agree:

I bought them just because I thought they looked so great in the car at the auto shows. Turns out they also fit and do their job very well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts