Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Sky for a little over a month. All that time driving and I have never seen another Sky on the road, only a Solstice once. Has any present Sky owners seen another one while driving and if you did, did you wave to each other?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I saw one, but I was not in my Sky. I was in my other car. So, no wave.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Less than 2000 out of the factory...it's going to be awhile before you start seeing multi-Skys out there.
Around my area, SE Michigan/NW Ohio, I have seen 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 pearl tooling around...but not the same day/week. My Sky is still "released to carrier" and not at the dealership yet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, I got a story that is hard to believe. A neighbor 5 houses down the street from me took delivery of his sky yesterday. So, we have 2 on the same street! How 'bout them apples?:thumbs:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stu's Sky said:
Well, I got a story that is hard to believe. A neighbor 5 houses down the street from me took delivery of his sky yesterday. So, we have 2 on the same street! How 'bout them apples?:thumbs:
Did you know he was getting a Sky too?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Today on the Washington Beltway, a white solstice passed me while I was driving my white sky. Its the first time I saw one of those and we both checked each others cars out while driving, and we waved. A few days ago at the Best Buy in Gaithersburg, MD, someone left a note on my windshield telling me that they loved my SKY and that he had one himself, and left his phone number. I haven't called, I've been too busy, but no, I haven't seen another SKY even in the showroom but my own. I'd sure like to though :)

The worst thing though, I'm a 35 year old man, and my 70 year old mother in law loved my car so much, she went to the Saturn dealer today and ordered one for herself. Its going to be hard driving the same car as this old monster (every Mother in Law stereotype holds true for this one), i'm not sure I can take it!

·
Registered
277 Posts
triple black said:
Did you know he was getting a Sky too?
Yes, after I purchased mine.

·
Registered
804 Posts
[/QUOTE]The worst thing though, I'm a 35 year old man, and my 70 year old mother in law loved my car so much, she went to the Saturn dealer today and ordered one for herself. Its going to be hard driving the same car as this old monster (every Mother in Law stereotype holds true for this one), i'm not sure I can take it![/QUOTE]

Look at it this way: now you have more in common with your elders than just your wife.:lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
At work last night a friend of mine that has a Solstice said she seen a Sky driving around up here with American plates. It was Chili Pepper Red.:seeya:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Be careful who you refer to as old. There will be a lot of us who are AARP eligible behind the wheel of a SKY.:driving: My wife and I included - :yesnod:
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
triple black said:
I have had my Sky for a little over a month. All that time driving and I have never seen another Sky on the road, only a Solstice once. Has any present Sky owners seen another one while driving and if you did, did you wave to each other?
I have only seen 1 Sol and he pulled across the street to come right next to me and talk. As for a SKY, I haven't seen any on the road yet though people have called saying "Hey, Im behind you" and I'm like... "uhhh no your not."

I have noticed that some other roadsters wave (a miata, a Z3 and a lexus SC430) so is this kind of like the Jeep thing? Do roadster owners wave to one another? I think the SC430 thought I was another Lexus because they looked very confused once they got really close (like they had just told the airline security attendant "You Too!" when they said "Have a good flight" and then felt like a moron). I plan to wave at every SKY I see on the road, Ill be miffed if they don't wave back though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Living in Los Angeles, where we are completely inundated with cars, I have seen a couple of Solstices (solstie? - pl?), however, I had an opportunity to drive next to one the other day down one of LA's main blvds, Ventura and I pulled up next to one. He rolled his window down and I said, "nice car" and then he said, "nice car", then he told me he bought 2. That was it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
Be careful who you refer to as old. There will be a lot of us who are AARP eligible behind the wheel of a SKY.:driving: My wife and I included - :yesnod:
:cheers:

...No offense meant what so ever! I meant it more like she's an "old sea hag", or something just refering to her. Trust me, if you ever met my mother in law you'd with you hadn't. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
What is the color of the other sky?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Chili Pepper Girl said:
What is the color of the other sky?
Silver Pearl w/ red interior

·
Registered
277 Posts
sorry I was not clear.....red/black....like Ernest's car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1994SC2 said:
I have only seen 1 Sol and he pulled across the street to come right next to me and talk. As for a SKY, I haven't seen any on the road yet though people have called saying "Hey, Im behind you" and I'm like... "uhhh no your not."

I have noticed that some other roadsters wave (a miata, a Z3 and a lexus SC430) so is this kind of like the Jeep thing? Do roadster owners wave to one another? I think the SC430 thought I was another Lexus because they looked very confused once they got really close (like they had just told the airline security attendant "You Too!" when they said "Have a good flight" and then felt like a moron). I plan to wave at every SKY I see on the road, Ill be miffed if they don't wave back though.
Having owned Corvettes, it was always common practice to wave at them when passing. So maybe we will start the same thing with Skys

1 - 20 of 54 Posts