Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am actively seeking a low mileage 2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Hydro Blue LE with manual transmission. VIN should begin with 1G8ML_____________. If anyone is considering selling theirs or is aware of one coming on the market, please contact me.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I may be interested. What is the last 3 digits in your VIN and what price are you seeking?
You do know that thread is from 2 yrs ago. It was a link to a dealer sale, so there is no one on here to respond to you

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You do know that thread is from 2 yrs ago. It was a link to a dealer sale, so there is no one on here to respond to you
ummm....no.

IBGoodinTX posted it yesterday. The original thread is from 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
ummm....no.

IBGoodinTX posted it yesterday. The original thread is from 2 years ago.
True, but the Redline, which is what he was looking for is 2yrs old. Sure the base hydro blue is recent, but he is looking for a Redline.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
With the limited production aspect a reality, maybe an NA is about as close as he will get. Then have to make it Redline competitive himself. But then again, maybe he is just "ONE LUCKY GUY".

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
With the limited production aspect a reality, maybe an NA is about as close as he will get. Then have to make it Redline competitive himself. But then again, maybe he is just "ONE LUCKY GUY".
I'm guessing given the way he has phrased things and his limited engagement he is looking for a "collectible" so I doubt he will be changing the engine. Redline Hydro Blues come up for sale probably 3 or 4 a year it seems. As someone who was looking for the hardest to get Redline/ Auto Hydro blue I actually passed a few that were not at the right time or money eventually got what I was looking for.

In 5yrs of looking at these cars from a buyers perspective, its pretty rare that someone looking for a redline buys a base. It may happen but not very often. We are just moving into selling season in the north. Personally would love to continue searching the hydro blues for sale, Could start a thread like Chop tops, but it is a lot of work to keep looking and digging, I know Chris who use to be here, still is on the Solstice forum posts them when he finds them, He was usually a day or 2 behind, expect on the one I bought. I think him and I saw it about the same time, but since that was on ebay it was an easy find. Man this is bringing back all the good memories of the hunt, calling some guy in the back woods of Kentucky who had posted on like some local wheeler deeler rag sheet, that somehow got to the internet. All he had was 2009 Blue sky and phone number. When I called him up it was a very funny conversation. Something about man I don't know about any hydro the car is just blue, no there are no red lines on it.. its a blue car (said with a deep hillbilly accent) finally asked if it had a silver strip down the middle of the car, and after a long no its just blue. I decided this car was not a Hrydro, and if it was there was no way I would ever be able to buy it from him and have it shipped. Oh the good times. Or the guys who were sure they had "something special" and wanted way over value for them. Some of those will probably appear again this spring. I think one was in Wisconsin shows up every year.

Thanks for taking me back down memory lane, while I help my daughter with her taxes.

Good luck to the guy on the hunt for his hydro blue.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Finding a "low-mileage manual Hydro-blue RL" will be a tough chore...but it is possible to get lucky.

I thought that I'd have no chance of finding a replacement "excellent condition 2008 Red on Red, Automatic, RL" (only 34 were made - and I've already destroyed one of them).

ChopTop found me one for sale only a few hours away - within days. So you just never know!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for the post. For the record, someone posted the 2 year old advertisement to this thread and I didn't realize it when I reviewed the post. Nevertheless, I am specifically looking for the red line version in a manual. I know it will be a long search, but I do not want to settle for the base (even though there were only 40 of them). I am hopeful the red line will turn up, until then the quest continues :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thank you guys for the post. For the record, someone posted the 2 year old advertisement to this thread and I didn't realize it when I reviewed the post. Nevertheless, I am specifically looking for the red line version in a manual. I know it will be a long search, but I do not want to settle for the base (even though there were only 40 of them). I am hopeful the red line will turn up, until then the quest continues :)
hope you find, it. I love mine, its what you're looking for and I'd love to know someone else that has the same model. there were only 20 Stick shift Red line Hydro's and being that I have one and it would take allot for me to sell. only 19 left. I can actually get you all 20 Vin's as I have the list, as does Davhamm, I've actually done the GMPP on mine so 290HP 340 TQ and Its got alittle over 30K so its not really low miles.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love you nickname Sky4Christ. Thanks for the encouragement. One will turn up at some point. I have the VIN list, but thank you for the offer. Hope to join you on the road with my own soon.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hydroblue is on my radar (along w/the Sol Fresh version). But davhamm has said they just don't pop up often. Plus as these cars age, owners might take a little more time checking into the Sky market and finding out not many were built compared to mainstream sports cars, and that might eventually start affecting pricing for Hydroblue. I'm thinking Hemmings, and some of the larger auction places like Mecum and Barrett Jackson should be places to check on a regular basis. Along w/keeping popping this thread up on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Thanks MBeardsley! I am watching ChopTop.
Choptop only posts on Sunday, you may lose any Hydro blue by waiting for that post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts